Ghost of Tsushima

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I remember literally nothing about HZD. I enjoyed GoT way more.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So bought the expansion. Overwrote my completed save. Treating it like a brand new install.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I remember literally nothing about HZD. I enjoyed GoT way more.
F641A7EC-0A4A-40A5-A61A-4DCFF36BB6C4.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How is everyone liking the Director's Cut / PS5 version? I was planning to pick it up today, but I don't really have time to play it and don't know when I actually will at the moment. Glad I waited on finishing the PS4 version (only did chapter 1 there) cause this looks pretty neat.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So bought the expansion. Overwrote my completed save. Treating it like a brand new install.
This seems to have happened to my Marvel Avengers info, downloaded the latest update and it wiped my character progress. Still have the achievements, but the game boots up as if its a brand new install with nothing complete.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got this last night, had no issue getting my PS4 saved game transferred.

Game looks gorgeous as usual, load time which were already fast on the PS4 are near instant now.

I completely forgot how to play, the buttons, the combos and more importantly which stance is good against which adversaries.

Only played 2 hours or so, story hasn't grabbed me yet, and the new skill suck since it's only charging through enemies with your horse.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm about 6 hours in, and it's crazy to me already that this game wasn't GOTY. There is no way TLOUS2 was this good of a game. The combat is just flat out amazing, crisp, and rewarding. The visuals are jaw dropping. Good story so far too.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm about 6 hours in, and it's crazy to me already that this game wasn't GOTY. There is no way TLOUS2 was this good of a game. The combat is just flat out amazing, crisp, and rewarding. The visuals are jaw dropping. Good story so far too.

Having played Ghost of Tsushima 100% and having watched a full Let's Play of TLOU2, I definitely concur it should have won GOTY before TLOU2.

I mean, on a technical level both are very solid games, but TLOU2 felt sooo fucking bloated to me, it just gets very boring and the perpetual grimdark crapsack world downer endings of every fucking arc in the game is just bleh.

Ghost of Tsushima has a much more balanced story and didn't outstay its welcome for me, I was both happy and sad to see it end. And while it's not a super happy story either, the game remains far more enjoyable and just more FUN than shooting and shiving dudes and shroomzombies in decayed suburbs.

TLOU2 offered nothing very memorable except one or two shock value moments, on the other hand Ghost of Tsuhima has some of the most breathtaking landscapes I've seen in a video game, and the music is very good. AND it has memorable story moments. So an overall win in my opinion.

But even with a badass samurai/ninja in a beautiful rendition of japanese scenery, you can't beat transgender / feminist characters in this day and age, so TLOU2 won.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished the DLC main story, side quests and discovered all POI. Didn’t 100% it though some of the achievement I don’t care to do unlike the main game. Took me about 10 hours.

I enjoyed it a lot, story was good as were most of the side quests. The island is beautiful and was fun to explore.

The new skills I didn’t care for since charging stuff with your horse didn’t really add anything to the combat. I didn’t like the new armour either, it’s pretty strong if you can do your perfect party but losing regular party hurt too much for me.

All in all I enjoyed it just wish they had added new skills that would have affected combat more.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
if you have nice headphones sure, you don't want to die cuz a mongol sneaked up on your ass while you were hiding
I'm more concerned about how graphic it is. Is it closer to Kill Bill or Teletubbies?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

It got a few awards but it was easily my GOTY last year. I think the two best games last year were this and Hades. After finally getting to play Hades a couple weeks ago, I think the edge goes to Tsushima, but I'm biased because I seem to have plateaued at Hades and it feels like a huge time investment to unlock all the story in that game.

Been playing the xpac for Tsushima for the last few days and I don't get the criticism out there that it's not worth the money or it should have been free. There's plenty of stuff added into Iki island, both old and new.
- New horse abilities (horse armor looks badass and the charge to run people over is great fun)
- A new armor set based on perfect parries / dodges
- New charms adding even more customization to builds. Some better range charms to bring it up to par with other builds like automatic triple headshota charm that doubles the effect of your minor charms as long as you have no more than 1 of each type that is pretty broken if you build around it.

And all that single player stuff is not counting the online multiplayer content that was added in shortly after release for FREE.