Ghost of Tsushima

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How hard is this game mechanically?

I'm ok at dark souls, but anything which requires split-second button sequence mashing isn't my thing.

Nowhere near as hard as Souls.

Glad I waited to play it now. lol

I'm confused about the upgrading. I've got the base PS4 version, but it isn't digital. How do I get the PS5 Director's Cut for $30? I'm guessing it's a situation where you put the PS4 version into the PS5 and that changes the cost of downloading the PS5 Director's Cut off of the PS Store to $30, and then you need to have the PS4 disc in the system to play it.

PS4 to PS5 upgrading hasn't been as smooth as I would have hoped, in general. Like for instance with things like FF7, Control, and Fallen Order you have to go to "Select Game Version" on the PS5 desktop or it'll default to the PS4 version, and you get two sets of trophies, and sometimes your saves don't carry over. Or in FF7's case you need to patch the game and then upload your saves to Square's servers before you start the PS5 version. I upgraded Terminator Resistance and played through the entire game before realizing I had to "select game version" to access the PS5 additions. I still got some upgrades like vibration added, but it wasn't what it should have been and I wasn't going to replay it a second time.

TBH I'll probably just sell my PS4 version and go buy this on PS5 for $70 rather than messing around with paying $30 I won't get back to patch my by-then rapidly-depreciating PS4 version.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm confused about the upgrading. I've got the base PS4 version, but it isn't digital. How do I get the PS5 Director's Cut for $30?

You should find it in the store if the game is installed.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ordered the PS5 version, sold my PS4 version for $35 so it evens out. Glad I waited to finish this one, have a lot left and don't mind starting over.

Last edited:

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, so I have the Collectors edition for PS4, one that came with mask, cloth map, and artbook,etc. The added content should be free or only $9.99+TAXES for PS5 Iki stuff?
KRA KRA! "

"Nothing is certain except for death and taxes."

spronk

FPS noob
trailer for Iki Island expansion, looks like Jin is still the protag and the bad guy is magician strong female mongol

based on just RL maps its like 1/5th the size of Tsushima, so probably another 8-10 hour xpac

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This dropped in price to 30 bucks at Best Buy and Amazon.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, so I have the Collectors edition for PS4, one that came with mask, cloth map, and artbook,etc. The added content should be free or only $9.99+TAXES for PS5 Iki stuff?
KRA KRA! "

"Nothing is certain except for death and taxes."
Why do you always say kra! kra!, what does it mean?

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
It means he's consumed too many hallucinogens.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was going to fire this up on my ps4 pro, but now that I got a ps5 heading my way, I'll wait til it gets here. Hyped for more GoT.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
releases friday

I still haven't played this yet. I have a copy of the original edition in my drawer - should I try to grab a "Director's Cut Edition" now?!

"You're stupid, why haven't you played this yet!?" - My current ps4 is setup on my ultrawide monitor and not a TV currently, waiting until I move into my new place and the console will appropriately will be back on a 4k tv.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'm hearing it's incremental improvements to the original if you are just on PS4 and the new story area works best after the main quest. So you could probably wait on the Director's cut.

But by all means YES the game is absolutely worth playing.

spronk

FPS noob
if you have a PS5 you should only play the directors cut, just sell or give away the original and wait for a sale on black friday where it'll be $20 for the DC which includes an additional 8-10 hour DLC island but is also recompiled for PS5 which imo is always worth it.

if you're on a PS4 i dunno, it probably won't be that huge a difference

i plat'd the game on my PS5 a month or two ago but it was the PS4 edition, i'd rate the game a solid 7/10. Not an amazing game, not bad at all, but a bit way too long. Felt very much like a Ubisoft game done by a slightly stronger narrative and combat mechanics team, but the story itself is pretty dull imo after 8 hours. The settings, visuals, mechanics, etc are all fantastic though. I'd put it on the same tier as something like Mafia 3, GTA 4, most assassin creed or far cry games, etc. Definitely a step below God of War, HZD, Spider-Man, etc.

If you are REALLY into japanese samurai culture, have watched all kurosawa movies, know the different kind of swords, etc then you will almost certainly love this game