Ghost of Tsushima

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Turned the PS4 on for the first time in months last night because I felt like playing a game but the wife was on the computer. Ended up picking this up because it was on sale.

I think I only played for about 45 minutes and got just past the part where you get your sword back at the beginning. Pretty godamn awesome so far. I know it's going to take me 2 fucking years to beat this at the rate I play, but I can already tell that the story is interesting enough that I'm not going to forget the plot between sessions like most games I play.
You’ll love it. It gets even better aftter first act. Also, what kind of home only has 1 pc ???

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I only played a few hours of this on my PS4 when it came out. Now I've started to really play on my PS5, and man I'm glad I waited. Retroactively, 2020 game of the year for me.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You’ll love it. It gets even better aftter first act. Also, what kind of home only has 1 pc ???
I haven't had a pc at home for the last 4 or 5 years, up until a few months ago. It's been fucking glorious.

I guess I had my work laptop that I only used for flying one specific drone, but I never touched it except to start a laser engraving.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
sounds like a new xpac will be coming later this year, single player campaign similar to Miles Morales for PS4 and PS5. New hero, I assume a new island "Ikishima"

Probably also means Ghosts 2 is 2023.

I plat'd the game a month or so ago, I enjoyed it but didn't love it. Felt pretty cliche and flat, combat was really fun though.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I love the hell out of this game but I've avoided playing beyond the first chapter for a while now because I don't want to ruin it for myself. Hard to explain, but I haven't enjoyed most of the things I've played in 2021 due to my own mental probs (read: due to politics).

I really want this to be a GOTY for me, if I can get to a better mental place for it. There are a few things I'm holding off on for this same reason, like God of War 2018 and Dark Souls 3.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love the hell out of this game but I've avoided playing beyond the first chapter for a while now because I don't want to ruin it for myself. Hard to explain, but I haven't enjoyed most of the things I've played in 2021 due to my own mental probs (read: due to politics).

I really want this to be a GOTY for me, if I can get to a better mental place for it. There are a few things I'm holding off on for this same reason, like God of War 2018 and Dark Souls 3.
the only politics in this game are from fuedal japan. i.e. at what point does "honor" actually stifle growth? also mongolians are evil.

it those two things don't bother you then you'll be fine

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
the only politics in this game are from fuedal japan. i.e. at what point does "honor" actually stifle growth? also mongolians are evil.

it those two things don't bother you then you'll be fine

I don't mean politics in games, I mean overall real-world events have killed my enthusiasm for things like hobbies in 2021. A bit of depression dashed with crippling anxiety has been the norm lately, and most of the games I've started in 2021 I didn't enjoy and gave up on quickly (even the really good ones). I don't want to do that to Ghost, but I also want to play it. Too bad there's no blue pill to pop.

• 2Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think that makes it a good candidate to play, then. There isn't anything that will remind you of modern day politics. It's just a world where you get to see beautiful landscapes and efficiently dispatch mongols with a katana.

• 2Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I think that makes it a good candidate to play, then. There isn't anything that will remind you of modern day politics. It's just a world where you get to see beautiful landscapes and efficiently dispatch mongols with a katana.
I wonder if there’s a mod that replaces mongols with joggers and blm bannermen.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to beating this. Phenomenal game.

That scene when your horse dies shook me, ngl.

• 2Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
that was the only emotional moment of the story for me tbh, i thought the game wasn't super immersive. i totally get into games where they craft a world and character and story and this game didn't ever really do that for me. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but its not even honestly top 30 games for me. I thought most of the characters were pretty uninteresting, but I guess they really wanted to emphasize that whole "some people refuse to change their ways" idea.

Pricing sucks on the directors cut but whattya expect. If you played the PS4 edition its $30 to upgrade to the PS5 version. It'll be $30 or cheaper by black friday for the whole thing. I'll play at some point since I plat'd the PS4 version I can just import it, get another plat, and clear the new island but no rush to do that. Judgment 2 is out around the same time and I think thats gonna be far more fun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a full month between GoT PS5 and Lost Judgment though, plenty of time even if you never played it at all before. Only having 10 days between Tales of Arise and Lost Judgment is what really sucks. Definitely not paying $30 to upgrade GoT though, that'll be a GameFly for sure. Bit apprehensive about another game ruined by retarded "haptic" gimmicks too, that better be an option you can shut off.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has there been any info on the size of Iki island compared to Tsushima? I imagine its going to smaller, but if its about the size of Act 2 in GoT itself, that would be pretty cool.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
This game is amazeballz. Easily top 3 of all time for me. I am biased with loving all things feudal Japan and samurai so the setting for the game was perfect for me. But man they nailed alot of the aspects of the game play experience.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
How hard is this game mechanically?

I'm ok at dark souls, but anything which requires split-second button sequence mashing isn't my thing.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
nowhere near Dark Souls style, its more Batman Arkham or some Ubisoft games in countering. There is some timing when you Standoff enemies but its really just holding L2 (or R2? i forget) and pressing triangle when you see the enemies feet move, and its pretty generous. There is a TON of variety with bombs, archery, stealth, etc.

I'd say this is more like Assassins Creed or Far Cry as far as combat difficulty goes. Nowhere near Dark Souls, Bloodborne, etc.

It sounds like the DLC won't really be that big, I'd guess 6-10 hours similar to Miles Morales. Someone posted maps of Tsushima (top) and Iki (south right corner), its smaller than just the first island of GoT.

74a71c659fa13289f7a20b65ece74c43.png

• 1Like