Ghost of Tsushima

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
The Collectors Edition looks pretty nice, $170 though, but might be worth it. I have never really not enjoyed a SuckerPunch produced game either.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Info dump the other day.

F0EE2932-BB4D-4376-9461-A0172A7A8F36.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm considering waiting to play this until a PS5 can be had. I really want to play it but I'm fairly sure a PS4 is gonna be taxed to hell and back running the game, maybe not but I think I'll at a minimum take a wait and see approach.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm considering waiting to play this until a PS5 can be had. I really want to play it but I'm fairly sure a PS4 is gonna be taxed to hell and back running the game, maybe not but I think I'll at a minimum take a wait and see approach.

I don’t want to wait but I’m in the same boat. I would probably go ahead and get it early if I had a pro, but I don’t.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The other thing that bothers me, unless I missed it somewhere, is you buy for PS4 now will it play on PS5 without a double dipping.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hope this doesn't have a lot of quicktime events. I hate them.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The other thing that bothers me, unless I missed it somewhere, is you buy for PS4 now will it play on PS5 without a double dipping.
If it's played on PS5 via BC then there'd be no double dip. If there's a 'remaster' like they did with TLoU from 3->4 then you'll have to pay.

I hope this doesn't have a lot of quicktime events. I hate them.
If there are QTEs, I'm at least glad that Sony first party games have fully embraced "accessibility" so the days of button-mashing QTEs are over and Sony insists on a setting for holding the button down instead. Pretty much the only good thing to come out of Sony America being overrun by SJWs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

I think only Xbox has announced that feature, but as they have, I wouldn't be surprised if Playstation does it as well. I hope they do. If not, and the PS5 does indeed release in December, I'll probably hold off on any console games in the later part of the year until it is released. As I have a PC, I don't see a need for a Xbox at all since they have said that any game on Xbox will be on windows as well, but I suspect next generation will be similar to this (and previous console cycles) that Playstation will feature very good exclusives not available on any other platform.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think only Xbox has announced that feature, but as they have, I wouldn't be surprised if Playstation does it as well. I hope they do. If not, and the PS5 does indeed release in December, I'll probably hold off on any console games in the later part of the year until it is released. As I have a PC, I don't see a need for a Xbox at all since they have said that any game on Xbox will be on windows as well, but I suspect next generation will be similar to this (and previous console cycles) that Playstation will feature very good exclusives not available on any other platform.
They have already said that PS5 will be BC with the vast majority of ps4 games. They are going through on a game by game basis to make sure nothing gets broken, but there’s almost zero chance that a big game like this isn’t going to be BC

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
They have already said that PS5 will be BC with the vast majority of ps4 games. They are going through on a game by game basis to make sure nothing gets broken, but there’s almost zero chance that a big game like this isn’t going to be BC

Yes, but the difference is that I believe the Xbox has said that if a game is made with updated code / whatever to make a next gen version, then you will be able to get that version for free if you own the last gen. Not talking about backwards compatibility, but the next gen versions of the same game. Like Cyberpunk, which releases in September, will have an updated version for the next gen consoles when they release. CDPR applauded Xbox when they said that if you have the last gen, then they will notice that in your library, and you will be able to download the next gen version for free. So basically the Xbox is "future proof" in terms of new releases coming out now, as even if they release a new version, that will be free.

I don't think Sony has confirmed anything like that. Backwards compatibility is not the same as a free next gen version of the game.

EDIT: They call it "smart delivery"

EA also announced that they will allow updates for the games to next gen for free.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yes, but the difference is that I believe the Xbox has said that if a game is made with updated code / whatever to make a next gen version, then you will be able to get that version for free if you own the last gen. Not talking about backwards compatability, but the next gen versions of the same game. Like Cyberpunk, which releases in September, will have an updated version for the next gen consoles when they release. CDPR applauded Xbox when they said that if you have the last gen, then they will notice that in your library, and you will be able to download the next gen version for free. So basically the Xbox is "future proof" in terms of new releases coming out now, as even if they release a new version, that will be free.

I don't think Sony has confirmed anything like that. Backwards compatability is not the same as a free next gen version of the game.
Well the question was will it play on PS5 or will it require double dipping, and the answer is that it will play on ps5.

And on the xbox thing, that’s not quite true. Each developer can choose to offer the xbone sex edition free of charge if they have the xbone version (Smart Delivery), but they do not have to do so. It’s good that they built in the capability to easily do this, and hopefully most devs use it but I’m sure not all will.

Like you said Sony hasn’t said anything about something like this so probably not going to be something at launch, but it is really a software thing so it could be added anytime.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is looking good. I can't wait, I hope the gameplay matches the visuals.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Im really not liking the combat. Deflect into quicktime execution bullet time.

Fucking yawn.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like it will be fun for an hour or two at least. I think Sucker Punch can pull it off to that point at bare minimum. The video looks good and sets a very nice "tone" to the game. But after the shiny wears off, I'm hoping there is something deeper to hook me.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh I'm really hoping the game is awesome. But from what we're being shown it looks like the game part is merely a way to move you from set piece to set piece.

Which I only tolerate in game and don't look forward to. As much as I love Sengoku Japan I can play Nioh and Sekiro for that and have much better gameplay. It better gave something more engaging than what I am seeing.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I'[m not as hyped as I thought I would be after that, still looks good.