Ghost of Tsushima

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I will say that I really like what they're doing in place of the usual 'fuck-tons of PoIs' design philosophy. Having smoke clouds, animals, and the wind guide you around rather than the usual compass or constantly checking your map is a nice touch.

And while I'm not personally likely to actually use it, gotta give them props for sticking a fucking Kurasawa filter into the game.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Godamn I was a salty bitch yesterday. Edited for coherency.

I'm still excited about this game but it did look more like AC than I was expecting. I was kind of thinking this was going to be more like an open-world non-supernatural Nioh game (and maybe I was thinking this because that would basically be a dream game for me). I wasn't thrilled about the cinematic parrying mode since, to me, that mechanically amounts to not much more than a QTE. The stealth options looked more interesting and fun but, again, very much like AC. It was aslo implied that you "start out" as a Samurai and gradually move towards less honorable means of combat as the story progresses. The environments certainly look pretty and they captured the sense of movement I've hard them talk about but I am finding the leave and blossom effects in these games a little distracting and overwrought. I play a lot of these games with no HUD elements whatsoever and much prefer environmental cues for exploration. It looks like they are striving to balance that out but I'm not sure they are there yet.

Anyway, still one to watch but less eager than I was previous to these reveals.

Like many, the Kurosawa-mode seems cool as hell but I doubt I would ever use it other than to show people how cool it is.

BTW - thanks to the person that gave me my salty reminder. Silly really - videogames are the only basically positive force in my life at this covid-point where I'd usually be out camping and hiking.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'd give my left nut for a full open-world Samurai game (get on it Rockstar!) but I am perfectly happy with AC: Samurai since I feel the genre is underrepresented.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yes, but the difference is that I believe the Xbox has said that if a game is made with updated code / whatever to make a next gen version, then you will be able to get that version for free if you own the last gen. Not talking about backwards compatibility, but the next gen versions of the same game. Like Cyberpunk, which releases in September, will have an updated version for the next gen consoles when they release. CDPR applauded Xbox when they said that if you have the last gen, then they will notice that in your library, and you will be able to download the next gen version for free. So basically the Xbox is "future proof" in terms of new releases coming out now, as even if they release a new version, that will be free.

I don't think Sony has confirmed anything like that. Backwards compatibility is not the same as a free next gen version of the game.

EDIT: They call it "smart delivery"

EA also announced that they will allow updates for the games to next gen for free.

What is the difference between what we have now? The same thinig happens now. Play a game on a PS4 its 1080p. Play the same game on PS Pro, it's 4k native or checkerboard or higher resolution. Same with Xbox One and Xbox One X. So what the heck is the difference? We didn't have to do it with Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, or any other multiude of games that run upgraded from their previous half step.

The fact this is even being touted about like it is new from manufactures pisses me off.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What is the difference between what we have now? The same thinig happens now. Play a game on a PS4 its 1080p. Play the same game on PS Pro, it's 4k native or checkerboard or higher resolution. Same with Xbox One and Xbox One X. So what the heck is the difference? We didn't have to do it with Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, or any other multiude of games that run upgraded from their previous half step.

The fact this is even being touted about like it is new from manufactures pisses me off.
Not really the same thing. They aren’t saying that the ps4 version will just play on PS5 or xbone on Xbox sex, that’s inherent with the backwards compatibility that they are claiming.

This is more “you purchase the Xbox version and you get a free upgrade to the xbone version”. Two different versions of the game all together. How much difference there will be playing a xbone game on the xsex console vs the actual xsex version is the question. Which depends on how much effort the devs put into creating better versions for the new consoles

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is actually out this week. That gameplay trailer REALLY killed the shit out of any desire I had to play it. But hopefully some people like it a lot I guess.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is actually out this week. That gameplay trailer REALLY killed the shit out of any desire I had to play it. But hopefully some people like it a lot I guess.

What didn’t you like?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What didn’t you like?

Bland ass Ubisoft open world gameplay from the looks of it. Quick time execution-focused combat. That just bores me when I've fairly recently played Sekiro and Nioh. Can't do it.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I want to like this game because I am a huge fan of the developer... but its just not my cup of tea. I want this to be an abject failure (on some level) so they go make more Infamous. Also isnt Sucker Punch a bunch of hipster white dudes in WA state? They gonna get canceled for cultural appropriation?

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is probably going to suck, but I'm such a fucking sucker for anything even slightly related to Japanese/Samurai lore/settings.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm tempted to pull the trigger, on the other hand feeling the same as TJT TJT . Might just wait for PS5 or even PC

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

tlou2 has put me off of any us based developer... i'm still recovering

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm waiting some user reviews for this one, but I'm interested.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
also that launch trailer is disgusting, white ppl, stop doing asian voices...

here is jap lauanch

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't pre-ordered yet, waiting for the review embargo to lift tomorrow before doing so. I'm super excited for this, yes it looks like Assassin's Creed: Japan, but as someone who put over 80+ hours in AC:Origins and over 180+ in AC:Odyssey, that is not something that I see as a negative. The setting is great, I've always been a fan of samurai movies.

I hope it's good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
i expect 83/100, not enough trannies and lesbians to be a 10/10 game

have it preordered as well (physical from best buy right before my GCU died), since review sites are pretty much garbage i guess i'll just have to wait for streamers to play it. the only physical PS4 game i will have right now lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks cool to me. I haven't played any AC after the first one so not really sure what to expect. Either way, will wait for reviews to see if I play it. Friend pre-ordered it so I'll play his copy when he's done if it's good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't pre-ordered yet, waiting for the review embargo to lift tomorrow before doing so. I'm super excited for this, yes it looks like Assassin's Creed: Japan, but as someone who put over 80+ hours in AC:Origins and over 180+ in AC:Odyssey, that is not something that I see as a negative. The setting is great, I've always been a fan of samurai movies.

I hope it's good.
actually if they say it's exactly asscreed: japan w/o the gay hiden blade... dual hidden blade...hidden GUN!!! then it's a must buy

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hmmm
56de7799035e3fa5e003266a9334ad2b.png

• 1Worf