Ghost of Tsushima

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
This is not the type of gameplay I expected from this game. Damn. What the heck

world looks cool, game looks beautiful. Will definitely watch some streams to see how it is, might give it a shot anyway. Was thinking it was going to be Soulslike ish combat for some reason.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reviews are out today at 9 central.

9.5 on destructoid

I was waiting for reviews to pre-order since my piece of shit PS4 Pro has trouble reading discs, I'll go digital (so I can't get rid of it after I'm done). Looks like I'm pre-ordering/loading!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fuck. Yes.

Definitely picking this up - will hopefully be a great sendoff for my PS4 Pro. Haven't played a video game in what feels like forever, busy with kids, guitars, pool season but excited to get into this over the weekend.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
More like Samurai Redemption: Japanese Horse Riding Simulator.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finished the review so I guess it's kind of what I expected. Extremely pretty aesthetic. But bland gameplay. Skillup defines it as, "medium" which sounds like its just an enjoyable experience overall. If a bit uninteresting. The variety of skill unlocks and items you get keep it fresh.

Maybe I'll get bored in a while and try it but like RDR2... just not my cup of tea.

Definitely really pretty though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Looks I might have weekend plans now. Though I've been really enjoying Astral Chain.

spronk

FPS noob
84/100 so far out of 55 reviews, a lot better than i'd expected
84/100 so far Ghost of Tsushima

so far a few usual "This game is problematic because white people are culturally appropriating Japanese culture" bullshit

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
84/100 so far out of 55 reviews, a lot better than i'd expected
84/100 so far Ghost of Tsushima

so far a few usual "This game is problematic because white people are culturally appropriating Japanese culture" bullshit

arent the japanese appropriating white culture with mario? both sides are guilty!!!!!!

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So my two favorite reviewers loved the game, ACG/Skill Up. Easy purchase here. Meanwhile, all the 7's and 8's are coming from people that loved TLOU2 (IGN, Gamespot, etc). Lulz.

Saw that you could do the entire game in Japanese with English subs and that is definitely how I'll be playing it this weekend.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Watched a few reviews, and it seems that the game is generally pretty good.

Combat seems good, with stances being really useful against specific enemies.

Stealth seems to be an issue since the enemy AI not great, so stealth is very powerful.

Story seems good, and some side missions seems to be really good.

For the rest, it seems it's a typical open world game.

I'll be pre-ordering it which was honestly pretty much a given. I just love open world games like AC, Horizons, Death Stranding, Witcher etc...as long as the gameplay is good, and setting interesting, I'm in for 100 hours exploring them.

My biggest issue is apparently the movement of the mouth is synced to the English track only, and doesn't sync up well with the Japanese one which I was thinking of playing...so might end up playing in English.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My biggest issue is apparently the movement of the mouth is synced to the English track only, and doesn't sync up well with the Japanese one which I was thinking of playing...so might end up playing in English.
it's like watching enter the dragon, the other way around
lulz wtf, timestamped mongol sounds like a cunty brit

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
How about don’t be a fucking weeb and just play it in English

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
These reviews are swaying me over to buy now.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well I'll tell you one thing: Do not read the Digital Trends review.

Ghost of Tsushima is one of the best games I’ve played this year — it might’ve been my favorite,if not for The Last Of Us Part II

I love Vorph Vorph 's reviewer - I tent to watch him now all the time - I also agree with him on other games.

Really looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i wonder if theyre still updating or this is the full list

so many unused buttons

bcaf0c0bde311b0b38e00b6231481ea8.png