Ghost of Tsushima

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does GoT handle Ps4 -> Ps5 save data? It seems with Marvels Avengers, the PS5 "upgrade" doesn't use the Ps4 save data because its a new version of the game, so nothing carries over (as far as I can tell).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
How does GoT handle Ps4 -> Ps5 save data? It seems with Marvels Avengers, the PS5 "upgrade" doesn't use the Ps4 save data because its a new version of the game, so nothing carries over (as far as I can tell).

For Marvel's Avenger you need to log in the PS4 version of the game and export to PS5 to get your save working with the PS5 version.

Ghost had an option to "Load PS4 saves" which shows all your save games and you select which one you want. Worked flawlessly for me.

spronk

FPS noob
Avengers requires you to run the PS4 version of the game, "upload" your save to their cloud, and then the PS5 version can import that save. It works, you just have to install and run the latest version of the PS4 version to do it. Ubisoft games do something similar, as does Tony Hawk 1+2, Final Fantasy 7 Remaster, and many other games.

Ghost of Tsushima uses a newer system Sony released in the last few weeks, it can read your PS4 save from your console or from the cloud, and auto import it. Its clean, and it just took Sony almost a year to let devs do it. Only 2-3 games do that right now but II'd expect more to support it. You might need the latest PS5 firmware to do it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
44 hours in, and I just need to complete the last objective for Act 2 along with what is left of the side stuff. Game is so awesome. My only complaint so far is Hard isn't hard. I'm glad I didn't go with normal.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally finished the game, and it was amazing. The DLC story though is pretty dumb, and I'm very uninterested in it. It's a struggle to play it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I went back and played this over the past couple of weeks. It didn’t hook me within the first few hours, but it wasn’t unenjoyable. I ended up really liking the story, but I was very ready to move on to another game by the time I finished the platinum.

I’d heard nothing but good things about the Legends mode so I checked that out yesterday for the first time. What a legit shocker that game mode turned out to be. I’m loving it. It doesn’t have super long legs by any means but it definitely scratches an itch I didn’t know I had.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I went back and played this over the past couple of weeks. It didn’t hook me within the first few hours, but it wasn’t unenjoyable. I ended up really liking the story, but I was very ready to move on to another game by the time I finished the platinum.

I’d heard nothing but good things about the Legends mode so I checked that out yesterday for the first time. What a legit shocker that game mode turned out to be. I’m loving it. It doesn’t have super long legs by any means but it definitely scratches an itch I didn’t know I had.

I'll probably play Legends alongside the main game as a diversion whenever I get on the PS5 version of this. It'll make it even more of a big time commitment but that's okay.

How hard is the platinum to get? Anything terribly missable to worry about or is it a pretty smooth sailing kind of thing where you just collect stuff at the end?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably play Legends alongside the main game as a diversion whenever I get on the PS5 version of this. It'll make it even more of a big time commitment but that's okay.

How hard is the platinum to get? Anything terribly missable to worry about or is it a pretty smooth sailing kind of thing where you just collect stuff at the end?
My understanding is nothing is missable for the platinum. You also don’t need 100% of collectibles, but you do need to 100% the quests, charms, and stats. That’s much easier after you liberate all the mongol controlled areas as it removes the fog. There’s also no difficulty requirement.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
For some dumb reason I never played this when it came out, picked up the Director's Cut on sale for PS5 and damn. It's really good. Playing on lethal mode is a blast so far, and the game is amazing to look at, but I wish it was just a bit smaller. Just seems like there's too much content and I feel like I'll be sick of it well before the end if I platinum this.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For some dumb reason I never played this when it came out, picked up the Director's Cut on sale for PS5 and damn. It's really good. Playing on lethal mode is a blast so far, and the game is amazing to look at, but I wish it was just a bit smaller. Just seems like there's too much content and I feel like I'll be sick of it well before the end if I platinum this.
I found the first 2 zones to perfect, with the second just cementing my love for the game, but the 3rd zone was something of a drag.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally playing this after several attempts over the years. Having a tough time getting into any particular game lately since I finished the FF Pixel Remasters. It was either this or the next CRPG (prolly Neverwinter Nights) and a friend of mine who lives very nearby is playing this so I figured it was time. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting into this just like I am with everything else.

Mostly just wandering around fighting random mongols and getting stat upgrades every so often. I want to fight more mongol leaders and liberate more areas but I don't know where to go and up to now I just kind of accidentally found a bunch of them. Feeling a bit aimless. I wish there was a compass in the UI because I have to flip back and forth to the map to get pointed in the right direction and it's like...why?

This feels like I should like it as much as I liked Elden Ring, but I'm not finding the world as interesting.

Any suggestions? Should I go straight for the main story objectives or keep roaming around looking for shit to do? I need some kind of hook to work towards.

PS5 Director's Cut version so the DLC is included and I'm guessing that'll unlock at some point. I'll prolly do it early for the change of scenery rather than at the end, given how many people have talked about being burned out towards the end. Not sure if I'm going for the platinum for the same reason but we'll see.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I wish there was a compass in the UI because I have to flip back and forth to the map to get pointed in the right direction and it's like...why?

You're doing it wrong. Use the blowing of the wind to guide you to points of interest. Wander around, but do the story quests. While it is an open world, it is much more story driven than Elden Ring.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
To add to that: swipe up on the big touchpad in the middle to force the wind to blow in the direction of whatever waypoint you have marked on your map. Also, you can just wander and will eventually hear a bird chirp. Follow the yellow bird and it will (usually) lead you to whatever point of interest might be nearby. Helps with the immersion--there's even lore reasons for the wind and bird as well.

If you wanted to focus on progression, I'd try to do most of the camps you can find in the first chapter of the game for crafting upgrade mats for your sword/armor. Once you advance the main quest to the next part of the island, the remaining camps will appear. Clear them all and the map for that part of the island is totally revealed. You can also use Traveler's Gear to seek out specific locations. I think I did that for fox dens and grabbed all the charms I could.

DLC opens up partway through the 2nd chapter. I don't know how hard it is in a fresh playthrough since I played it on NG+ but there are a couple gameplay additions and one of the best charms in the game that make it worth it.

Generally speaking, it was a pretty fun and easy plat that didn't drag for me because of the immersion and the fact that the game seems to respect your time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
As far as the DLC goes, it becomes available one the 2nd area opens up. Once you go there, you are stuck there until you complete it. I would honestly wait until after you complete the main game.

Make sure to pet some foxes.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
As far as the DLC goes, it becomes available one the 2nd area opens up. Once you go there, you are stuck there until you complete it. I would honestly wait until after you complete the main game.

Make sure to pet some foxes.

I've seen a few foxes and wasn't sure how to interact with them. No prompt to pet them appeared or anything, they'd just run out and scamper off.

Being stuck on Ikishima Island until it's done is pretty iffy, wonder why they did it that way.

To add to that: swipe up on the big touchpad in the middle to force the wind to blow in the direction of whatever waypoint you have marked on your map. Also, you can just wander and will eventually hear a bird chirp. Follow the yellow bird and it will (usually) lead you to whatever point of interest might be nearby. Helps with the immersion--there's even lore reasons for the wind and bird as well.

If you wanted to focus on progression, I'd try to do most of the camps you can find in the first chapter of the game for crafting upgrade mats for your sword/armor. Once you advance the main quest to the next part of the island, the remaining camps will appear. Clear them all and the map for that part of the island is totally revealed. You can also use Traveler's Gear to seek out specific locations. I think I did that for fox dens and grabbed all the charms I could.

DLC opens up partway through the 2nd chapter. I don't know how hard it is in a fresh playthrough since I played it on NG+ but there are a couple gameplay additions and one of the best charms in the game that make it worth it.

Generally speaking, it was a pretty fun and easy plat that didn't drag for me because of the immersion and the fact that the game seems to respect your time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

So that's what the yellow bird is all about, that's pretty cool. I saw it a few times and thought it was probably significant.

I've got a bunch of camps cleared out and a lot of upgrades unlocked, but now I can't find any more camps. I'll advance the main quests and hopefully that does it.

Game is very good, me not getting too into it yet is purely a me problem.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've seen a few foxes and wasn't sure how to interact with them. No prompt to pet them appeared or anything, they'd just run out and scamper off.

Follow the foxes. One of the principles of this game is for the world to guide you places, not the UI.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Once you upgrade enough and can just start cutting through entire camps untouched is one of the most fun experiences in recent memory.

The story goes one about one act too long though and the DLC plot is pretty dumb.

“ahhh. It’s the mongols again but this time it’s a lady!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Once you upgrade enough and can just start cutting through entire camps untouched is one of the most fun experiences in recent memory.

The story goes one about one act too long though and the DLC plot is pretty dumb.

“ahhh. It’s the mongols again but this time it’s a lady!

Oh yeah, where the hell ARE all the ladies in this game? It's a full-on sausage fest. Seen a few on the Japan side but hardly any compared to the multitude of dudes running around.

Mongol side is 100% dudes so far in the main game. It IS an invading army but I'm still surprised not to see any historically inaccurate "representation" in the Mongol hordes.

Also this game makes me really despise The Mongols. A force so oppressive and nasty that for once China and Japan were on the same side of a debate.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
This was an amazing game that I would never have considered playing if I hadn’t read this thread. Thanks, forum bros. That ending… I haven’t been hit that hard since RDR1.

I enjoyed the DLC. Seemed like a solid backstory and they took some of the main island mechanics to a higher level.

• 2Like