Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have plenty of complaints about Breakpoint and I'm glad it's getting savaged for the MTX and AI in particular, but that's absurd. Anthem is pure unadulterated garbage that's practically abandoned at this point. Whatever Ubi's faults may be, at least you can be sure they will attempt to polish the game post release. Just have to hope they polish it like Div 1 and Wildlands, not Div 2 and AC: Odyssey.

Breakpoint really just needs 4 things to be a good game: actual AI that isn't zombie-shooter tier, NPC companion Ghosts like in Wildlands, a completely revamped gunsmith designed by someone who actually has real world knowledge of firearms, and an offline mode for people playing solo. Today's server outage that rendered the game completely unplayable was inexcusable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Some tips since I've played a fairly ridiculous amount of Breakpoint this week, due to combination of being sick and having just built a new PC that I wanted to stress test with something:

1. I definitely recommend going with the Uplay+ version if you get it for PC. Ultimate comes with a couple handy DLCs, most notably you get the small no-gun 6-man helicopter which saves you about 40k Skell bucks. Plus you're only out $15 if you hate it, and can go find something else to play instead for the rest of the month.

2. As of right now, dismantling armor produces parts which have no use. I sell most of my armor, but I'm concerned they'll "fix" the problem is make it used for something, so I do break down some of it. Especially whites and green which aren't worth much.

3. Similarly, there's an issue with weapon upgrading. You need to break down every single weapon and never sell any of them. And most importantly, save a loadout with low gear score whites/greens, because otherwise there is no way to efficiently farm the most basic mats you need for Mk1 upgrades. I didn't do this so now I'm stuck farming parts slowly or just upgrading a handful of guns.

4. If you want to know the 'best' guns that are worth upgrading, imo -- ASR - VHS-D2, SMG - Scorpion EVO3 CQC (Panther R10), STG - RU12SG, DMR - G28 Scout | Wolves (Seasonal track, but only rank 3 iirc), SNR - TAC-50. I don't use LMGs or pistols enough to bother ranking.

5. For class, I strongly recommend doing Panther first. It's easy to rank up, and it gives one of the best guns in the game at rank 10. Medic gun is supposedly good too. Assault and Sharpshooter guns are trash. There's a bug I ran into 3 times so far where a particular challenge gets stuck and refuses to complete no matter how many enemies I killed. I was able to fix it each time by closing and relaunching the game.

6. When you get around to buying a helicopter, it's probably best to get the basic looking one with Mk. II rockets (Mk. II is apparently code for "infinite ammo"). I find the more 'advanced' choppers to be useless, same with the machine guns on any of them.

7. Make sure to do faction stuff (green missions). Cap is only 400 a day which you'll hit even before finishing the daily missions, let alone the main questline ones for the whole season. Rewards are mostly cosmetic, but there's some gun BPs and vehicles in there too which are nice.

8. For skills, one of the best is the thing that increases the drone's marking ability. Range and speed and the night/thermal vision upgrades help too. You can mark a camp super fast that way, as well as fly it up high and spin in a circle to unlock all the ?'s in the region. You can even unlock the next bivouac that way and use it to fast travel without flying there first.

9. Also be aware that a large chunk of the things you buy with skill points are perks and you can only equip 3 of them at a time. So don't waste a ton of points on them when you can't even use them all; buy lots of passives instead. Night vision is terrible in this game as well, it's one of the very last things I bought because it serves no purpose.

10. For gear/guns don't get attached to anything while leveling. Even if it has +xp on it, you should still replace old items with anything new that drops higher gear score so that you can level that up as fast as possible. You'll hit level 30 long before the story is over regardless, and there doesn't appear to be any use for XP at max rank (no Division rank-up crates or anything like that). You won't be anywhere near GS200 though. Anytime I checked the shop and saw an upgrade around +7 over what I had equipped, I bought it, sometimes a bit lower if it was a model of gun I like. Don't waste money trying to get a particular roll though, just take whatever it gives you.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

Studio Update –

We have seen a lot of discussion on our in-game purchasable content and wish to address it for our players.

Overall Philosophy

With Ghost Recon Breakpoint, we always aimed at offering a fair and rewarding experience to our players however they want to experience our game, in solo, co-op, PvE or PvP.

From the beginning, two key factors stood out as extremely important for the team.
  1. That Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint doesn’t include any pay-to-win elements.
  2. To make sure that players not choosing to engage with in-game purchases do not see their experience affected. Players will be able to unlock skills and get access to plenty of varied loot & items by simply playing the game.

Time Savers

We are aware that during the Early Access of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint on October 1st, some Time-Savers items (Skill Point bundles, XP Boosters, parts bundles for advanced weapon upgrades) were available for purchase for a few hours in our Store but this was not our intention and was an error on our behalf.

These items were designed as an optional way for players arriving later to the game (Post-Launch) to catch up with those who have been playing for longer and enjoy our co-op and challenging end-game experiences. These Time-Savers have since been removed from our Store for now.

Time-Savers were not designed to grant any advantage over players choosing not to use them. Additionally, Ghost War PVP has been carefully balanced to ensure that no matter your experience as a player, no one has a critical advantage based on their progression.

Live Game Updates

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a live game and will grow over time as we listen to players’ feedback. We will continue to evaluate the game’s performance and provide updates on all aspects of our game (including balancing, RPG elements, Dev Q&As etc.) on a regular basis that can be found here:

Ghost Recon Breakpoint News, Updates & Videos | Ubisoft (US)

We hope this clarifies any confusion caused and we thank you for taking the time to read this update. Please continue to share your feedback with us, we highly appreciate the time you take to share your experiences with our game.

Our team will be monitoring the game’s economy and balancing carefully.

From all of our studio, we wish you a great time in Auroa. See you there, Ghosts.

/The Ghost Recon Breakpoint Team

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok just came in from GameFly. Going to see how bad this is.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I have plenty of complaints about Breakpoint and I'm glad it's getting savaged for the MTX and AI in particular, but that's absurd. Anthem is pure unadulterated garbage that's practically abandoned at this point. Whatever Ubi's faults may be, at least you can be sure they will attempt to polish the game post release. Just have to hope they polish it like Div 1 and Wildlands, not Div 2 and AC: Odyssey.

Breakpoint really just needs 4 things to be a good game: actual AI that isn't zombie-shooter tier, NPC companion Ghosts like in Wildlands, a completely revamped gunsmith designed by someone who actually has real world knowledge of firearms, and an offline mode for people playing solo. Today's server outage that rendered the game completely unplayable was inexcusable.
I liked Wildlands and thought I'd give this a shot. I didn't read anything about the game cuz time and life. When I saw it was part of Uplay+ I signed up immediately and started playing. When I started I figured , hey they made a story of this and you have to rescue your NPC teammates so you don't get them from the start. Played about an hour and still no teammates. Then I searched and saw it's single player only unless you co-op and there isn't an offline play. Yep fuck that , uninstalled and unsubscribed from Uplay+. At least I only paid $15 to find out it sucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Played about an hour and still no teammates. Then I searched and saw it's single player only unless you co-op and there isn't an offline play. Yep fuck that , uninstalled and unsubscribed from Uplay+. At least I only paid $15 to find out it sucks.

Yeah you don't get ai team mates, other than real players, they said it may come later on though. But you can use the syncshot drone item for the group kills, supposedly they drop from enemies, but also bought from the store for credits. How to use sync shot with the drone in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Guide

Vorph

It's Wildlands' pre-nerf syncshot, so the limitation of only being able to carry 7 of them is pretty fair. Instant target acquisition even if they're 400m away, no LOS restrictions if they're inside a building, etc. Also, it kills heavy armor dudes with one shot. Using it to take out helicopter pilots is kind of amusing too.

If you ever get the bug where the drone fails to target and then you can't interact with anything, just unequip the syncshot drone in your loadout and it will fix the bug without having to close the game.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Picked this up on the holiday sale for $18.
I unashamedly loved Wildlands from day 1, and it got better over time.

Seems like they fixed a lot of stuff so far in this but I can’t fucking get the feel for it. I wanna love this game too but the camera and angles seem clunky, movement seems slow and like I’m a walking on a waterbed or something, and driving is still absolute dog shit, somehow worse than in Wildlands for me.
I don’t understand how you make a well received game and decide to improve upon it in a million ways in a sequel but decide to change some foundational gameplay cores like movement and controller scheme reassignment while also not improving vehicle stuff. Ugggghh.

The options are amazingly in depth but I have to play shooters with L1/R1 instead of triggers and that one decision alone made me have to spend 45 mins reassigning and figuring out a million things because Class Technique is L1+R1 by default but somehow I cannot make it L2+R2. Shit like this blows my mind. It honestly has one of the most advanced options menus in recent history and I cannot do simple shit.

That being said, I got the controls to a tolerable place but it’s difficult to get used to. A lot of things seem better or just as good, essentially exactly what I’d expect from a GR sequel. Guns seem good, heard some complaints about the Gunsmith system but I don’t really know if I’ve gotten far enough to say anything on that. It does it’s job and lets me customize my weapons so far. Items and gear and cosmetics are all well done and allow for a good amount of variables and stuff. World seems huge at this point and is definitely fun to explore and shoot stuff. Gonna try to get used to it all and give it a shot and see if the movement and stuff feels more normal to me over time otherwise I’m trashing it, sadly. Not a bad gamble for $20 though.
I would say if you like the way the game plays and had some issues with bugs or whatever before, maybe try it again.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They are doing a free week / sale on this and so I decided to try it out. I'm actually finding it quite enjoyable so far and the co-op functions are top notch for playing with your buddies. No idea how much has been changed since launch until now but I'm enjoying this more than the Division.

Vorph

It's better now than it was at release if you turn off all the stupid shit they crammed into it to turn Ghost Recon into generic_ubisoft_game_template47. Gunsmith is a lot better now too, though still inferior to the older games including Wildlands. I see they finally added AI teammates, but I hope they aren't as retarded as the enemy AI that will literally walk single file into a doorway or staircase to be gunned down one after another. Dumb shit like raids don't belong in a GR game either, but they're still a thing and they still gatekeep content even if it is just cosmetic (and they are some of the best ones of course). Biggest problem is that the story just isn't very good, has weird pacing especially if you kill Jon Bernthal like 20 hours before you're supposed to, and the side content is ungodly repetitive. Last time I played the ridiculous mud system was still a thing too, along with being a highly trained operator who can't even jog down a 30 degree slope without falling and rolling to the bottom like an idiot (and even dying a good chunk of the time).