Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not buying but it's the only thing in my Gamefly queue that will ship until Outer Worlds comes out. Death Stranding after thatm and Jedi Fallen order after that.

Will be a good solid rental winter :)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not buying but it's the only thing in my Gamefly queue that will ship until Outer Worlds comes out. Death Stranding after thatm and Jedi Fallen order after that.

Will be a good solid rental winter :)

Outer Worlds is the only game I’m really looking forward too.

Probably GameFly call of duty if you and Xexx Xexx wanna play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Outer Worlds is on Game Pass so that's a no brainer to just get for PC.

LOL @ 14:57! Hahaha.
Yeah, the AI in GRB is the worst I've seen in a long time. The best way to clear camps is to sneak into a building inside a camp (so you don't get instantly killed by the omniscient mortar bots), then pull out a LMG and make a whole lot of noise. The whole camp will run inside single file and get mowed down as you sit in a stairwell or other choke point.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lol I should make some videos when this comes in the mail.

spronk

FPS noob
if you buy call of duty you should buy it on PS4, it gets a year long exclusive for a specific game mode and PS4 generally has the largest and widest skill (ie noobs like me) player base

and yeah outer world is on game pass, jedi fallen order should be good and who the fuck knows whats going on with death stranding. Its the only collectors edition of a game i have ordered in 2 years, cuz i want that baby

6eancy54p8131[1].jpg

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Outer Worlds is on Game Pass so that's a no brainer to just get for PC.

Yeah, the AI in GRB is the worst I've seen in a long time. The best way to clear camps is to sneak into a building inside a camp (so you don't get instantly killed by the omniscient mortar bots), then pull out a LMG and make a whole lot of noise. The whole camp will run inside single file and get mowed down as you sit in a stairwell or other choke point.
Yeah just got to town and the ai is retarded. I just sat back and sniped everyone while they were like huh?!?! I would get off 3 headshots before anyone even moved for cover. SO it seems like this is just assassins creed with a new age military skin. Driving in this game is crap on pc.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah just got to town and the ai is retarded. I just sat back and sniped everyone while they were like huh?!?! I would get off 3 headshots before anyone even moved for cover. SO it seems like this is just assassins creed with a new age military skin. Driving in this game is crap on pc.

After sniping the place up I wish the drone could collect my loot. A couple hours in, really liking this.

spronk

FPS noob
game is already $50 at best buy 2 days before release, and if you pre order you get $10 rewards cash. With GCU its $40 - $10, craaaazy. This is gonna be $20 on black friday

i have recon on my PC but never really played it, some day i'll do that first i guess

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lol @ price drop to 49 across all retail outlets it seems (Checked Amazon and a few others) and the thing hasn't even launched. Don't see that much. Could mean a few things: Pre-Order sales suck because people were not happy with the beta. Pre-order sales suck because people are leveraging Ubisoft's service (Although this is also effecting consoles) or a mix of both.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm a subscription whore. It's on the shortest leash though because I already own so much of their library.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah only reason I'm playing is because of uplay+. I would have never bought this but it is fun trying to get heads shots for some reason.

sukik

Looks like this is horribly monetized. Bummer, I liked the previous game, but this looks like a pass.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I'll care if it convinces me that I have to buy something - which he admits isn't sure it does. What I've seen so far is a sprawling sandbox with loot for me to hunt and missions for me to solve.

I'm sure he's enjoying the hate-clicks though.

Vorph

Most of it is warranted. While it's an exaggeration to say that it's as bad as SWBF2, it's true that every single facet of the game is set up--and in some cases exists solely--to be monetized. It's a $60/100/120/200 game that has a vast amount of [overpriced] mtx, including 'time savers' that are maybe not quite p2w but they're definitely pay to not play, with the mobile-game design philosophy of "let's see how annoying we can make something before people will pay us more money to avoid it".

And the game has Fortnite style reward tracks, because of course it does. For some reason the ranks aren't just limited by the number of daily quests available each day, but there's also a cap on the amount of points you can get per day. So yesterday I hit the cap of 400 and then the last 2-3 missions I did gave me nothing. And it goes without saying that there's a mtx for increasing the speed you unlock that stuff too.

I could almost ignore all that except maybe the Fortnite-esque shit which I think is the new 'lootbox' for predatory mtx game designers now that countries are starting to legislate against lootboxes, and the always online requirement (not because of the online part itself which is only annoying when the servers are shitting themselves, I just hate that fucking hub). Somewhere buried under all the shit is a decent game, but what really ruins it is the gutting of gunsmith and the overall bizarre weapon systems which seem like they were created by someone whose entire knowledge of guns comes from movies and other games. There's nonsensical restrictions everywhere, despite the fact that the game has maybe half of the total amount of mods that Wildlands did. Given that it's made by Ubi Paris I suppose it's actually possible they have no one who actually understands guns, but they did a respectable job with Wildlands, so....

The only other major issue I have is the AI. Normal dudes have the AI of a zombie shooter, and make you want to turn the difficulty all the way up so there's at least some challenge, and the fact that they still die to 1 headshot offsets it. That goes right out the window the first time you run across a drone and they are bullet sponges of the sort that even the Div 2 guys would be ashamed of. They do have weak points, but in my experience you can't repeatedly hit those spots. You get one hit, it does extra damage (read: if you're not using a Tac50 you're doing it wrong), and then you get free hits on it for a few seconds just like an emp grenade. Maybe it's fine with a group, but drones are just too damn tedious for solo players, especially since this game took away our AI ghosts until Ubi finally gets around to putting them back in a patch probably months down the road.

I'm playing it only because of Uplay+. I wouldn't pay for it, but somehow it's still entertaining enough to spend time on compared to post-loot-nerf BL3 and when I need a break from Souls-likes (Code Vein and Surge 2). And it's a pretty good real world benchmark for my new hardware. Whatever else I have to say about it, I can't deny that it's a great looking game with everything on Ultra, though I am somewhat disappointed that I can't get HDR to work right.

P.S. If you play the game on ultrawide, you should know that there's an option in HUD settings to make the UI elements move to the edges of the screen. It's retarded that the default keeps them in the middle, but at least you can fix it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So gamefly shipped on PS4 for this. I'll report back on how bad it is when I try it. But I have zero expectations.