Ghostbusters (2016)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
for comparison

VnxKIOA.jpg

I have no issue with the new one either.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
look at that 59 caddy and then look at that 80s econo shitbox caddy. thats like saying you have no issue with eating dog food over filet mignon.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
It makes absolutely no sense for them plot-wise to get a '59 Caddy though, in 1984 they got a 25 year old piece of shit car which needed massive rebuilding to become Ecto1. You can't even really find classic cars like that in piece of shit condition anymore, they either are in junkyards or they are totally renovated and in showroom condition.

That 1983 Cadillac is older to us than the original Ecto1 was to the original Ghostbusters. FEEL OLD.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Will say I'm not really digging the safety stripes though.
CJVfqFnUMAAlLme.jpg:medium
thats what she would look like after getting run over by the new ecto-1

It makes absolutely no sense for them plot-wise to get a '59 Caddy though, in 1984 they got a 25 year old piece of shit car which needed massive rebuilding to become Ecto1. You can't even really find classic cars like that in piece of shit condition anymore, they either are in junkyards or they are totally renovated and in showroom condition.

That 1983 Cadillac is older to us than the original Ecto1 was to the original Ghostbusters. FEEL OLD.
the 59 caddy (ambulance model) is an ionic car, thats why it works, using a terrible model year caddy doesnt work because its a terrible car, thats why they didnt use it in the original. the ghostbusters would have a cool vehicle. i rather they had just revamped an older model escalade and tricked it out. thats how you do it.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
the 59 caddy (ambulance model) is an ionic car, thats why it works, using a terrible model year caddy doesnt work because its a terrible car, thats why they didnt use it in the original. the ghostbusters would have a cool vehicle. i rather they had just revamped an older model escalade and tricked it out. thats how you do it.
Bitch are you retarded? You think staying true to the original ghostbusters is rolling an escalade?

Now that it's gotten the full astrocreep seal of disapproval I'm starting to think this movie might be amazing.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm really looking forward to never seeing this movie.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Old one is better but its hardly fucking critical to the film.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
They should have used this. Would have honored Harold Ramis and be a cool link to both films and something you cant get.

truckster.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bitch are you retarded? You think staying true to the original ghostbusters is rolling an escalade?

Now that it's gotten the full astrocreep seal of disapproval I'm starting to think this movie might be amazing.
pay attention, i rather they use the escalade over the shitbox caddy. them picking that crap car is a metaphor for how terrible this movie is going to be. when you cant even make the ghostbuster car look cool or even the uniform, then you need to give it up. i also look forward to skipping this movie.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
pay attention, i rather they use the escalade over the shitbox caddy. them picking that crap car is a metaphor for how terrible this movie is going to be. when you cant even make the ghostbuster car look cool or even the uniform, then you need to give it up. i also look forward to skipping this movie.
The 59 Cadillac hearse was not "ionic" the way you think it was when ghostbusters came out.

You are the one who needs to pay attention. The original ghostbusters bought a shitbox that Ray had to completely overhaul to make usable. How would the ghostbusters driving an Escalade fit in with that? The fact that you would suggest it is monumentally retarded.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The car was a joke in the original. It was a POS that needed new everything but it was cheep and Ray liked it. Now not knowing anything about these new characters, it just seems they are trying to be the same yet different. Should have went with a minivan or a pedovan and used it for a joke.

Pics so far are bleh.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The car was a joke in the original. It was a POS that needed new everything but it was cheep and Ray liked it. Now not knowing anything about these new characters, it just seems they are trying to be the same yet different. Should have went with a minivan or a pedovan and used it for a joke.
heh

2797.f.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
This thread has gotta be top 5 threads for defining the new generation of "cranky old farts". It's great. "WOMYN GHOSTBUSTERS! NO SIR!" "THE CAR LOOKS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME BUT ISN'T QUITE? NO SIR!" "HAROLD RAMIS'S DEAD CORPSE ISN'T WEEKEND AT BERNIES ACTING IN THIS? HOLLYWOOD RUINS EVERYTHING!"

You guuuuysssss!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The 59 Cadillac hearse was not "ionic" the way you think it was when ghostbusters came out.

You are the one who needs to pay attention. The original ghostbusters bought a shitbox that Ray had to completely overhaul to make usable. How would the ghostbusters driving an Escalade fit in with that? The fact that you would suggest it is monumentally retarded.
the original ecto was a classic in terrible condition, but it was always an iconic car. look, i dont give a fuck about escalades, but anything is better than that horrible 80s caddy. you cant polish a turd.