Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Zule? An esoteric eldrich androgynous horror and one of the most memorable antagonists of the 80s?

Honestly I preferred the white male janitor as the bad guy in Ghostbusters 2016, I really appreciated the commentary on current year America and Trump, not a lot of the media dared go there but white males really needed calling out.
you can see her climbing out of the fiery pit. maybe i'm mixed up. isnt Gozer the Staypuft Marshmallow Man?

they even have a Ghostbusters Clue
27ea284d5f04ae8da4001be665f27318.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rudd looks like he's mostly playing it straight. I'm cautiously optimistic he won't ruin the movie.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The androgynous little "girl", Egon knockoff is going to save everyone, because zhers are the best!

Chris

Potato del Grande
you can see her climbing out of the fiery pit. maybe i'm mixed up. isnt Gozer the Staypuft Marshmallow Man?

they even have a Ghostbusters Clue
27ea284d5f04ae8da4001be665f27318.jpg

Ah I meant to be sarcastic about Gozer.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It looks really good. I'll give it a shot opening night unless a new trailer drops that says that would be a bad decision.

Caliane

Reusing the same ghosts/god is a bit... eh... ok look, they built another deathstar.

makes a little sense with the logic of 'the architect cultist had some preliminary buildings elsewhere."

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What we need to do is get the people that edit trailers to make the movies. The trailer people clearly know what the fuck they are doing.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, it's a far easier task to make something look interesting in 2 minutes than to keep it interesting for 2 hours.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
^ True. Also, if you want a 2+ hour trailer just watch anything by Zack Snyder.

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I have a feeling it's going to be kids go discover everything, shit hits the fan, old crew comes in to save the day. At least that is what I think we can see from the trailer (Or I did)

Looks pretty sweet actually. I thought they would have fucked this up. (I mean it's only a trailer so there is still time) But looks good so far :)

If this is the story, I'll go see it multiple times just so Hollywood gets it through its thick fucking skull how to hand off a torch.

It boggles the mind that I watch Cobra Kai and how goofy, and dumb the writing is there, and think "god this is good". Not because its good, but because of how fucking BAD modern attempts to continue IPs are that even a bare minimum of competence like in that show like that was like water to someone dying of thirst. (Its like none of them realize most people WANT to feel connected to their history, they WANT to feel like the new is growing from the old, and is part of something bigger--the self absorption and nihilism of Hollywood just infects everything it touches usually)

So yeah, I'm hoping its a simple story of kids learning about the past, and then the past being the calvary--and both the kids/old guys save the day, and the torch gets passed.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's a two part episode of the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon that bridges the old and the new better than we get with massively expensive franchise reboots. Hell, the show itself is a sequel with a diverse group of young people and manages to not make each character a paragon of the box they check. If people can not fuck up what are not much more than toy delivery systems to children there's no excuse for proper productions to suck the root.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
There's a two part episode of the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon that bridges the old and the new better than we get with massively expensive franchise reboots. Hell, the show itself is a sequel with a diverse group of young people and manages to not make each character a paragon of the box they check. If people can not fuck up what are not much more than toy delivery systems to children there's no excuse for proper productions to suck the root.
Ghost busters PS3 game was fucking great from a story standpoint. Controls are dated but great story.

• 1Like