Ghostbusters : Afterlife

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
just because the movie looks good doesn't mean it jives with the original serious tone of the originals.

that same tone was promised in the teaser/pitch trailer for this project by the director.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
you can be a stan for this movie now in 2021-- but any smart dollars will sit out on principle.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i'm future proofing by spending $5000 on tickets for Ghostbusters Afterlife

• 2Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TIL that the originals were suppose to be serious and not a comedy..

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TIL that the originals were suppose to be serious and not a comedy..

There were comedic elements. Notwithstanding. The tone of the teaser pitch by the director didn't have any comedy in it.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard

Sevens

Log Wizard
The movie with the Stay Puft marshmallow man as a big baddie is suppose to be serious?
Are you fucking serious?
I mean you had 3 of the funniest movie actors at that time (Aykroyd, Murry and Moranis) and you think it was suppose to be serious film?
Just asking for a friend but
Are you retarded?
Also, we all know Ivan Reitman is known for his serious films and not comedies such as Stripes, Twins, Kindergarten cop etc etc.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think all of these types of movies from this group have essentially suffered from the lack of Harold Ramis. Dude was actually a really good comedy writer and director, often contributing to the same projects he acted in in those capacities. And 30 years without a GB movie is entirely because of the Ramis/Murray feud.

That having been said, this looks on the surface to be a step in the right direction. Tone is a little less cartoony than the first two (probably has more to do with modern era and being set out in the midwest vs 80s and NYC), but as long as it hits the bases I am fine with it. I won't even be mad if there is a ghost Egon cameo if its done well, but that is admittedly one hell of a gamble. Paul Rudd is a solid choice for this, because he never upstages the franchise or other actors.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The movie with the Stay Puft marshmallow man as a big baddie is suppose to be serious?
Are you fucking serious?
I mean you had 3 of the funniest movie actors at that time (Aykroyd, Murry and Moranis) and you think it was suppose to be serious film?
Just asking for a friend but
Are you retarded?
Also, we all know Ivan Reitman is known for his serious films and not comedies such as Stripes, Twins, Kindergarten cop etc etc.
Jayrebb is a entertainment moonbat. dude has chuck liddell like brain damage.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Jayrebb has some of the worst takes. I'm also pretty sure all his "industry knowledge" comes from reading the internet and managing his replica Blockbuster video store.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dry humor of Bill Murray and pals vs a Paul Rudd vehicle. Wonder what the difference is.

Sevens Sevens Come again.

That's just a derail-- as the director had not indicated that this was intended to be a Paul Rudd vehicle in the teaser pitch when he got the job.

• 1Garbage

Sevens

Log Wizard
Dry humor of Bill Murray and pals vs a Paul Rudd vehicle. Wonder what the difference is.

Sevens Sevens Come again.

That's just a derail-- as the director had not indicated that this was intended to be a Paul Rudd vehicle in the teaser pitch when he got the job.
From what I have seen this is more the kids than Rudd...more of a support character.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Grimm and Dark? Did you watch the first two Ghostbusters movies? This might be the wrong type of movie for you.

I'll go with dark comedy and allow it into the comedy category. A lot of unintentional humor, dry humor, dark humor.

None of that jives with the teaser pitch for this movie however.

• 1Garbage

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'll go with dark comedy and allow it into the comedy category. A lot of unintentional humor, dry humor, dark humor.

None of that jives with the teaser pitch for this movie however.

I'll grant you that I am sure they won't allow ghosts to give blowjobs or jokes about keymasters and gatekeepers since the world has gone full faggot but this at least has a better tone than the grill power shit.