Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reusing the same ghosts/god is a bit... eh... ok look, they built another deathstar.

makes a little sense with the logic of 'the architect cultist had some preliminary buildings elsewhere."

I just take that as them hooking the adults with nostalgia. Works for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

ghostbusters has been moved back a week, to give it a 2-3 week theatrical window with no competition. If Eternals is delayed (possible), it'll have even longer

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I didn't know this was being made till I saw a preview in the theater. My dick is pretty hard for this.

spronk

FPS noob
review embargo is over

currently sitting at 89% fresh on RT and 69/100 on metacritic.

movie doesn't release for another month in theaters, 11/19, so studio seems pretty confident in what they got. Unfortunately its a Sony movie so will be theatrical only, at least 45 days (probably longer) till VOD and stuff.

The movie ignores the 2016 shit reboot and only assumes Ghostbusters 1 & 2 as canon.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ghostbusters : Answer the Call is its own universe anyway. I think at the start of the film there's even some Ghost-Verse logo thing implying a possible cinematic universe back when people thought you could totally just start those and make billions.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We're getting closer and closer to the release date of this. I saw an advertisement again, and it made me curious. The commercial looks great... in a Star Trek reboot kind of way.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably late to the party but I find it both cool and encouraging that it's Ivan Reitman's son who is directing this.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Friend of mine saw it last month (they showed it to the people who went to the Ghostbusters panel at NYCC) he gave a non-spoilery very enthusiastic thumbs up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hopefully, no Egon ghost and hopefully not all fan service from the first two films. is that too much to hope for?

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Fucking misogynists.
1636035082321.png

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I know they’re using nostalgia to take my dollars. But I can’t help but hope between this and stuff like Mandalorian Season 2 that some of the creative folks are trying to say “we hear you” and make some sort of amends for shit like Ghostbusters 2016 and The Last Jedi. Maybe I need to be more cynical, but I need one slice of hope.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I know they’re using nostalgia to take my dollars. But I can’t help but hope between this and stuff like Mandalorian Season 2 that some of the creative folks are trying to say “we hear you” and make some sort of amends for shit like Ghostbusters 2016 and The Last Jedi. Maybe I need to be more cynical, but I need one slice of hope.
i mean if everyone liked GB2016 we wouldnt be getting a GB Fanservice movie. consumers voted with their wallets and the studio is overcompensating to get your money back. does that mean they care about fans? thats for you to decide, to me it just means they changed tactics. people asked for a GB3 or reboot for 30 years. they waited til after Ramis died so they could make a GB movie for the woke era. that doesnt tell me they cared about the fans. i just hope they dont commit the unforgivable sin of bringing a ghost Egon into this film.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was worried about Rudd overacting, but seems he's going to fit the tone and isn't overdoing it.

i'll watch, but won't financially support it because there is too much Rudd-factor and he's a known risk.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I was worried about Rudd overacting, but seems he's going to fit the tone and isn't overdoing it.

i'll watch, but won't financially support it because there is too much Rudd-factor and he's a known risk.

risk of what?