Ghostbusters : Afterlife

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I got more of a Gremlins 2 vibe than a baby yoda vibe.
yeah, thats pretty much the scene when they take over the bar and theater in Gremlins or the TV station in Gremlins 2. same sound effects.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cool, me and chuk can finally bond over our shared appreciation for Gremlins 2.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
supposedly a Gremlins 3 is in the works.

adam devine do not want GIF

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. I got the same vibes. gremlins 2, mini ash.. minions..

Ghostbusters worked when the ghosts were treated much more serious. Even slimer was not treated as a joke or cartoon itself immediately. Which is why the Stay puft man joke works. as ghosts WERE serious up to that point, and escalating, then staypuft man as the form of the ultimate destroyer.

this looks like cartoonish silliness for cartoonish silliness/toys sake.

also was a reason it looked like that. n ot jsut ghosts randomly possessing marshmellows, and changing them into the form of the mascot?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wasn't the teaser extremely grimdark and serious? The pitch teaser a few years ago.

They got everyone hyped up for this movie off of that, got the deal done, and now the rug is pulled apparently.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You guys will crucify me for this but I kinda want a lil Stay Puft now lol

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Do any of those Marshmallow guys give Paul Rudd a blowjob or what?

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don’t know, evil yet silly marshmallow burning each other alive at the stake doesn’t seem very baby yoda to me. Probably won’t work but watching one on fire slide down a poker like an uruk Hai was a little bananas.

reminds me of the satanist woodland critters on South Park

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Heh you know you’d be down for some S’mores right now.

I actually don't care for smores and can't remember the last time I had one.

My GF had to buy shit for them for the kids so they had a proper upbringing because I wasn't gonna!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don’t know, evil yet silly marshmallow burning each other alive at the stake doesn’t seem very baby yoda to me. Probably won’t work but watching one on fire slide down a poker like an uruk Hai was a little bananas.

reminds me of the satanist woodland critters on South Park

The baby yoda comparison is less about the characters themselves and more about what feels to be a transparent marketing decision made really late to get something cute and marketable in the film in response to a major pop culture trend. Does your IP have something that will spawn memes and sell action figures? No? ADD SOMETHING.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ghostbusters 2 had some silly ghosts. as long as the cast takes them seriously, its all good.

the pitch promised grimdark, and its clearly not. i think i might have to pass on it, as that wasn't the deal fans signed up for to support this film's creation.

they jerked people around if that teaser is any indication. they aint jerkin me. they can get jerked.

• 1Pathetic

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the pitch promised grimdark, and its clearly not. i think i might have to pass on it, as that wasn't the deal fans signed up for to support this film's creation.

they jerked people around if that teaser is any indication. they aint jerkin me. they can get jerked.
well shit, i was never under the impression this was going to be anything but a comedy, the original was a comedy. everyone played it straight when it came to the ghosts.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
well shit, i was never under the impression this was going to be anything but a comedy, the original was a comedy. everyone played it straight when it came to the ghosts.

Rudd's going to play it straight? Bill Murray is known for his expert deadpan serious comedy. If Rudd is doing the heavy lifting on the acting its going to be dopey.

Rudd can't play it straight with a fork up his ass.