Ghostbusters : Afterlife

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rudd's going to play it straight? Bill Murray is known for his expert deadpan serious comedy. If Rudd is doing the heavy lifting on the acting its going to be dopey.

Rudd can't play it straight with a fork up his ass.
this is about the kids, Egon's grandson or something. Rudd is likely the comic relief like Rick Moranis was in the first film.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rick was creepy and weird. This isn't going to have the same tone as the originals.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently, if you rearrange the letters of nostalgia it becomes disappointment.

Crushing, bitter, disillusioned, disappointment.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This can't be worse than the "cosplaying girls" ghostbusters. It's impossible.
it will be fine, i mean it could be a glorious trainwreck because i think Akroyd approves and he's mostly batshit crazy now, but i also think whatever it is will still be cool and much better than that 2016 mess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Cool, me and chuk can finally bond over our shared appreciation for Gremlins 2.
1617982206723.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it will be fine, i mean it could be a glorious trainwreck because i think Akroyd approves and he's mostly batshit crazy now, but i also think whatever it is will still be cool and much better than that 2016 mess.
I'm pretty sure akroyd has ALWAYS been crazy.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm pretty sure akroyd has ALWAYS been crazy.
yeah, he's out there, but i think he did a better job of keeping his crazy in check. now he embraces it. i respect that crazy part of him because its given us unique and interesting characters/movies.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, he's out there, but i think he did a better job of keeping his crazy in check. now he embraces it. i respect that crazy part of him because its given us unique and interesting characters/movies.
yeah, i wasn't meaning anything negative about it, actually. he's loony bins but he's not the dangerous kind, he's the entertaining kind.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think Nothing But Trouble is all the evidence we need for how crazy Aykroyd is and what happens when no one is there to reign him in.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

lol Nothing but Trouble. I always forget about that movie, then someone brings it up and all I can think about is the Bone Coaster killing those druggies

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think Nothing But Trouble is all the evidence we need for how crazy Aykroyd is and what happens when no one is there to reign him in.
that movie is horribly awesome. my dad bribed me to watch it because i told him it looked stupid, it turned out to be hilarious, maybe not the parts that were supposed to be funny, but it put a smile on my face. then you have Dr Detroit where he goes completely off his shit. then there is Loose Cannons where Akroyd is again playing a nutter. his IMDB is worth looking into for fun roles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can't help but feel the tone is all wrong in the stay puft teaser. The original was horror or at least played straight when comedy to relieve tension.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
lol Nothing but Trouble. I always forget about that movie, then someone brings it up and all I can think about is the Bone Coaster killing those druggies

Mr Bone stripper needs to be deployed to Portland

Between that, Dan Akroyds Penis Nose, the giant retard mutant babies in the junkyard, that movie is fucked

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I can't help but feel the tone is all wrong in the stay puft teaser. The original was horror or at least played straight when comedy to relieve tension.
Considering the scenes and score shown in the first trailer, I think it fits what the director is going for.
The small town setting does kill a lot of it for me as the original really was a end of days scenario putting the city/world at risk with a big end boss encounter.
Can they really replicate those feels and the drama that accompanies them in a small farm town? Probably not. I know there hasn't been any talk about it but maybe it will be a trilogy and this is just step one to reintroduce everything to the newer generations.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Considering the scenes and score shown in the first trailer, I think it fits what the director is going for.
The small town setting does kill a lot of it for me as the original really was a end of days scenario putting the city/world at risk with a big end boss encounter.
Can they really replicate those feels and the drama that accompanies them in a small farm town? Probably not. I know there hasn't been any talk about it but maybe it will be a trilogy and this is just step one to reintroduce everything to the newer generations.
I am sure it is what the director is going for. I'm saying it's not the same tone as the original. Which considering the success of the sequels is probably a bad thing. That being said if its still good I'll be there.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I am sure it is what the director is going for. I'm saying it's not the same tone as the original. Which considering the success of the sequels is probably a bad thing. That being said if its still good I'll be there.
There's no way they could reproduce the awesome of the original. Ya, hopefully it's a good flick though. Would suck if it was another dumpster fire.