Girlfriend wants to move in, how much should she pay?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Slightly used homes can be a great bargain , something we will look into in a few years . For now renting is not a bad option , considering the way things are in the country. Tis quite comforting to see all the shiny rows of war machines and heavily armed folks wandering around . Good luck getting too my tiny stash of canned goods , seeing as the entire outside of the fence line can be mined with a blackhawk volcano system with a few passes ).
Good, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Pretty sure that's a spam thing. Certainly reads similarly to a few emails I've had.

Neg internets for that crap, I'd say.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Girlfriend and I decided it was time for her to move in with me. She brought up finances, and expressed concern that it wasn't fair if she only took care of groceries as I proposed. She'll also likely to have pay $150 or so a month for a parking stall. She wants to pay more. I slapped her with my pimp hand and told her to pipe down, and all was well again. But seriously, she's about to enroll in a distance learning master's program that's probably going to be fairly pricey and she still has a fair amount of debt left over from her bachelor's. She figured that she was going to keep working 40+ hours a week while doing the master's program. I'm doing my best to gently nudge her in to cutting back on how much she's working in order to concentrate on her schooling once her previous lease expires at the end of January, but she is resisting!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You sound like a really nice guy. I'm sure you won't feel like a sucker at all for being her knight in shining armor if the two of you break up.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Why would I feel like a sucker? She hasn't asked me for any help, and as I said, she's actively resisted every step of the way. I'm helping her because I want to, and I can afford to. If things don't work out in the long run, I won't have any regrets money-wise. I haven't been suckered in to anything. The money I lent her to replace her stolen car has a promissory note against the title if things do go south. Otherwise all I'm doing is letting her live rent free with me, which makes no difference financially from my perspective. I'll now get free groceries and awesome home cooked meals on the regular, instead of eating a Foreman grilled chicken breast and microwaved frozen vegetables 5 times a week. Sounds like a win to me!

Oh and she offered to clean as well! I have a cleaning lady so that won't really be necessary, but I would suspect she starts doing my laundry too, which is swell. I've told my cleaning lady not to touch the laundry because she might be retarded and doesn't understand that you can't machine wash and dry everything. She keeps throwing my non-stick frying pan in the dishwasher too, which is rustling my jimmies something fierce.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Non stick pans aren't dishwasher safe?

Cast iron pans and wood cutting boards are the only cooking things I keep out of the dishwasher.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The non-stick surface gets damaged by the abrasiveness of dishwashing detergent. It's mostly losing the coating because of long use, but being washed in the DW makes it that much worse.

Szlia

It's been more than a month since the last post by Kramer. His girlfriend must have killed him
frown.png

I've looked over the interwebs in search of an answer to this one, but decided to create another account so I can ask this question in disguise.

My girlfriend and I have been getting along great. She has basically moved in and i'm trying to decide what to do with expenses and such.
I own a house with a mortgage and my expenses are around 1800.00 per month when all is said and done. Should she be expected to pay 1/2 of everything? or how does that work? She's not going on my mortgage unless we're married, thats for sure. But should she be responsible for 1/2 the mortgage? I've heard yes to 1/2 of everything, and some have said just 1/2 of the electric and gas bill.

I submit to the great ReRolled my dilemma.

I doubt this needs a poll, but would like some advice please.

Thanks!
If you really like her and things are going as great as you say they are then I'd say just make her pay her share of utilities and whatever other expenses you deem to be in her court.

You'll know if she's taking advantage of you or not right away which is a good test of the relationship anyway. If you present her with that kind of a sweet deal, she'll most likely opt to pay more if she really cares about you as much as you do for her, in which case... great!

Best of luck to both of you, mate!