Girlfriend wants to move in, how much should she pay?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
When I move out of my rental property next year, I'm going to ask the landlord for the equity I paid into it since it's only fair.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Well, fuck him once before you move out just to be sure. Dotting the t's and crossing the eyes and all that jazz.

Szlia

It seems to me a lot of people are not realizing that a rent is more than a cheaper mortgage without equity. A person paying a rent gains a number of rights he would not have by paying a mortgage and a person receiving a rent has a number of responsibilities toward his tenant that he would not have if they were both paying a mortgage. Obviously these rights and responsibilities vary from place to place.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The only way rent is cheaper than a mortgage is if the house is paid off.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
khane, reread what I said. You and I are in agreement.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Didn't we just debunk this bullshit 2 weeks ago?
Umm, you must have ADD. Someone from canada tried to argued the point, but lost spectacularly. They had to construct some specific situations (for instance the housing market going to shit and not being able to sell the house), and even at that admitted that they actually made over 10% on their rentals and would get out of the business if they couldn't make that much.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
khane, reread what I said. You and I are in agreement.
Haha woops. Though your wording isn't quite right. If the mortgage is already paid off then rent is even more expensive (comparably) than it was when you were still paying off the mortgage.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I can see that. I'm talking from the perspective of a person who is looking for a place to live right now.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Umm, you must have ADD. Someone from canada tried to argued the point, but lost spectacularly. They had to construct some specific situations (for instance the housing market going to shit and not being able to sell the house), and even at that admitted that they actually made over 10% on their rentals and would get out of the business if they couldn't make that much.
Yeah, it was me arguing against that. I misread what you wrote, my bad.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
Slightly used homes can be a great bargain , something we will look into in a few years . For now renting is not a bad option , considering the way things are in the country. Tis quite comforting to see all the shiny rows of war machines and heavily armed folks wandering around . Good luck getting too my tiny stash of canned goods , seeing as the entire outside of the fence line can be mined with a blackhawk volcano system with a few passes ).

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Slightly used homes can be a great bargain , something we will look into in a few years . For now renting is not a bad option , considering the way things are in the country. Tis quite comforting to see all the shiny rows of war machines and heavily armed folks wandering around . Good luck getting too my tiny stash of canned goods , seeing as the entire outside of the fence line can be mined with a blackhawk volcano system with a few passes ).
Wat?