Girls Season 2

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Season premiere was tonight.

After the strong finish last season I was unimpressed by the opener.

I hope it gets good again because last season was hilarious and so awesomely awkward.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree. This episode was boring.

The black guy she is banging (Donald Glover?) seems so forced and out of nowhere.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I thought too much was packed into the episode, and it was more awkward than funny, but overall I liked it. I expect some set up. I loved the karaoke songs. Adam is still awesome and I'm glad to see Donald Glover, seemingly playing a black libertarian.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
I agree. This episode was boring.

The black guy she is banging (Donald Glover?) seems so forced and out of nowhere.
I think it was, there was a bunch of controversy that the first season didn't have any black people in it.

I was ok with this episode, though it was painfully obviousMarnie was going to sleep with her ex-bf again.

It took me more than one episode to get into the first season, so I'm willing to give this season some growing time.

Railin_sl

shitlord
I saw a few episodes from last season when my wife was watching. It was interesting. So is this worth going back and watching the full first season? My wife likes it, but im assuming most of you posting are male?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I saw a few episodes from last season when my wife was watching. It was interesting. So is this worth going back and watching the full first season? My wife likes it, but im assuming most of you posting are male?
Yes watch it. I thought it was the best new show in 2012. It feels so real in an awkward kind of way that it's eerie. And its laugh out loud by yourself hilarious.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty simple formula. Less Adam = Worse Show.

Also, the Brit chick is awful. I'm glad she's a whore, but the character is insufferable. All the chicks are terrible in their own ways, but the other three are also funny and have redeeming qualities(except Marnie in this episode, she was pretty awful). Maybe that's why they stuck Britwhore with Chris O'Dowd's character, he's generally awesome in everything.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
It's worth watching, but don't expect to get blown away by it. It also might be harder to get into if you're out of the target demo (20-30ish)

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I watch this show but I wish I didn't. The NYC pretension really irks me. And hipster culture is something I want fuck all to do with.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This show grew on me in the first season, found 1st episode this season a big let down. I'll stick with it for at least 4 episodes to see if it picks up. Nothing much else on right now or would probably be quicker to ditch it.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grim's got it right, Less Adam = Worse show. Him being bed ridden and whiney is also not where they should've taken him imo, he's still the best thing about the show though.

The show is going to be a long termer I think and I see myself watching it throughout unless it really jumps the rails. It's just such an 'easy' watch, it's like entourage but for the middle class twenty something.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
even desperate and sad Adam was great. That actor has a huge stage presence

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
First 2 episodes have been absolutely terrible. I liked the first season, but the new gay guy is a fucking idiot - The black guy is a fucking idiot - and Adam is still pretty fucking funny, but he's been on screen for 5 minutes total in 2 episodes. Meh.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I agree. The show really has lost it's appeal from the first season. Adam is funny but isn't getting any screen time. The gay guy is stupid. And where did Glover come from? Did I miss an episode last year with him being introduced?

Binkles_sl

shitlord
The argument between Hanna and Sandy felt contrived, heavy-handed, and boring. Unfortunately, this is probably not the last time it's seen this season.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
First 2 episodes seem phoned in, like the album right after a new band hits the big time. I really hope it gets better. I was really looking forward to this coming back on.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
That argument with her eating cool whip was so forced, trying way too hard