Girls Season 2

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
her relationship with donald glover is the shows way of forcing some kind of political discussion into the show. it's pretty terrible.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
agree with the relationship being super fucking hamfisted. also lena dunham is fucking ugly and disgusting

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There was some criticism for season 1 being "too white" and having no remotely ethnic characters. I think putting in a black guy but making him a Republican was supposed to be an an acknowledgement of that criticism but with a little "fuck you" blended in. They haven't done a great job of pulling it off though, and they didn't let the guy even attempt to make a point in defense of his views other than basically calling her a racist.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the argument with Glover once it was devolving completely, just him recognizing what was going on and bailing at the right time. "You need to leave". Not a discussion, he just saw the situation for what it was and got out of Dodge.

Hannah was forced about basically everything this episode though. As mentioned the argument with Marnie, and with Sandy. Just her never recognizing in the slightest how much everything is her fault. I don't need a giant epiphany, but just the tiniest bit of self-awareness.

Ray and Shoshanna's conversation with Marnie was good though. Ray's a really good underused character. The one guy that calls all the girls out on every bit of their awfulness, except the one he likes of course.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
This show really needs to give Hannah some character development at this point

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Lonely Island guy stuff was kinda of funny.

The coke stuff had me scowling at the TV though.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
The third episode was an abortion. The only ray of light was some of the dialogue in the pharmacy. I'm quickly hoping this show turns from an awkward, offbeat comedy to a tragedy. Hanna having her skin flayed off during her attempt to explore BDSM on Craigslist would be highly amusing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I agree, I thought this episode was better than the first two.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hannah and Elijah were good stuff for the most part. Marnie being a mindless cuntlump with Captain Art was awful. Just...fucking awful.

Elijah really is a great character for the show. Really any character on the show that genuinely doesn't seem to give a fuck really works with this show full of stupid fake earnest people. Elijah, Adam, Ray....though I guess the streak falls apart with the Brit bitch, because she's just fuckin' terrible. But in general the less fucks a character gives on this show the better they are.

"When did you eat jerky?"

Or when he instantly assumed Laird was referring to him when he said "a pretty face". Really entertaining character most of the time.

I hadn't really thought about it, but all these stupid entertaining side characters that are keeping the show rolling while Hannah is awful are there because Lena Dunham wrote them in. Though while she was still awful this episode she was at least kind of proactive and entertaining.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I thought this episode was a lot better than the first two.

If you have HBO GO and really want to watch it, episode 4 is already available for viewing.

You didn't like Jorma? My favorite part of the episode: "Look at the doll" followed by "describe it to me".
The woman made an observation last night that I agree with. For the first season, it seemed like Lena Dunham going topless fit into the circumstances when it would happen. I assume she was just trying to show off how comfortable she was with her body, or some shit like that. Now it seems more like "how can I wedge my breasts into this weeks episode?". Anyway, we laughed more at this episode than the others this season

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This weeks episode was a ton better.

Lots of real shit.

Jessa's boobies.

Wonderwall giving me nostalgia chills.

Good stuff, hope they keep it up.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wasn't a big fan of dinner conversation or them making Ray a homeless bum. It's okay for one character to have a good head on their shoulders

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Has there ever been a show that so accurately portrayed how woman act?

Another good episode.

Also Hanna has the ugliest body ever.