Girls who broke your heart thread

Composter_foh

shitlord
I didn"t want kids until I had a weird epiphany moment last October. I told her about my relatively sudden desire to have kids on New Years Eve (after some absinthe, of course). After that it would come up periodically during drunk discussions until we had a long talk about it on Memorial day. During that talk we decided that the relationship had an expiration, but if either of us didn"t feel like we were wasting our time or each other"s time, then we could just continue it. It lasted a couple of more months until she felt that if it continued further, we wouldn"t be able to be friends (we still aren"t going to be able to be friends, but she REALLY wants to try).

I don"t know how/why I suddenly decided I want kids (never wanted a crotch-fruit before), but I do know that she has been adamant from day one that she does not want kids. She"s turning 30 in a few months, and she is a driven career woman.

My guess is she"ll be married and pregnant within a year and if you question it she"ll claim it was your drunkenness and awkward handling of the situation that was the problem all along, not her being confused or a flake.

But at least you know you want fuck trophies now?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Eomer said:
Super uncommon in my experience, anyways. Even the ones that say they don"t want them when they"re single or casually dating pretty much invariably end up wanting them once they"re in a stable relationship.

Didn"t hang out with neighbor yet as her grampa died last week and I played hockey every night. She"s outta town this weekend, so we"re going to hang out sometime next week. When I asked her response was "But a drink next week or weekend would be great! I"ll be around the whole time. And I so want to do another movie night. That was fun." There was other convo as well, of course.

In a later message she says she"d like to give me a spare key for the next time she locks herself out of her place, which apparently happens often. She"s apparently of the trusting variety. Does she also need to be wearing yoga pants when I swing by for a midnight raping, or does the key remove that requirement?
Copy the key. Mail the copy to me along with a plane ticket. We London bridge her(or whatever the name of a large bridge in Canada is, if that makes you more comfortable).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Eiffel Tower works. Or pig roasting.

To what the others have said, yeah, I tend to agree that the key isn"t a great sign, but I"m not going to worry about it.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
brekk said:
Tell her no thanks, you"ll earn the key
Text her back. Say, "I"ll take your key, on the one condition that I can come over and have sex with you whenever I"m horny."

Use those exact words.

I know it sounds corny and sleezy.

But it"s the only chance you have of avoiding the friendzone at this point. It"s a drastic move, but you"re standing at the edge of a dangerous precipice.

She either doesn"t give you the key, which is a win for you, because otherwise you"ll be stuck house-sitting when she goes out of town to bang other dudes.

Or she gives you the key, which means she wants to bang you. Which is also a win for you.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Burnesto said:
Well you guys will have to touch hands for it to be an Eiffel Tower. That would be a bit weird.
I thought all threesomes culminate in a simultaneous orgasm as the dudes high five. No?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Antarius" move is a bit drastic, but he"s close. You"ve gotta do something now before it becomes total "oh my BFF Eomer is so super sweet. We can watch movies with no pressure and he walks my dogs for me anytime I want to go get shitfaced with Brody and James"

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I was going for the more subtle over text approach to flirting. You need to do something proactive or its friend zone for sure.

I stand by something along the tone of what I said as the best course of action. I"m no ladies man, but from years of MMO flirting, and lots of RL chick texting I know me how to twist some words.

And include the fucking winky face. It"s instant "HEY IM FUCKING FLIRTING WITH YOU" sign in neon. Bitches love smilies, they cream for winks.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Antarius said:
Text her back. Say, "I"ll take your key, on the one condition that I can come over and have sex with you whenever I"m horny."
I"d like to see this done as an experiment, because it has potential for greatness, but could also fail miserably. Except I"d change the wording a bit, maybe something like:

"You know if I take your keys, I"m gonna come over and have my way with you any time I wish, right? "

Do it for science Eomer

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Dabamf said:
I"d like to see this done as an experiment, because it has potential for greatness, but could also fail miserably. Except I"d change the wording a bit, maybe something like:

"You know if I take your keys, I"m gonna come over and have my way with you any time I wish, right? "

Do it for science Eomer
The thing is that if you do that, it"s gotta be believable. There are many ways to say that phrase, but not all of them are going to yield the same results.

I don"t think Eomer is a guy that could pull it off.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Ancient said:
I feel like "never wants kids" is a pretty uncommon default position for a woman. I don"t fault the guy for assuming, at least to the point where he never really considered it worth it to bring up.
I know quite a few girls who don"t want to be burdened with kids these days. My girlfriend is one and many of her friends as well. I think many people are just realizing that you don"t have to have kids these days and there are some strong benefits for skipping them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Tenks said:
I know quite a few girls who don"t want to be burdened with kids these days. My girlfriend is one and many of her friends as well. I think many people are just realizing that you don"t have to have kids these days and there are some strong benefits for skipping them.
How old is your girlfriend and the girls you know? It"s a mantra often touted by 20-somethings. Then they hit 30 and 90% of their girlfriends have kids and they go into panic mode. Trust me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
GF is 31. Her friends are all around the same age. Some already have kids, some don"t. She just doesn"t want kids or see a major benefit to having them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tenks said:
GF is 31. Her friends are all around the same age. Some already have kids, some don"t. She just doesn"t want kids or see a major benefit to having them.
More and more people feel this way these days. It makes sense. Just look at how many non-married mid-late 20 year olds there are now compared to 20 years ago. Only four of my friends are married and none of them have kids. I doubt many 26 year olds could have said that 20 years ago.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Drinsic said:
Idiocracy, here we come.
When Cathan claimed to be an engineer, the first thing I thought was: "I bet he graduated from Costco". Thank you, Idiocracy.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I wish I didn"t want kids. I"d be traveling and working in Asia/other places for probably at least 5 more years, possibly 10, before starting my career path if I didn"t want kids. The only reason I came back was I wanna be relatively young and have some money before having kids.

There"s one thing I can"t get outa my head though. Our only biological purpose for existing is to have offspring that then have their own offspring. Everything else, biologically, is only around to aid that goal. I don"t have a single thought toward "that"s right" or "that"s wrong" when someone else makes a life choice that has nothing to do with me. But for argument"s sake, how can that be reconciled with not wanting kids? Obviously you could then turn around and ask then why does homosexuality exist, which I don"t have an answer to either. I"m just wondering if there is one for not wanting kids.