Girls who broke your heart thread

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Burning bridges is always bad. I have personal experience to back up why you shouldn"t burn your bridges. One situation now that I enjoy having very much and free of obligation.

High School Sweetheart
This is your standard we met in high school, she was my best friend, we dated, she was my first, type story. She was a year behind me and I went to college first. The distance was to great and eventually we mutually agreed to break things off.

Pretty standard story.

Well I kept in touch with her VERY rarely maybe once or twice every 3 months we might talk but extremely rarely and very brief. 6 years of this passes after high school then she was having a round with a bad string of boyfriends and called me up out of the blue to see how I was doing. My guess is she just needed a confidence booster and a friend. We chat for awhile and agree to hang out sometime like we always do except this time it actually happens. She comes over and we watch tv and just catch up then she decides to spend the night and leave in the morning since she is tired. Halfway through the night we are both still wide awake and I can"t resist feeling her up. She turns around and says " You know if you keep doing that I can"t resist right?", "I say ya.. I don"t want you to."

That was that. The night passes by and we wake up feeling pretty damned good. In all honestly I wasn"t the slightest bit awkward by it. It felt... normal. Like I was returning to an old friend. We laughed, got some breakfast and talked about it briefly. Here"s how that conversation went..

She said "Hey you know I had fun last night but we are just friends right?"
I said "Yea I know. I had fun too but we tried this once. It didn"t work, we are better as friends."
She said "She said yea but ... we don"t have to stop either?"
"I said..hell no!"
She said " Sooo what if you get a girlfriend?"
I said " So what if you get a boyfriend?"
I said "Look we are friends. We just enjoy sex together to. It"s not exactly the normal thing but if you came looking I doubt I"d turn you down. It"s sex with no strings. I can just enjoy it and know that I"m not hurting you for it and your enjoying it to. It"s like friendship with sex."
She said " Friends with benefits."
I rolled my eyes and said "yea yea corny"
she said "ok but if I find a boyfriend and want a break I"m coming to get some!"
I said " Anytime babe.. anytime"

That was that. A permanent friends with benefits without strings attached. Since then we have hooked up a couple of times but not often. She found a man and I"m getting married yet we are still just like we were. It"s like how you have a best friend you can do everything with except now you can fuck also. Words can"t really express the kind of freedom this feels like.

Yes I know it"s basically agreed cheating on our spouses and that is what it is. She was basically my best friend before we go together in high school so now that we are back to friends it"s been great. But the sexual tension always builds up so instead of fighting it or never seeing each other we just hook up once in awhile. So if you have a best friend who you hooked up with and the it went south.. remember this.

Bronyaur_foh

shitlord
Brad2770 said:
It was the initial shock of her going back to this guy. That was what got to me. it only bothered me for maybe half a day in the text mesaages we had. When i noticed that my anger and jealousy were dying down if it took her awhile to respond, I decided to stop it all together.

I am learning to control my feelings about this shit and honestly, i would like to do this on my own. it may take me a little longer to get through this vs. talking to a shrink, but I want to be the better person on my own, not because someone who made 100 bucks an hour asked me "Tell me about your mother"...

Unlike several weeks ago, I wanted me and her to work. I want to be happy now. I care for her well being, but I dont care what she does. I can be happy without her being happy.

I really think I am finally headed in the right direction. Give me a few weeks and lets see how it goes.
Brad,

Everybody hurts, sometimes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IPZzWYkdS6Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IPZzWYkdS6Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chu_foh

shitlord
Ronaan said:
A restraining order because my ex goes to the same birthday party? Are you fucking serious? It"s not like she"s throwing rocks or knives at me. I can just sit there and ignore her, and have a fun evening with my friends.
Then don"t go to the party if she"s there. And if it continues to impede your social life like this, then yes, get a restraining order.

She"s fucking insane and if you can"t see it, then get back in the sack with her. Like Rais said, you"re made for each other.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
chu said:
Then don"t go to the party if she"s there. And if it continues to impede your social life like this, then yes, get a restraining order.

She"s fucking insane and if you can"t see it, then get back in the sack with her. Like Rais said, you"re made for each other.
I see what you two are getting at, but it wasn"t that bad (just returned from the party). Took place in his garden, all we said to each other was "hi" and "bye" basically, and it wasn"t as awkward as I thought it would be. We just hung out in different parts of the garden, with different people. So - no effect on my social life, seems she"s over it. And since it"s only this one mutual friend where we both might show up at a party once a year, I think it"s ok.

No way in hell am I getting back with her though.

Now all I have to do is cancel tomorrow"s climbing trip with Jessie (psychogirl) and I"m set.

Churchill_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
Burning bridges is always bad. I have personal experience to back up why you shouldn"t burn your bridges. One situation now that I enjoy having very much and free of obligation.

High School Sweetheart
This is your standard we met in high school, she was my best friend, we dated, she was my first, type story. She was a year behind me and I went to college first. The distance was to great and eventually we mutually agreed to break things off.

Pretty standard story.

Well I kept in touch with her VERY rarely maybe once or twice every 3 months we might talk but extremely rarely and very brief. 6 years of this passes after high school then she was having a round with a bad string of boyfriends and called me up out of the blue to see how I was doing. My guess is she just needed a confidence booster and a friend. We chat for awhile and agree to hang out sometime like we always do except this time it actually happens. She comes over and we watch tv and just catch up then she decides to spend the night and leave in the morning since she is tired. Halfway through the night we are both still wide awake and I can"t resist feeling her up. She turns around and says " You know if you keep doing that I can"t resist right?", "I say ya.. I don"t want you to."

That was that. The night passes by and we wake up feeling pretty damned good. In all honestly I wasn"t the slightest bit awkward by it. It felt... normal. Like I was returning to an old friend. We laughed, got some breakfast and talked about it briefly. Here"s how that conversation went..

She said "Hey you know I had fun last night but we are just friends right?"
I said "Yea I know. I had fun too but we tried this once. It didn"t work, we are better as friends."
She said "She said yea but ... we don"t have to stop either?"
"I said..hell no!"
She said " Sooo what if you get a girlfriend?"
I said " So what if you get a boyfriend?"
I said "Look we are friends. We just enjoy sex together to. It"s not exactly the normal thing but if you came looking I doubt I"d turn you down. It"s sex with no strings. I can just enjoy it and know that I"m not hurting you for it and your enjoying it to. It"s like friendship with sex."
She said " Friends with benefits."
I rolled my eyes and said "yea yea corny"
she said "ok but if I find a boyfriend and want a break I"m coming to get some!"
I said " Anytime babe.. anytime"

That was that. A permanent friends with benefits without strings attached. Since then we have hooked up a couple of times but not often. She found a man and I"m getting married yet we are still just like we were. It"s like how you have a best friend you can do everything with except now you can fuck also. Words can"t really express the kind of freedom this feels like.

Yes I know it"s basically agreed cheating on our spouses and that is what it is. She was basically my best friend before we go together in high school so now that we are back to friends it"s been great. But the sexual tension always builds up so instead of fighting it or never seeing each other we just hook up once in awhile. So if you have a best friend who you hooked up with and the it went south.. remember this.
We all know this will end well.

Update-ish on me. I"m not going into the full details, but I"m going through emotional hell at the moment. World is upside down and inside out.

Thanks for the REM song btw, definitely helps.

Kind of a ha-ha moment tonight:

Went out to a Jazz bar with the gf (her cousin is the bassist in a band that plays there...) and the theme of the night was helping this nature preserve in Ecuador that our University is affiliated, etc etc. Anyway, my ex-wife"s "best friend" (who bad-mouths her behind her back, but we never had the heart to tell her...) is there and acting like she"s 14 years old with the snotty looks and the whispering and pointing and whatnot. We just smiled and enjoyed the music.

We"re also going to go have hot, nasty sex. No, no pictures yet. Sorry!

PS. I"m also a bit tipsy.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
If either Sharmai"s fiancee (or to a lesser extent Sharmai"s friend"s boyfriend) knows nothing about this fantastic "I don"t burn bridges because I give in to my throbbing dick/cunt sometimes" set-up, sorry to say dude, but you"re a world-class douchebag of the worst variety. Not saying there"s anything wrong with fuck-buddies in a committed relationship at all, but only if everyone"s aware and on board with it. I sincerely doubt that"s the case since you didn"t mention it.

... Are you sure you"re not a chick?

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
The fuck buddy is completely aware of my situation 100%. Hell I think she knows more about me then I know of myself. She knows I"m getting married. She knows my fiancee is pregnant and just about everything else under the sun. Including stuff my fiancee doesn"t now I would bet if there is anything.

My fiancee doesn"t know for obvious reasons. It"s not something that 90% (random number) of women would go with including you. She isn"t a threat to my fiancee. She holds no special place in my heart more then a friend. She is a friend + sex.

I"ve tried explaining how this works to other women before but it never gets across. Women always seem to have a hard time understanding how men can completely separate sex and love from each other.

Oh and world class douche? Are you telling me the difference between a decent or great man is this one single thing? Period? because I can name of 4 or 5 dozen things that are considerably worse.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Sharmai said:
I"ve tried explaining how this works to other women before but it never gets across. Women always seem to have a hard time understanding how men can completely separate sex and love from each other.
So you"d be okay with your Fiancee banging another guy on the side as long as it"s not love?

Send her # my way please.

Brad2770

You should try telling your fiance about this and see if she understands. I bet she would. I mean, who are you to determine whether or not she would understand? Cheating piece of shit.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
The fuck buddy is completely aware of my situation 100%. Hell I think she knows more about me then I know of myself. She knows I"m getting married. She knows my fiancee is pregnant and just about everything else under the sun. Including stuff my fiancee doesn"t now I would bet if there is anything.

My fiancee doesn"t know for obvious reasons. It"s not something that 90% (random number) of women would go with including you. She isn"t a threat to my fiancee. She holds no special place in my heart more then a friend. She is a friend + sex.

Oh and world class douche? Are you telling me the difference between a decent or great man is this one single thing? Period? because I can name of 4 or 5 dozen things that are considerably worse.
Have fun explaining your newly acquired crabs / herpes / std / aids to your fiancee / wife.

Yes, it does make you a douche. Not a spectacular douche, but much above normal douche levels. Most people cheat when a problem develops in their relationship. You"re engaged, happily cheating, and still plan on getting married. I foresee a long, happy marriage. You"re quite the catch.

Clearly you have the emotional maturity that a successful marriage requires.

Sharmai said:

Are you fucking kidding me? You are a world class douchebag because you let it continue and in fact WILL let it continue.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
brekk said:
So you"d be okay with your Fiancee banging another guy on the side as long as it"s not love?

Send her # my way please.
I"ve thought about it and honestly I am not sure where I sit on that issue. My thinking on the subject is as such..

I know it"s selfish of me to enjoy my freedom but to deny hers (assuming she wanted to do the same) if I did deny hers that is.
-OR-
I could be ok with it and what difference does it make if she does? The question of our relationship is based on love. Something that sex does not make nor destroy (IMO). In which case I have defined love as something that exists alongside sex but not necessarily with it. of course that excludes love-making which I define as something explicit to love. I have tried explaining the difference between sex and love so for any of you who can"t understand this I am sorry. I don"t have the vocabulary to make you understand.

Now in the first case it is purely selfishness. In all honesty I imagine if i was married say 30 years then wanting to experiment and try new things is not something I would see as a bad thing. After having been together 30 years the separation between sex and love should be distinct and obvious forallinvolved. I would not leave my marriage of 30 years if she played around a few times just to try something new. Whoever that guy is, is just a brief second in the long timelime that our relationship has existed. The memories we will have formed are as mountains compared to this fling.

So with that thought it occurs to me that I ask what is the difference between 30 years and doing it and doing it today? Besides time and the strengthening of the bond and the distinction?

In simpler yet massively understated terms.. If love is not sex then why is sex outside of marriage cheating? (And yes I ignore the wedding vows. They are just words and words can be twisted and manipulated. Love is not words it is expression.)

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Incognitogamer said:
Are you fucking kidding me? You are a world class douchebag because you let it continue and in fact WILL let it continue.
Let me put this in terms your child like mind is failing to understand. Let us say you imagine the ideal man. Someone who provides for their wife and kids. Someone who shows tokens of their affection. Someone who praises, raises, and disciplines their children correctly. Someone who takes their wife to regular and varied entertainment. Someone who takes their wife and kids on vacation. someone who spends time walking with his wife in the evening and talking to her about work. Someone who doesn"t beat her, cuss at her, tear her down or ignore her. Let us say you imagine a man who does all this and then on occasion sleeps with his friend with no strings attached.

A cheater I am on the basis of the vows alone. But beyond that?

stoerm said:
Have fun explaining your newly acquired crabs / herpes / std / aids to your fiancee / wife.
You"ve never slept with a women that was clean before or what? Because I don"t sleep with women I don"t explicitly trust to be clean and I still use protection....

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
I don"t give a shit whether your fuck buddy knows. Obviously, she does. Fabulous straw man (woman?) you set up there. I was concerned with if your FIANCEE knows.

"Let me put this in terms your child like mind is failing to understand". I"m in a successful, rather long-standing polyamorous relationship. Don"t presume to tell me what "90% of women wouldn"t go with (including you)", because then you come off as an arrogant, ignorant prick. Neither do I have problems separating love and sex. You know what the difference is? All the faults and expectations were brought to the table, rather than the bullshit whichwillbite you in the ass eventually that you"ve adopted for no discernible reason except admitted selfishness on your end.

... douchebag.

{edit}: I find it delicious that IF she is part of the 90% of women who can"t separate love and sex (by your statistics), you"d be doing the bolded quote in your laundry list of things "the ideal married man" does. Dunno, those odds aren"t in your favor. When your fiancee finds out, tearing someone down by omission is still tearing someone down.
Someone who doesn"t beat her, cuss at her,tear her downor ignore her.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Alcestiyour getting angry. I"m not. Stop that. I was pointing out a benefit to not burning your bridges and you don"t agree with it. I get that. But you can talk this through rationally.

Congratulations on your long term relationship. What"s your point? I pulled out 90% and said it was a random ass number but it doesn"t take much foresight to guess most women wouldn"t like being cheated on (duh) Just look at your reaction. Your proving the point.

You know what the difference is? All the faults and expectations where brought to the table, rather than the bullshit which will bite you in the ass eventually that you"ve adopted for no discernible reason except admitted selfishness on your end.
This makes no sense and you know it. faults and expectations brought to the table? what? Will bite me in the end? That"s the stuff they teach you in church to keep you scared of reality. In the real world the bully grows up to be a star football player. In the real world the asshole who cheats on all his girlfriends and beats then grows up to become a rich overpaid rapper. In the real world that smart asshole of a kid in your 4th grade class grows up to become that smart white collar crime banker who did 1 year of jail for stealing 200 million of your dollars.

In the real world 50% of marriages fail because of money unlike those happy ever endings people want to believe in. In the real world most murders go unsolved.

Get the idea? Things aren"t llike you were always raised to believe so open your world view a little and try to see what I am saying. You may have that fairy tale story but your the exception not the norm. Having a happy and fulfilling life involves thinking outside of your comfort zone.

Sunnyd_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
You didnt answer the question. Would you, or would you not be ok if your fiancee/soon to be wife found enjoyment in another man sticking his dick in her? If no, then pass on numbers so we can provide the same level of service for her that you seem to be enjoying.

Dont bother with any of your 30 years later when Im bored arguments...words fail me. Do you even understand why people get married?

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Sunnyd said:
You didnt answer the question. Would you, or would you not be ok if your fiancee/soon to be wife found enjoyment in another man sticking his dick in her? If no, then pass on numbers so we can provide the same level of service for her that you seem to be enjoying.

Dont bother with any of your 30 years later when Im bored arguments...words fail me. Do you even understand why people get married?
brekk asked something similar

See response here
If you don"t like my response I can"t help you.
Your welcome to explain to me why people get married if you feel your understanding is superior.