Girls who broke your heart thread

Aulirophile_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
Yes I know it"s basically agreed cheating on our spouses and that is what it is. She was basically my best friend before we go together in high school so now that we are back to friends it"s been great. But the sexual tension always builds up so instead of fighting it or never seeing each other we just hook up once in awhile. So if you have a best friend who you hooked up with and the it went south.. remember this.
So you don"t keep your word to your fiancee/wife, but keep it to your fuck buddy. Basically you stick to deals that benefit you. Gotta look out for number one, right?

I hope you realize you don"t deserve a good wife, and that risking that kind of emotional harm isn"t something you do to someone you "love."

Douchebag.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:

You"ve never slept with a women that was clean before or what? Because I don"t sleep with women I don"t explicitly trust to be clean and I still use protection....
I"ll ignore your ad hominem attack and actually try to give you food for thought, which you will no doubt ignore.

It"s not the sexual cheating that destroys relationships. It"s the lying, and the loss of trust. All of your comments address "sex vs love", when it"s clear you don"t understand that lying about external sexual relationships to a woman will likely destroy or cripple any love they have for you. Either be honest, or don"t do it. Man the fuck up -- oh wait, you know how that will play out, don"t you? Play the "sex vs love" card all you want. You and everyone reading this knows you"re just a greedy bastard who wants to have his cake and eat it too. That is common as hell, but don"t pretend you"re not a douche. And again, you are several steps beyond that level for doing it in such a systematic, planned way -- WHILE YOU"RE ENGAGED, WHICH IF YOUR BETROTHED ISN"T PREGNANT IS GOING TO BE THE HIGHLIGHT REEL PERIOD OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

Your retarded comment aside, condoms (if you really are using them, which is doubtful based on your story) are not 100% effective in terms of pregnancy or STD transmission. It"s completely irresponsible of you to subject your unknowing partner to the risks you choose to take, without her knowledge -- period. As an aside, why would ANY male choose to have condom sex when unprotected sex with your fiancee is available? If you"re using condoms with your fiancee, shoot yourself in the face.

Your "trust" comment is laughable. You "trust" the person you"re lying and cheating with, even though she knows you"re engaged? You"re in for a rude awakening in the months or years ahead.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
TheONLYissue here Sharmai, is that your fiancee doesn"t know. You apparently don"t care, that makes you a douche. End.of.story.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Spell my name right, please. There really isn"t an excuse for CTRL-C and V failing. I"ll ignore the condescension, but I apologize for getting irritated when lumped into a category with a random-ass statistic by someone who knee-jerk assumes I"m the norm and not the exception.

Frankly, I don"t know where to start ripping apart your argument. I feel like I"m back in Ohio with all these goddamn straw men. Let me make this simple:

- Do you understand why people say you"re a douchebag? Because it appears you don"t. You seem to think that it"s the actual cheating part that will hurt your fiancee more. It won"t. Nor should that be the part your "look at your reaction!" statement was directed at (but a commendable effort in attempting to make your opponent look irrational!). It"s you having the extended, repeated, PLANNED process without telling her because you"re already assuming how she will react. The point I brought up which you failed to realize is related: if you want something like this to not blow up in your face, which it most likely will, you have to make sure all parties involved know. Having said that, am I psychic? Can I predict the future? How do I know for sure your fiancee will find out? Of course I don"t fucking know. But the odds aren"t in your favor. You"re setting your fiancee up for a world of heartbreak (assuming she can"t separate love and sex) and you don"t seem to give a shit about it. You"re trying to justify lying by omission behind the shield of semantics.Thatis why you"re a douche. And THAT is the only issue here.

-Youtellingmeto open my world view a little? Thinking outside of my comfort zone? Whoa. I"m bloody speechless.

-

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Some of you are still thinking to linear.. let me try to explain why this issue is not so simple...
Conventional wisdom is those vows = trust = never lying to your fiancee about anything ever. Yet 50% of marriages fail from people who give those vows believing in them at the time.

I don"t like those odds so I decided to figure out how to improve them. The most common causes of divorce are the following...
1.) Financial
2.) Infidelity
3.) Sexual Dysfunction/Lack of Sexual Relationships-
4.) Major life changes-

I sought ways to defeat these well before I ever got married or even found anyone to commit to. I accepted that I was not a unique snowflake so simply believing i was better then everyone else and choosing to go head long into the problemwould not work.Therefore trying to understand the problem and find solutions so I could defeat it became a priority.

The first one was easy. Just work hard, graduate school, get a good job, get a savings, etc etc. I have accomplished that.

The second one is much harder. You see I can make a commitment to never cheat but that only controls myself not her. I can choose to believe that I will find that special women who doesn"t cheat ever for any reason but that 50% of marriages in this country fail. That would be me flipping a coin and believing the odds are going to land in my favor becauseI believe in it so much.

Well I was never a gambling man. So I sought to understand why people cheat and well there are a MILLION reasons. Literally everything under the sun. Never at home. Not enough fun. Just tired of the same old thing. Opportunity knocked. Was drunk. Was an old ex. blah blah blah blah. The point is with so many reasons it was pointless to attack this issue from the front. So I could either live in la la land like 50% of America and believe I would never be cheated on (like I said I don"t like those odds) or I could come to terms with the possibility of it happening and deal with it as such. I chose the latter.

That is how I came to question what cheating really means and what it really is. Simple sex just isn"t it. Simple sex will never equal spending 20 years of my life with someone and raising children together. throwing away that kind of work and effort for simple fucking sex is just.... just fucking stupid mentality.

So with that realization and the knowledge that sex is not love it should not be hard for any of you to see how I continued on to where I"m at now.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
So, let me paraphrase 2/3rds of your post.

"I choose to not tell my fiancee because there is a 50/50 chance thatshewill cheat, and I"d rather attack this issue from the side (aka STRIKE THE FIRST BLOW)."

Holy shit. This is just getting better and better. xD

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Alcestis I"m not justfying anything. I"m only explaning how I came to the decision I"m at. I don"t need to justify it to anyone but I"m telling you so that you and the others mightunderstandwhere I"m coming from.

Your pretend at telling the future and speaking of some karma stylized event where the walls will come crashing down and all will come out in the open. Yet I try and remind you that the world doesn"t work like that. But in reality it doesn"t matter much now does it? Neither of us know the future. I am confident in knowing enough of the world to know that people don"t often get what"s coming to them and your confident of the exact opposite. And it doesn"t matter in the slightest does it?

Oh and I said your the exception NOT the norm if your living the fairy tale dream.

I based my thinking off the given information on how the world works. I used the numbers because at the end of the day that"s what counts. The marriages fail or don"t fail. That"s it. Millions of people say, believe, talk, and preach the same words as you and yet half of those millions fail.

I chose not to follow the broken path.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Alcestis said:
So, let me paraphrase 2/3rds of your post.

"I choose to not tell my fiancee because there is a 50/50 chance thatshewill cheat, and I"d rather attack this issue from the side (aka STRIKE THE FIRST BLOW)."

Holy shit. This is just getting better and better. xD
I didn"t tell my fiancee because she thinks like you. In other words I can quote her the statistics of marriage and reasons for divorce all day yet she (and I imagine you) will believe your the exception to the rule and expect your life to be different...

There"s a 50% shot shes right. I just don"t accept those odds.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:

That is how I came to question what cheating really means and what it really is. Simple sex just isn"t it. Simple sex will never equal spending 20 years of my life with someone and raising children together. throwing away that kind of work and effort for simple fucking sex is just.... just fucking stupid mentality.

So with that realization and the knowledge that sex is not love it should not be hard for any of you to see how I continued on to where I"m at now.
It would be hard for anyone to make sense out of that. You contradicted yourself in the quote above, and contradicted everything else you"ve said earlier.

You: A) Simple Sex = sex with no strings, no attachment.
You: B) Simple Sex isn"t really cheating.
You: C) Throwing away a marriage over Simple Sex is "just fucking stupid mentality"

Now, I suppose if you"re saying your WIFE would be stupid to "throw away 20 years of life and work" (paraphrased) based on the fact she catches you having Simple Sex, then yeah -- that meshes with your previous posts and elevates you to Galactic Comical Douche standards.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
We need more people out there who don"t doom their marriages before they begin. I hope to God your fiancee thinks "like me" and other previous posters, despite you misrepresenting all of our positions.

... On second thought, I hope not. Poor chick is going to be stuck with a douche.

Clearly, no one is getting through your pseudo-logic. Have a long, prosperous life with the one you love. Good luck. =)

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Alcestis that was a nice cop-out. "way to doom marriages before they fail..." . It"s called being realistic. Being realistic has granted me great success in my life. Avoiding many of the pitfalls that are normal to my race, sex, and color among other things.

A fact is a fact 50% of marriages fail Alcestis. It is a sad and disheartening fact but only a fool gambles the rest of his entire life happiness away on 50% odds. I made a concentrated effort for years now to get to where I am and lo and behold I am a very successful 27 year old male. I can recognize that the most common response to making a marriage work is "you have to work hard at it" but if that was true then the failure rate would have decreased well below 50% by now. I can recognize that there is problem with the way marriage is handled at its core and that"s why if I want to have a successful forever lasting marriage then I have got to go about it a different way.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Alcestis have you ever seen two people in a relatiohship like yours that looked perfect and yet it failed? With a 50% failure rate I imagine you"ve seen more then a few. I know I have. I"ve seen people who were perfect couples with all the goodness and godliness in their hearts one could ever imagine. And yet they to failed.

That shook me. Because if they can fail then holy fuck I needed to re-think my position.

Think on that.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
1.) Financial
2.) Infidelity
3.) Sexual Dysfunction/Lack of Sexual Relationships-
4.) Major life changes-
Avoiding the above four major issues is a recipe for a successful marriage.

You are already actively engaging in #2 before you even start. How in your twisted logic is this going to increase your chances above the 50/50 threshold? I"d bet it puts you at a 90% failure rate. Your only hope is your wife will be a complete pushover. In that case, go you! You won"t even have to lie about your cheating after she finds out.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
You must have a barn out back. Yet again. I"m not arguing that 50% of marriages don"t fail. That would be utterly fucking retarded of me seeing as how that information is laughably easy to obtain. Unlike you throwing out random numbers like 90% in previous posts, I can comprehend statistics. The fact is you"re looking at the glass half-empty. That"s fine. I don"t give a shit; I"m not here to be your motivational speaker. Butbecauseof that decision, that outlook, you"re doing your partner a great disservice. And that"s putting it mildly.

Oh, by the way. Personal experience like "omg have you ever seen 50% of "perfect" relationships fail? THINK ON THAT" sucks balls in civilized debate.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
... With a 50% failure rate I imagine you"ve seen more then a few. I know I have. I"ve seen people who were perfect couples with all the goodness and godliness in their hearts one could ever imagine. And yet they to failed.

That shook me. Because if they can fail then holy fuck I needed to re-think my position.

Think on that.
With an 80% failure rate of people scoring 1400+ on their SATs, I"ve seen more than a few bad scores. I"ve seen people who were perfect students, studying and training more than one could ever imagine. And they still failed to get 1400.

So I smoked crack before the test.

WTG.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I think I like his logic. Gonna apply it to the rest of my life actually. 100% of people who annoy me are going to die anyways, so I might as well get a jumpstart on it. Why risk them living forever? Have you ever seen perfectly healthy people drop dead only a few days later? Think about that.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Alcestis said:
Butbecauseof that decision, that outlook, you"re doing your partner a great disservice. And that"s putting it mildly.
I spoiler ed this because your honestly going to ignore most of it anyway... but here it is.. your welcome to debate any point you take issue with. Ialwayswelcome debate.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
If you didn"t cherry pick and ignore most of my posts you would have seen how I got from point A -> B where causing a disservice was the opposite of what I was doing. I"m feeling generous so I"ll condense it for you.

1. Marriages fail 50% of the time
2. I don"t believe in gambling my married life"s happiness at 50% odds.
3. I found the most common reasons for divorce and went forth to find solutions so as to increase my odds of marriage success.
4. The only one in a questioned state here is the 2nd most common cause of divorce "infidelity"
5. In tackling this cause I came to the following conclusions
A. It is foolish to believe I could prevent all of the possible reasons a person might cheat. I can stop myself but not my significant other.
B. It is further foolish to believe I will find the right significant one who will never cheat. Doubtless millions had believe and done the same thing. Still 50% failure rate exists.

Therefore it follows that I must examine the nature of Infidelity itself.
In that examination I found that infidelity was either sexually cheating with someone else or falling out of love (or in love with someone else). The latter issue is easily enough dealt with I just need to give proper timer, loving care, commitment, and attention to my spouse. The former can be alleviated by the aforementioned practices but again I must refer to the 50% of marriages have failed number. Such a number is so high that I must assume that infidelity exists beyond those practices.

So again it follows that I still need to solve the problem of sexually cheating and its impact on divorce.Since I cannot guarantee or rely on luck to solve this for me I choose instead to accept it as possibility and choose instead to understand how I would deal with it should it occur.

There"s no need for detailed logic on this specific point other then I came to the conclusion that sex does not equal love.

This is a major realization because it fundamentally changes how infidelity can be handled in a marriage. Point of fact it means I have another entire line of choices from which I can decide how to handle and what to do should infidelity occur.

What followed was complex but came out to this in simpler terms.
Sex without love is not cheating.

Naturally concerns of medical nature (std"s and the like) mean different outcomes but that is a given. The logic is complicated but workable.

The final part of this was "How would I feel if she were to sleep around?" which as I already mentioned in my 30 year scenario was simply a drop of water to our ocean of memories. (in other words I don"t believe it would matter to me at that point for the bond is stronger then simple sex)

Something you have to understand is while this might seem sad, or disheartning to you it is comforting and warm to me. Logic is something that makes sense to me. Luck and emotionally made decisions are what get on my nerves. I don"t believe in waiting for things to happen. I believe in preparing and making changes so I can see my desired outcome. I believe in collecting and known information both good and bad so I can make a better decision.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
I spoiler ed this because your honestly going to ignore most of it anyway... but here it is.. your welcome to debate any point you take issue with. Ialwayswelcome debate....
Your just not getting it. Your missing something. Maybe your tired. Your going to make me stab myself in the eye with a pencil.