Girls who broke your heart thread

Invisus_foh

shitlord
Ronaan said:
Hah.
Same here, I mean, I"m not getting younger.

The ridiculous part is that Steph once said she"s tired of looking around, just wants to settle down, do the "house + 2 kids + dog" thing, and I thought I had finally foundthe right one.

Steph"s friend also said that after all the bad luck Steph had with guys, she deserves someone like me finally. Oh yeah great.
(I think I already wrote this one in an earlier post, can"t remember).

I think instead of spamming I"ll just go to bed now.
It sucks man. If women knew what they wanted, and wanted what was good for them, this thread wouldn"t be here. But don"t let it get you down. You will find one who appreciates what you offer.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
bofa said:
well the problem is..this girl in jersey is in close to 98.121% of my facebook pictures and new girl wants to be friends on facebook...I could take them down..then jersey girl would think something"s up.

I told the new girl I hardly ever go on anymore and it"s pointless yada yada yada..so that my buy me some time heh
Grow up and delete your facebook account.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Although she did voice her disappointment that I hadn"t sent her flowers on Mother"s Day awhile back
Is she a mother? I realize it"s a bullshit holiday as it is, but chicks expecting stuff like that when the day isn"t even specifically about them has always confused me.

Aulirophile_foh

shitlord
Ronaan said:
Well your analogy is a bit off... but I think I get the point.
(I"m not moderately attractive, we weren"t drunk, it was not just one weekend)

The "I still like you, let"s not avoid each other" proposal was from her, so she should not be uncomfortable around me.

Either way, I"ll wait a few weeks or so before going after someone new. Won"t harm me to reboot my brain or something.
The reason it doesn"t makes sense is because it is all bullshit... o_O

She said whatever she thought would make you feel better, it doesn"t mean she"s actually gonna just "decide" not to feel awkward. This is girl speak. Lemme translate "I thought I was looking to settle down, but watching me while I sleep, complimenting me all the time, and being so devoted is kind of creepy. I need to step back from this but because you didn"t precisely do anything wrong I"m going to pretend the issue is all mine, because I don"t want to make you feel bad. I"ll do anything, give you any false hope, say I"ll be your friend, not to hurt you, because you don"t really deserve to be hurt when any one thing you did could be considered "just being a nice guy." This slow approach will allow us both to save face and create a little distance from the pain ending a relationship brings, before we actually have to experience it."

Something to that effect. The emotional context is what is important when girls say things, they aren"t trying to communicate effectively, they are trying to achieve specific emotional states in themselves and the person they are talking to.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Invisus said:
When you actually do find the right girl who falls for you just as much as you for her. After time, you will both settle into a comfortable relationship and simply enjoy spending time. No more games, no more headaches. Until one of you does something to screw it up, the trust goes out the window, and the downward spiral begins.
See, I"d like to be that optimistic about shit, but what you described was exactly what I had with Anne for the first 4-6 weeks of the relationship. I know I know, that"s not a lot of time, but we had been hanging out so often that it seemed like much longer, and in that time SHE was the one wanting to hang out that often and so on.

Then bang, shit goes sideways. Chicks

Lusiphur said:
Stop this. Really. She failed here, you didn"t. She was a tad too young and couldn"t handle what you had to offer.
I don"t necessarily agree. She"s 25 in a month, I just turned 28. There isn"t some huge delta in age or maturity here. She"s established in a career and wanted a long term relationship, after several years of dysfunctional ones.

I am going to say something here and you probably wont like it but it is the truth. You are dating woman that are too young and outside your social strata. To the younger, less settled ones (Chuck, Anne) you present a daunting facade to them. They probably aren"t ready for what you have to offer. On the other hand Xerxes was just a bit too much of a game player but you didn"tintimidateher by just being who you are.
Xerxes is best described as a pretentious, gold digging loud mouth to be honest now that I look back. No question that the whole Chuck thing was doomed to failure no matter what. But Anne on the other hand I don"t think fits what you"re describing. But I could be wrong!

Alcestis said:
Is she a mother? I realize it"s a bullshit holiday as it is, but chicks expecting stuff like that when the day isn"t even specifically about them has always confused me.
haha, no! I didn"t explain very well. We had been talking about Mother"s Day, how all the teachers at her school get flowers (not to mention how much gossip goes around), so I had joked that I was going to send her flowers as well to stir the pot. A week or two after she asked why I hadn"t sent her them, that she had actually kind of half expected some. I just laughed and said another time, and filed it away as something I would do as a nice surprise at some point.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
heh, funny how the world goes round. I was just leaving the office and got a text that said "Buddy. Chuck. lol" I just assumed it was a wrong number or something because I didn"t recognize the number. Turned out it was my buddy"s bro Matty (the very definition of a manwhore, he treats women like absolute shit yet they love him for it) and he was having some drinks on the patio at the place she works at, and she had joined him and somehow the connection was made that they both knew me (I"m kind of a big deal). I was taking my crotch rocket home, and figured I"d go for a rip and drop by for a beer. Nothing much to report really, we chatted a bit and things didn"t seem awkward or weird at all. She"s pushed back her Australia plans ("I"ve got 4 grand saved!" That"s nice), and so on.

I got up to leave and put my jacket on, and she immediately turned around and put her hands out for a hug. I was like "no, no hugs, I"m covered in insects" and she acted all offended, I gave her a squeeze, told her it was nice seeing her, and that"s about it.

It was good seeing her, actually. While I still find her extremely attractive physically, I didn"t really feel much otherwise. Don"t get me wrong I"d hit it in a second, but it was nice to confirm that I"m past that.

Hopefully Matty hits that like the fist of an angry god and doesn"t call her, and all will be right in the world.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
No, like I said she had turned her back away from me jokingly; we were sitting at the bar. I just kinda gave her shoulder and love handle area a quick squeeze, said it was good seeing her and that was that. I didn"t hug her out of courtesy, that jacket is disgusting.

You guys are kinda missing what he said. He said "No hugs" not because he was holding back from her for some arbitrary reason, he did it because he was wearing his riding jacket covered in nasty ass insects and shit...

How was that hard to pick up on, he wrote it right there...?

Zarniwoop_foh

shitlord
Vatoreus said:
How was that hard to pick up on, he wrote it right there...?
What, now we have to actually read threads? Shit, give me a break.

Eomer: buck up, champ. I think a lot of guys would kill for your dating success rate, even though it hasn"t achieved a complete long term win. Seriously, you"ve banged three chicks in the past few months, which is >>>>>>>>>>banging 0 chicks.

I think what you"re experiencing is pretty normal. Of all the women out there, there"s a subset that are date-able, a further subset that are suitable for a long-term relationship (> 6 months) and a further subset that are wife material. Eventually you"ll hit on someone in the latter category.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Four actually, one of the girls that was on my trip to Japan. And a few heavy petting incidents here and there on ski trips. And yeah, I don"t know that I"m doing anything differently other than just having made the decision back in the fall to "put myself out there" more, but I went from maybe dating or hooking up with a girl once or twice a year to whatever it is that I"m doing now (no word from Anne).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
"How many mushrooms you want?"

First I"ve heard from her since Sunday, and that"s what she comes up with? Got it last night at about 9:30, just sent her an email back asking how much her cousin has and for what price. It was probably the last thing we talked about on Sunday, after The Talk, strolling back to her car we were talking about camping etc and how zoomers are good times and convenient when going back country (she"s never done them), she said her cousin was getting a bunch and she could probably get me some.

No idea about anything else, but at least I will have some zoomers for camping on Canada Day!

bofa_sl

shitlord
bring some oj as it makes it better ^_^

quick question..after the kiss goodbye on the date, told her to give me a call to hang out again before she goes to a wedding this weekend..she said she would call weds/thurs.

this was monday..shot her a text tuesday about a google debate we were having, didn"t get a response.

should I shoot her a text later on tonight if I don"t hear anything? or just let it be??

thx all

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If she"s already ignoring your texts after a first day thats a pretty bleak sign. I"d say call her (almost at this point I"d assume she wouldn"t answer) and see what happens.

Question, why did you tellherto callyou? Thats breaking a huge rule.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
bofa said:
what is this said rule?

/shrug..make sure she was interested I suppose?
If you tell her to call you you"re giving her the power, you"re putting the ball in her court.

bofa_sl

shitlord
and she"s a teacher..I assumed she wasn"t in it to "play the games etc etc" and if I break one rule and never hear from her again..hah not worth the time imho

**and if she wants to see me again then she would call? if not..then not going to waste the effort..sort of like an acid test?**