Girls who broke your heart thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its not about playing the game its about common dating sense. I don"t know why men this day-in-age think it is acceptable to try and act like the woman of the relationship and expect favorable results.

Men make the first few phone calls. It"s the rules. Play by them. Why give away your power when you don"t need to? You start with alot of power because she is obviously into you if she agrees to go on a date with you, utilize that.

Tenks

You can call her and hope she picks up. This isn"t an unrecoverable mismove that you"ll never be able to recover from. In the future, however, make sure you give her a very loose timeline for when you"ll call next. Say like "I"ll call you in a couple of days" and call 3 days later. If you want to tell her like Wed/Thur make sure to call Thursday. Let her stew for a day, you see how well it worked on you However do not call her after the day you said. It"s just an impolite and dick move that won"t be respected.

Tenks

When does she get off work? I"d suggest a bit later like 7 or 8 is generally when I make my calls.

Tenks

Gotya. 4 still seems sort of early but do what you feel comfortable with. Make sure not to give the call too much thought. Don"t be nervous and just let the conversation flow naturally. If it goes longer than 10 minutes I"d start saying you need to get going and try to set up a date for the weekend.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
bofa said:
what is this said rule?

/shrug..make sure she was interested I suppose?
Stop thinking about rules. All these "rules" are completely stupid. You are taking advice from people who can"t even get a date, or maintain a relationship (or their idea of getting some is cybering on AIM.)

You have to think about what is actually happening. She didn"t answer a text - so what? That doesn"t mean anything. Quit freaking out about it. People are busy. I always forget to return texts. Sometimes I"ll type a text and I think it sent but it didn"t finish the send process and it sits unsent (I"ve been waiting for hours for a reply and I had never sent the text!) Some people just don"t find it important to reply right away.

Quit thinking that it"s all about you. The girl has a life, and she"s probably busy with it. You"re already being a little girl and you"re going to ruin the whole thing.

By the way, all this game shit is retarded. I now agree with the people who used to say that all the Mystery Method shit is only good at getting stupid girls in bed. It has no bearing on getting a decent girl, and it certainly does not apply to relationships.

Being in a relationship is all about finding the right girl (and you being the right guy for that girl.) That"s all there is to it. When you"re with the right person, you"ll finally know it. It will be effortless. She won"t make you worry or over think stupid things. Things will just click.

I"m currently two months into the best thing I"ve ever had in my life. We had the best first date probably in history, and it"s been smooth sailing ever since. The day after the great 1st date I was all worried about "the game" and was not going to call for a couple of days. She ended up texting me that day and it was the biggest relief of my life.

We"ve hung out every day except for 2 since that first date, and I"ve spent at least the last 30-35 nights with her (either at her place or mine.) We basically are almost living together - we just don"t have any issues. No stupid jealousy, no annoyances, we are just two chilled out people who get along amazingly well. Weeks after the first date I said how I was all debating to call or not the next day cause of all the rules, and she said she would have found it disgusting if I tried to play any of the stupid game shit with her.

Just chill the hell out and quit worrying about your text. If you want to call her, call her.

bofa_sl

shitlord
hah I guess you"re right in some respects. it"s been forever since I"ve been in the dating and it seems in order to get a girl nowadays you gotta do all this fucking stupid shit for it to happen. i can relate it to camping the AC in southern ro..running around, killing all the placeholders to get the bitch to spawn

anywho, I called her..got message...she called back 10 minutes later when I was on the other line and left a message. she"s working on lesson plans tonight, and wants to meet up later as she"s headed away for a wedding this weekend.

i"ll give her a buzz later I suppose

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
bofa said:
hah I guess you"re right in some respects. it"s been forever since I"ve been in the dating and it seems in order to get a girl nowadays you gotta do all this fucking stupid shit for it to happen. i can relate it to camping the AC in southern ro..running around, killing all the placeholders to get the bitch to spawn

anywho, I called her..got message...she called back 10 minutes later when I was on the other line and left a message. she"s working on lesson plans tonight, and wants to meet up later as she"s headed away for a wedding this weekend.

i"ll give her a buzz later I suppose
Good to hear that! Sounds like you have another date. Hope it goes well and let us know!

I"m trying not to read much into it, but I think the "gaming" things people talked about earlier can still be useful for someone looking for a good natured girl and a solid relationship over SlutWhore001. Learning how to flirt, taking a step back and really studying how people interact... I think for many people it"s still really useful especially in the early stages of a relationship.

The thing that"s important, I think, is eventually you have to take off the training wheels and just be yourself. If the relationship fails after that, learn from it and try again.

I only really subscribe to the whole "Mystery Method" thing in the initial phases, and really I find it enlightening just to think about stuff that I already kind of did anyways. You can"t be relying on that stuff forever, but I think it"s still a pretty useful tool for a lot of people that may have trouble talking to women. Personally I"m pretty on or off, some nights I"m on fire and can chat up a whole room of women, others I"m awkward and strike out constantly. Studying a bit of the gaming methods help bring consistency, and I don"t think that"s a bad thing.

If you"re in a year long relationship and still giving her negs and shit, then I think you"d have a problem.

edit:
I see what you"re saying Ach but I imagine even with your new girl you still did some of the stuff Mystery preaches whether you did it knowingly or not. Maybe not to the extremes that you previously did, but I find it hard to believe you totally forgot everything you learned. To disallow the guys who can"t naturally chat a girl up to learn a few pointers is unfair, imo. And really, girls probably spend an inordinate amount of time learning the whole back and forth game, reading cosmos, talking amongst themselves, or getting hit on constantly, whether they like it or not. Girls spend hours getting themselves ready to go to the bar, bbq etc, why can"t guys do the same? As long as people still act as themselves in the end, I wouldn"t look down on anyone trying to work at being better with women.

bofa_sl

shitlord
much <3 for all in the thread, no need for all hate. I"ve taken most everyones advice, mixed it in with my own intuition and thus far it"s worked well.

she texted me last night when I was out for some drinks and wanted to meet up. buy her a few drinks and she has to take off early for a wedding so she heads home around 11ish. got a longer kiss goodnight, so overall a success I suppose?

told her I"ll call her next Wednesday, so we"ll go from there.

thx for advice fellas

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
How about we reflect back to the past, when you all were told to shut the fuck up. Another idea! How about you two-liner shitheads that haven"t contributed to the thread short of insulting posters do something for the rest of the people here;put out or get out(I always wanted to say that).

Aychamo, don"t act surprised when you attack peoples advice and they do the same to you (and no-one act surprised when I post that I"m sick of you assholes making this stellar thread suck)! To Aychamo"s Reply Club; go to his profile and leave whatever you think on his personal page (I believe they"re called Visitor Messages, which he is able to reply to). That way the rest of us who want to read funny, sad, pathetic, inspiring and/or creepy stories can do so in peace (ie: without you douchebags acting 2 year olds with buckets on your heads yelling, "Wook at me!"), and people who want to see you shits go back and forth, can do so via visiting Aychamo"s profile.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Take note you guys used almost an entire page going full-retard.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Hey! If he"s gonna make low blows about cybering, I will most certainly aim for his sore spot in this thread.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Tenks said:
Gotya. 4 still seems sort of early but do what you feel comfortable with. Make sure not to give the call too much thought. Don"t be nervous and just let the conversation flow naturally. If it goes longer than 10 minutes I"d start saying you need to get going and try to set up a date for the weekend.
Since we all got bitch slapped by Rav, I"d still like to continue the discussion, in a civil manner, about how much game is needed in relationships.

I may have been wrong that zero game is needed once you meet the right girl. But I think that depends on how much is considered "game" and how much is just not being a "needy" person. That is, is it right to refer to common sense as game?

For instance, I"m in a really good thing right now and we practically live together. Still, if I send a text message to my girlfriend, I"ll always wait for a reply before I send anything else. She always calls or texts back. Her work allows her to check her phone for about 6 minutes out of one or two hours, so she stays busy. I would never send multiple texts "oh my god why haven"t you answered?" or anything needy like that. Is that game or just not being needy? I don"t know.

I pick on her a bit, and I always try to keep her entertained by acting goofy. Is this considered cocky funny or am I just being myself?

I think it boils mainly down to not being an annoying needy person. I don"t think it"s any sort of game or method, and I certainly didn"t apply on to this relationship. I just gave her a really great first date, showed her my personality and have been A+ since then. Who knows.