Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
Aren"t you the person who"s only put his penis inside one vagina his entire life?
Where did i fucking say that? I"m married, so I"ve only fucked one girl?

I see where the mental disconnect lies with you idiots.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Tenks said:
Can I just say it irritates me to no end how dudes refer to their friend"s as "bud" or "buddy." I"m not even sure why it"s just so annoying to hear "Hey yeah my buddy and I were out last night." It seems like something you"d see on the back of an Ed Hardy shirt.
I choose it over friend because friend kinda sounds like you"re 12 and read comic books together. Much preferable is mate, but alas I was not born in Australia or the UK.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Dabamf said:
I choose it over friend because friend kinda sounds like you"re 12 and read comic books together. Much preferable is mate, but alas I was not born in Australia or the UK.
I dunno about mate, but buddy works fine. Maybe we should get a movement going to bring matey back though.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Campari said:
Reading what you"ve posted throughout this thread Eomer, honestly I think maybe you should just stop trying so hard to meet someone. You"d be surprised how much easier it is to meet women when you aren"t constantly worrying about it and prowling restaurants or your brother"s wedding.
Just cause I post about it here doesn"t mean I"m running around, "prowling" for bitches. I mean realistically since my breakup with Anne in late June, I"ve gone on a date with the PoF chick and the chick from my bro"s wedding. This third one I only mentioned to my bud as finding her attractive, he took it upon himself to hook things up more or less. I"m not trying overly hard at all I would say, but taking opportunities as they arise.

On top of that why do you over-analyze everything so much? You"ve made several posts about this waitress chick and you haven"t even spoken a word to her. Christ, just walk into the restaurant and ask her out.
I over-analyze everything, not just relationships. It"s just the way my mind works. And I both find it amusing and useful to post here, at least some of the time.

Crell said:
I really can"t offer any advice whatsoever, the toughest loss I"ve ever had to go through was putting my dog down, and that"s not even in the same ballpark. My sincere condolences.

Dabamf said:
And because you overthink things, here is a step guide generalized to relationships. There is one simple rule: Do not move on to, or think about, the next step until you have completely the previous step.
lol, you"re being semi-smartassed, but honestly that"s pretty good advice for me.

Tenks said:
Can I just say it irritates me to no end how dudes refer to their friend"s as "bud" or "buddy." I"m not even sure why it"s just so annoying to hear "Hey yeah my buddy and I were out last night." It seems like something you"d see on the back of an Ed Hardy shirt.
Maybe it"s local lingo, I don"t know. I would say bud vs. buddy 90% of the time, as Buddy"s is THE local gay bar. I dunno, friend sounds like such a formal term, and one that you"d use for everyone from mild aquaintances to lifelong friends. "Bud" or "bro" or whatever implies, to me anyway, that it"s a dude I"m pretty good friends with that I hang out with on a regular basis. What nomenclature would you like sir?

TheCutlery said:
I dunno about mate, but buddy works fine. Maybe we should get a movement going to bring matey back though.
Matey is just plain old wicked gay.

So instead of calling off the bat I texted the girl, since I wasn"t sure about her schedule etc. She responded back a few hours later apologizing for not responding sooner, she was writing a paper and had her phone off (nursing student). I didn"t respond as I was asleep on the couch by the time she did, intent is to set up a good time for a quick phone call, to set up a date of some sort.

In the "hilariously coincidental" column, I receive the following text 5 times from Anne last night, within 20 minutes of the other girl"s response:

"You don"t think I"m a horrible person, do you?"

No idea if it she meant to do that, or if it"s Telus fucking up. I get some texts twice fairly often, and three times once or twice, but never more than that. We have had pretty much no communication since the week or two after the breakup and the couple texts exchanged at Folk Fest where we saw each other from a distance but avoided each other. I really have no idea what she"s been up to, if she got back together with her previous guy or was seeing someone else, so who knows what motivated her to send that. My response was:

"Depends on the day

Any particular reason you ask? And did you mean to send that 5 times?"

At this point I"m really seeing quite clearly how much of a head case she is, when it wasn"t obvious (to me anyway) at all when we dated.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So Sunday I was in a rush to get over to a female friends place before I had dinner with Nodrama-Ex. female friend was sick so I stopped off at Olive Garden and picked up some of her favorite soup to take over to her and on the way I had to stop and get what little hair I have left cut.

So I stop at a Great Clips near my house and there is this good looking girl who asks for my information...this was totally unplanned and unintentional but this is how it went down.

Her--What"s your phone number?

Me--Uhhhhh....hell I don"t remember, I never call myself and it"s somewhat a new line...

Her--Well let me look you up by name...whats your last name?

Me--"Insert last name here"

Her--"Phil?"

Me--"Yep thats me"

Her--"Well your number is xxx-xxxx"

Me--"Huh...usually it"s me giving my number to attractive women, not attractive women giving my number to me..."

She smiled and laughed, we did the usual convo you get when you your hair cut then I go to pay, she gives me her card.

Her--"Here"s my card so you can request me if you want next time, also my number is on the back if you want to get a drink sometime"

I suppressed my shock, smiled told her I would have to take her up on that, apologized that I had to run and took off.

Took the soup over to female friend, we chatted for a bit, something more may be brewing there, I"m not sure...she"s hard as hell to read and I"m not putting the effort into reading it when i have easier options available.

Dinner with Nodrama Ex went well, no complaints nothing really out of the ordinary. After dinner Went back to her place for awhile, watched a movie...I showed her how to make popcorn on her stove top with a cast iron skillet she for some reason now thinks I"m Bobby Flay or something because she was still amazed by it today. After the movie we kissed good night and that was that. It was enjoyable, relaxed and looking forward to see"ing her again.

Of the 3 I"m seeing shes at the front of the pack, after my last relationship though I"m assuming nothing and continuing to see whoever I want to until a rock solid option is presented to me.

Zeitgeist_foh

shitlord
Tarrant220 said:
Of the 3 I"m seeing shes at the front of the pack, after my last relationship though I"m assuming nothing and continuing to see whoever I want to until a rock solid option is presented to me.
I have to say, I wouldn"t have expected this behavior from you some time ago. I think you do the right thing anyway, but I am bad with advices because I am one of those guys who cuts any ties.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Nice, love it when a chick approaches you! I had a chick do that recently to me, I was a little taken back by it but she seems pretty cool.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I"ve no problem with dating around as long as everyone is on the same page, I"ve had my heart broken, I"ve no interest in doing that to someone else.

I have a hard time cutting off ties with anyone regardless of what happened...well within reason.

Even Recent-Ex I still talk to, am kind of friends with. I still have some feelings for her, shes told me she has them for me. However I"m not dumb enough to go back to that with the way she is now so I"ll continue doing my own thing.

Still looking for long term, we"ll see what happens in the coming weeks.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
brekk said:
Lulz amirite?!
Man honestly..the Great Clips girl....I would have thought was way out of my league, if I could seal that deal...fuck. I shot her a text this afternoon, It"s looking like we"re meeting up on Saturday....but shit got weird.

She lives near Recent-Ex...they went to school together.

I live in an area with close to a million people in the combined surrounding area....and really? Fuck this small world shit. Granted I don"t know if they know each other and I"ve no intention of asking...but it"s...odd.

chu_foh

shitlord
Tarrant220 said:
She lives near Recent-Ex...they went to school together.
Let me get how this went:

You: oh cool, my ex lives there.

Her: oh yeah, who?

You: Well I"m an idiot so I will totally give you her name.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
no, I know they went to school together because she told me shes lived in her town all her life and there is only a year age difference between her and Recent-Ex.

I don"t talk about ex"s with women I"m dating unless I"m in an actual relationship with them and they request the information.

Campari_foh

shitlord
Tarrant220 said:
no, I know they went to school together because she told me shes lived in her town all her life and there is only a year age difference between her and Recent-Ex.
How does that imply that they went to school together? Surely there"s multiple schools in a city of a million +.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Campari said:
How does that imply that they went to school together? Surely there"s multiple schools in a city of a million +.
She"s in the burbs, only one high school there..high school at least...in her town, I know this from Recent-Ex telling me, if you want to go to other schools here outside your district it"s fairly expensive. I mean there is a small chance of her going elsewhere, but not to high.

On an unrelated note it"s the total surrounding area is around a million, not one city.

Whyme_foh

shitlord
She"s in the burbs, only one high school there..high school at least...in her town, I know this from Recent-Ex telling me, if you want to go to other schools here outside your district it"s fairly expensive. I mean there is a small chance of her going elsewhere, but not to high.

On an unrelated note it"s the total surrounding area is around a million, not one city.
I think you may be overreacting.

Just don"t bring up your ex and you"ll be fine.

Shanter_foh

shitlord
Why does this even matter? Were they friends or something? Jesus man, are you afraid this girl you are talking to is going to go out of her way to talk to your ex and ask what went wrong? Grow up.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Shanter said:
Why does this even matter? Were they friends or something? Jesus man, are you afraid this girl you are talking to is going to go out of her way to talk to your ex and ask what went wrong? Grow up.
He just said it was weird, what"s everyone so pissy about?