Girls who broke your heart thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heylel Teomim said:
Emergency bachelor party planning just got dumped in my lap for my uber-Christian cousin and his fun phobic buddies.

Christ. Wish I could just drop them at the titty bar and go home, but my grandmother would keel over dead.
Just get some sparkling grape juice. A couple Creed CD"s and some funny movies, you"ll be good bro.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What about price range? Any good go cart tracks in the area? Winter sports? Concert, pro-sports game, sky diving?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I"m probably being a little harsh. My cousin is an alright guy but just kindof a fuddy duddy. His brother, the best man, is in seminary school, so I think one of his college friends is "planning" things.

I just started getting the emails yesterday, and his idea of a good time was, "hey let"s go to a sports bar!". I don"t know any of his friends, and I"m just in the wedding because of my last name, so I might not be giving these guys enough credit.

In any event, the guy"s come to me now and more or less said he has no idea what to do or where to go in the city, so he wants me to pick a place. I"m trying to steer things towards PG-13 entertainment where I can at least get smashed and have fun myself.

If it comes to it, I"ll call in a buddy and we"ll herd them to the Pink Pony, and I"ll just deal with the family fallout.

So far, I"m looking at taking them to the Porter, one of the better gastropub / beer bars in Atlanta, and winging it from there. It"s got to be on a Thursday, which sucks for finding a crowd. The holy grail of a bachelor party is to run into a bachelorette party, but I don"t see that happening. Just have to find a place with a decent ratio and embarrass him / use him to pick up women.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Heh, I always find it interesting to see the contrasts between bachelor parties. The ones my close friends or their brothers have had tend to be elaborate: weekend in Vegas, weekend in Banff, houseboating trip etc where they"re multi-day extravaganzas of too much booze and everything else that comes with it.

Then I"ll go to the stag of someone I"m not as close with, and they end up being an okay dinner somewhere followed by a shitty strip club or if not a dance club, home by 1am.

Hell for my bro in law"s stag I got in shit from my sister because I took some pictures of him laying bare assed naked face down in his bed because he"d left the bar at like midnight for being too drunk. Lame. Yet every time I run in to some of his friends that were there that night they all think it was the greatest night ever.

I guess what I"m getting at is that I wouldn"t sweat it too much, if anything them being a bit straight laced makes it that much easier to meet their expectations.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I know, it"s just not meeting mine. I"m like you, in that I"d rather go big. I"m firmly of the belief that the bachelor party isnotabout the bachelor. It"s bribery to get his friends to stand up there on a brightly lit stage in an uncomfortable tux and take orders from his overstressed bridge for a day.

I understand not having money to throw at a weekend trip, or some crazy huge plans, but someone should have put some effort into it. So far the only ideas anyone has put forward are a shitty sports bar with taps at the tables (which I had to explain is just a fancy way for the bar to charge you for foam and spillage), and skeet shooting in the afternoon. That barely qualifies as a Saturday, much less a party.

I"m hoping these guys are cool and at least know how to hold their drink. If not, I"ll start making some calls and bring in reinforcements.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Heylel Teomim said:
I"m hoping these guys are cool and at least know how to hold their dink. If not, I"ll start making some calls and bring in reinforcements.
Reinforcements as in guys who know how to really hold their dinks for ya? No wonder a normal strip club isn"t good enough for you.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sutekh said:
Just get some sparkling grape juice. A couple Creed CD"s and some funny movies, you"ll be good bro.
Sounds like a one-way trip to killing myself! Poor guy.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Heylel Teomim said:
Emergency bachelor party planning just got dumped in my lap for my uber-Christian cousin and his fun phobic buddies.

Christ. Wish I could just drop them at the titty bar and go home, but my grandmother would keel over dead.
LAN party and install some WolfQuest on the boxes? Fun for all ages and religions.

Shanter_foh

shitlord
Heylel, I"m doing a bachelor party this weekend as well. We got a hotel room off 12th street, think we"re just gonna go to a pub like Der Biergarten and maybe a strip club (Pony or Tattletales, fuck the Cheetah). Just take them to a good beer place, or go bar hoping in decatur. I always have fun doing that.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
That"s pretty much the plan I think. I tried moving shit to Friday, but with the wedding at 6pm Saturday, it"s very unlikely I"ll get the go ahead for it.

Stay the fuck away from Tattletales. That place is dire. The Cheetah is too expensive yeah, but the Pony is the only strip club that"s both reasonable and reasonably attractive.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
Heh, I always find it interesting to see the contrasts between bachelor parties. The ones my close friends or their brothers have had tend to be elaborate: weekend in Vegas, weekend in Banff, houseboating trip etc where they"re multi-day extravaganzas of too much booze and everything else that comes with it.

Then I"ll go to the stag of someone I"m not as close with, and they end up being an okay dinner somewhere followed by a shitty strip club or if not a dance club, home by 1am.

Hell for my bro in law"s stag I got in shit from my sister because I took some pictures of him laying bare assed naked face down in his bed because he"d left the bar at like midnight for being too drunk. Lame. Yet every time I run in to some of his friends that were there that night they all think it was the greatest night ever.

I guess what I"m getting at is that I wouldn"t sweat it too much, if anything them being a bit straight laced makes it that much easier to meet their expectations.
Not everyone can be awesome like you bro

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wait, you"re in Atlanta? Fuck it, take them to the Clermont. Afterwards, they"ll thank you for teaching them to appreciate things like breathing.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It"s amazingly tempting to dump them at the Clermont and then bail. It"s barely a strip club; it"s more like a social experiment or a "scared straight" program. I"m just not that cruel.

Shanter_foh

shitlord
HAHA! I literally live walking distance from the Clermont. If you do drop them off there, let me know in advance so I can laugh at the utter horror on their faces.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Heylel Teomim said:
Stay the fuck away from Tattletales. That place is dire. The Cheetah is too expensive yeah, but the Pony is the only strip club that"s both reasonable and reasonably attractive.
Oasis is a goodtime emporium.