Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
This is probably the real reason. Some (most) people just don"t handle money well. Eomer is one of the guys that do (or at least seem to, based upon his internet persona). Other people think they"re automatically critics of the fine arts just because their parents are rich. They have a refined pallet and can"t sleep on less than 800 thread count sheets because they can tell the difference. It"s amusing if you"re looking at it from the outside. Probably not so much when you"re involved romantically with it.
Growing up my family was upper middle class, not rich. I"ve not gone back and looked in to what the company was making in the 80"s and 90"s, but it"s nowhere near what it is these days (although there"s also more mouths to feed). Regardless, my parents did well and we were raised to almost be ashamed of having money (funny anecdote my godparents love telling, I was driving somewhere with them when I was like 6 and someone asked me if we were rich, to which I responded "we"re not rich, we"re wealthy!"). Certainly not to brag about it or rub it in people"s faces. My dad won"t let anyone in to our garage at the office, and doesn"t want people to know what"s in it (the "96 Turbo and "08 GT2 will soon be joined by an "09 F430 and "99 F360, to go with the "daily" driving RS4 and 2 @ 335xi, things are getting out of hand between the three of us). That"s just the way we were raised. I"ve got pretty down home tastes for most shit, I mean I"ll spend money on stuff I enjoy, but I don"t feel the need to drink $100 wine and $50 cigars just because I can afford to.

So yeah, coming across someone who seems intent on proving to everyone around them that they"ve got money or that they have ultra refined tastes is somewhat off-putting. Like I said, the wine and food connoisseur act was old by the second time I met her. I mean the first time I met her within 5 minutes she"d sent a Stella back because it was too skunky. Then order something in a brown bottle, for fuck"s sake (it was pretty skunky I admit).

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Eomer said:
Growing up my family was upper middle class, not rich. I"ve not gone back and looked in to what the company was making in the 80"s and 90"s, but it"s nowhere near what it is these days (although there"s also more mouths to feed). Regardless, my parents did well and we were raised to almost be ashamed of having money (funny anecdote my godparents love telling, I was driving somewhere with them when I was like 6 and someone asked me if we were rich, to which I responded "we"re not rich, we"re wealthy!"). Certainly not to brag about it or rub it in people"s faces. My dad won"t let anyone in to our garage at the office, and doesn"t want people to know what"s in it (the "96 Turbo and "08 GT2 will soon be joined by an "09 F430 and "99 F360, to go with the "daily" driving RS4 and 2 @ 335xi, things are getting out of hand between the three of us). That"s just the way we were raised. I"ve got pretty down home tastes for most shit, I mean I"ll spend money on stuff I enjoy, but I don"t feel the need to drink $100 wine and $50 cigars just because I can afford to.

So yeah, coming across someone who seems intent on proving to everyone around them that they"ve got money or that they have ultra refined tastes is somewhat off-putting. Like I said, the wine and food connoisseur act was old by the second time I met her. I mean the first time I met her within 5 minutes she"d sent a Stella back because it was too skunky. Then order something in a brown bottle, for fuck"s sake (it was pretty skunky I admit).
So basically your parents are rich and you got lucky. Congrats man you"re awesome!

Edit: I"m joking of course.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Shutup said:
Grab her titties from the front!
edit- w/ fingernail polish on
Underneath my nails, they get red; when titties are grabbed with force.

Vatoreus said:
fuck off gauges are win.
Is that what you folks think of them as? Some sort of badassery? When I see them I think "ah, socially inept dipshit I have nothing in common with." Then I "fuck off" by ignoring them because I don"t communicate with lesser life forms when avoidable.

Except on message boards, of course.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Azrayne said:
Maybe the age difference is the issue? Given her incessant jealousy combined with her distrust of your internet use, it sounds quite likely that she"s worried that she"ll lose you to a younger, more attractive woman without the baggage of kids etc.
Yes, that seems to be the underlying issue.

But how do I fix it, i.e. assure her that it"s not the case?
What use is a 19 year old with a smoking body and the personality of a wireless keyboard?
Oh wait...

She actually got off the "oh I"m so old and you"ll leave me for someone younger" rickshaw, but will soon enough hop on again.

Desidero_foh

shitlord
Ronaan said:
Yes, that seems to be the underlying issue.

But how do I fix it, i.e. assure her that it"s not the case?
What use is a 19 year old with a smoking body and the personality of a wireless keyboard?
Oh wait...

She actually got off the "oh I"m so old and you"ll leave me for someone younger" rickshaw, but will soon enough hop on again.
You probably can"t. Divorced moms with trust issues = damaged goods, especially at that age. Younger people seem to bounce back from stuff a bit easier. Old people are jaded anyway, so that just adds to it. Itmaybe something you can fix over averylong period of time. Is it worth it to you?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Desidero said:
You probably can"t. Divorced moms with trust issues = damaged goods, especially at that age. Younger people seem to bounce back from stuff a bit easier. Old people are jaded anyway, so that just adds to it. Itmaybe something you can fix over averylong period of time. Is it worth it to you?
Yeah if we were talking about a 25 year old, it might be something you can fix in time, but you"re talking a middle aged divorced mum, they"re usually a lot more stuck in their ways.

Honestly dude, you shouldn"t have to put up with that shit if you haven"t done anything wrong. Should lay down an ultimatum and tell her that if she can"t trust you then it"s not gonna work out.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
FoghornDeadhorn said:
Is that what you folks think of them as? Some sort of badassery? When I see them I think "ah, socially inept dipshit I have nothing in common with." Then I "fuck off" by ignoring them because I don"t communicate with lesser life forms when avoidable.

Except on message boards, of course.
Weren"t you banned or something for a while? God keep this bullshit out of this thread guys.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just two sexually repressed forum warriors tangentally releasing nerd rage. Take standard measures: ignore/laugh at.