Girls who broke your heart thread

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Watch and learn young one. Live life like this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DOvq8FsiUE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DOvq8FsiUE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Snugglebear said:
It"s just a joke from an american movie called The 40-Year-Old Virgin. I guess it means that you are treating a woman (the pussy) too nice (as if she were a golden idol deserving to be placed upon a pedestal, like in Indiana Jones, tell me you have Indiana Jones in fucking Germany for fuck"s sake man).
I think I have that movie somewhere and shall watch it tonight to educate myself. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah maybe I treated her too nice, but in my imaginary world, treating your partner nice is somewhat expected... ah fuck.

bofa_sl

shitlord
hey fellas..sorry I haven"t actively participated in a while. Just wanted to drop in and ask a quick question.

Met a girl on Saturday night, great conversation, we both were the DD out of the groups. I can tell she"s a tad older than I am off the rip, find out she"s 27 and I lie and tell her I"m 25.

Now really, I"m only 23 heh. We"re going out to grab some sushi tonight and I wanted to test her out and see how the first date goes, show her that she can"t tell the difference and then drop the "Oh, I didn"t want you to get freaked out because you"re so hawt and that"s why I lied about my age" maybe on the second or third date if we make it from there.

thoughts?

Jabberwhacky_foh

shitlord
Telling her probably won"t matter. However, when she reveals that she also lied and she"s actually 31, that might be another story.

23 to 25 ain"t no thang. 16 to 18 is. Even 18 to 20. But 23 to 25? Pshaw.

niteflyx_foh

shitlord
bofa said:
hey fellas..sorry I haven"t actively participated in a while. Just wanted to drop in and ask a quick question.

Met a girl on Saturday night, great conversation, we both were the DD out of the groups. I can tell she"s a tad older than I am off the rip, find out she"s 27 and I lie and tell her I"m 25.

Now really, I"m only 23 heh. We"re going out to grab some sushi tonight and I wanted to test her out and see how the first date goes, show her that she can"t tell the difference and then drop the "Oh, I didn"t want you to get freaked out because you"re so hawt and that"s why I lied about my age" maybe on the second or third date if we make it from there.

thoughts?
Agreed, 23-25 is not a big deal and she"ll most likely be flattered and laugh it off. Second date material.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was once dancing with the girl at a club who was celebrating her 21st birthday and asked how old I am. I told her 23, which was accurate, and she made this grimace saying "Wow you"re old."

I stopped mid song and walked back to my friends.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe let her know post sushi date, pre following date (if there is one ? If it"s something you want to pursue for more than just your wang, you should let her know sooner than later.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
I was once dancing with the girl at a club who was celebrating her 21st birthday and asked how old I am. I told her 23, which was accurate, and she made this grimace saying "Wow you"re old."

Awesome

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:

Just fucking wait until you"re 29 and start flirting with the 21 year olds that don"t know who George Carlin was and can"t relate to a life before the internet. You feel old now? Hah.

Me - "You really have no idea who George Carlin is? He had a fucking show on TV when I was in high school"
Her -- "Yeah, I was like 7."
Me -- "Goddammit"

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
bofa said:

thoughts?
I would think not until she has some solid interest shown, maybe around when you could kiss her. That way her desire blocks the potential negative of you being even younger than she thought. This is barely more than a guess though.

Regardless it"s probably important to make sure you say it in passing as if it doesn"t matter (it doesn"t). If you say it nonchalantly "oh yea I think I told you I was 25 when we met. Well I"m a liar, I"m 23, anyway back to my bullfighting story..." she may take the cue from you that it doesn"t matter and think so herself. Whereas if you make it as if its some big deal "sorry I said I was 25, I want to be honest with you I"m really 23, I hope it doesn"t change anything" then she"ll also be likely to consider it a big deal. People take cues from other people when faced with novel situations or in circumstances that they don"t have a clearly defined previous opinion about. So say it in passing, after you clearly have her interest but before she trusts you.

----
I took the combined advice of everyone to heart. I was taking my frustrations with the job and living here out on her, but she also was being a little inconsiderate. Regardless, I handled everything really poorly the past few weeks. I haven"t been myself, so I decided to hit the reset button, ignore outside influences for the week and reestablish a fresh mental state. And I"m not contacting her for the week until/unless she contacts me first (not counting simple "good morning" texts or whatever, though I"ll respond to those minimally). I"m gonna be aloof, largely for my own need but it should also help make this girl come around. I"ll know by Friday where I stand. The bonus is I"m off work at some teacher training all week and it is set up pretty much like college orientation so I actually have somethin good goin on amidst a month of shit.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
TheCutlery said:
Just fucking wait until you"re 29 and start flirting with the 21 year olds that don"t know who George Carlin was and can"t relate to a life before the internet. You feel old now? Hah.

Me - "You really have no idea who George Carlin is? He had a fucking show on TV when I was in high school"
Me -- "Goddammit"
lol, the last three girls I"ve dated had all never seen Kids in the Hall before, and one of them outright didn"t even know what it was (she was 20). The other two did, thankfully.

I"ll avoid a TLDR kind of post (edit: mission failed). So I met up with Anne for a coffee on Sunday to chat about where we were at. It went okay, I guess. Things didn"t feel awkward to me, not sure how she felt obviously. So basically she re-confirmed more or less what she said on the phone last Wednesday. She cleared up that she had been wondering about Jay for awhile, not just since Monday, and that"s why she"d been distant for the past couple weeks. So I guess I had misunderstood that aspect. She maintained that she doesn"t want to get back together with him regardless of her feelings for him, and that he didn"t indicate to her that he wanted her back when she confronted him about his lying about whether he was seeing someone new.

She did however say that she wasn"t sure about where she was at with me. Now, I have not been putting that pussy on a pedestal in any large sense. We had been hanging out quite a bit for the first while, but we had talked about it initially and agreed we were comfortable where things were at in terms of how often we see each other etc. And barely a month in to being an official couple, she had been the one to say the L word first, albeit one night while drunk and in the middle of sex. However when I had asked her about it the next day, after initially getting pretty defensive and being really embarassed, she admitted that she thought she did.

Even last week, two days before this big blow up, I had gone with her to a friend"s wedding and she twice made similar comments about how she was making "a big step" or whatever, once in reference to bringing me to the wedding (she had never brought a date to a friend"s wedding before) and also in reference to bringing a day bag to stay over (thought that one was kinda weird). So I don"t know if she was trying to convince herself of where she was at, or what.

So color me confused, I guess. Things had moved quickly, but it seemed that the feeling was mutual if not stronger on her end, and then all of a sudden she"s questioning where she"s at with me and whether or not she wants to continue with things. At one point she said she wasn"t sure what had changed, if she really was losing interest or if she was scared by how fast things had moved (she had mentioned once or twice that it seemed like she was always the one to fall hard, fast, and get hurt in past relationships).

She did say that she was optimistic that things would be fine, or at least that she would want to continue the relationship, however for the time being she needed some time on her own to get her head on straight. On top of the Jay thing, the new niece thing, and the not sure about me thing, she is also a teacher and this is obviously a very busy time of the year for her, so perhaps she"s just feeling overwhelmed with things. I agreed to leave her be for awhile and that she was to call me if she wanted to do something, otherwise she wouldn"t hear from me for the next week or two. I also reiterated that I hoped she wasn"t just saying that because it"s what I wanted to hear, and she said that was her honest thoughts on where things would go.

At one point I specifically asked if I was still to consider us a couple, and while she said yes there was definitely a slight hesitation on her part before she said yes. I pointed that out to her, in a light hearted way, and she admitted that she did have to think about it and she wasn"t 100% sure of the right answer.

For my part, I started off before she had said much and explained where I was coming from, just in terms of why I had been fairly persistent the previous week about finding out what the fuck was going on. I specifically said that I wasn"t apologizing for my behaviour ("oh, I know, you"re not the apologizing type") but that I wanted to explain why I had been "a whiny little bitch" (my words) about the whole thing. And basically the reasons were that a) I am a control freak b) I"m impatient c) I had been pretty happy with the way things were going and felt completely blindsided by this whole thing. I also told her that I knew it wasn"t a good reaction, that if anything it was driving her away, making a bigger deal out of things than need be, and so on. I told her that while I wasn"t mad at her, more just at the situation in general and that it wasn"t anyone"s fault, I was frustrated that she had kept me in the dark for as long as she had and that for the past week she had seemed to be avoiding me, busy with family and school or not, that she should have been able to find an hour or two somewhere for me prior to the weekend. She more or less repeated that she had needed time on her own and that I wasn"t helping by persisting.

So I don"t know that it went well, well would have been her saying everything was fine. But at least we have a clear understanding of where the other person stands going forward. My mind is certainly more at ease, anyway. At this point I"m going to do as we agreed and leave her be, and we"ll see where this goes in the next couple weeks. If things don"t shape up by the end of the month at the latest, then I"ll deal with it most likely by telling her it"s time to make up her fucking mind. Hopefully it doesn"t come to that.

The funny or ironic part about this was that early in the relationship we had talked a bit about how girls never seemed to know what the fuck they wanted, that they seemed to want what they couldn"t have and get bored if things go too well etc, and she had of course disagreed or at the least claimed that she wasn"t like that, that I didn"t have to play games with her like not answering calls or limiting contact or not hanging out too much, and look where we are a couple months later!

Junun_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:

Me -- "Goddammit"
It def sucks. I"m 30, just broke up with my gf of almost 2 years(in the process of moving out) and I find that when i go out to bars i have to lie about my age. I feel like such a scum bag lying about my age, but it"s better then getting blown off completely. And at least i can pass for 25 lol.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Wow a 21 yr old blowing off a23 yr old? I would have given her the wierd look like who the fuck do you think you are? Thought girls went for older guys ;p

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sorry to hear things are on the fritz, Eomer. From what you"ve told us, and from what I can garner, you"ve played your cards, if not perfectly, then at least as well as could be expected. Sometimes there are just things you can"t account for and that can"t be gotten past, no matter how awesome the first few weeks of a relationship are. I think you"re taking the right tack by giving her a chance but bracing yourself for a breakup (which sounds like it will be amicable) if it does come to that.

Best of luck.

FulorianC_foh

shitlord
Maybe we"re not such pretentious fucks about age here in Texas. I"m completely baffled about anything you guys are talking about. I would kick someone to the curb if they told me they had lied about their age... starting a relationship with lies, especially about something trivial, is a terrible omen. If you"ll lie about something trivial then you"ll lie your ASS off about something important. Lying about your age isn"t a little white lie, it"s actively deceiving another about who you are.

Anyway, I"m about to turn 23, in the last year I"ve gone as low as 17 and as high as 29, and never have any of them even remotely cared about my age, nor I theirs. Why the hell would you lie about being 23 to a 27 year old? That"s completely within each other"s range.

Brad2770

Yeah, 32 here and the women I have seriously dated in the last 2 years were 23 (Jennie- posted the pics of her on here. FoH on her tits. And we hung out more than dated. She came to my job a lot. Only fucked her that once.), 33 (Autumn. bleh... never older again), 21 (Heidi), 22 (Ursula- First mexican chic to go out with me. I love mexican women), 19 (Melissa. Second mexican chic. posted pics of her too somewhere), 24 (cant remember this chics name. Not right now. I remember she had one of the best asses I had ever seen), 19 (THE 19 yr old. Still talk to her sometimes. I hang out with her sister too), 27 (Melissa, the short red head), 29 (Paige- The short Red heads friend. Fake tits and big ass. She was a thick girl. And smoked way too much), 21 (Alicia Still talk to her, but have not gone out in awhile. Not sure if I will see her more, though she is beyond awesome. More friend material, i think). This was usually about a month of dating or so.

I didnt lie to any of them except the older one because I didnt like her. I dated her because my friend wanted her, but was too chicken shit to break up with his girlfriend, so I did it to rub it in his face.

The stuff I lied to her about was dumb, like told her I owned a Corvette (it was my Boss" car and he didnt care if I drove it when I wanted). Told her I owned my house, when in fact my ex had got it in the divorce (I hadnt moved out yet because my apartment wasnt ready). In reality, I tell too much of the truth. But most of you know that.

I am seeing a girl now, but not sure how it will go. I am being extemely careful. I wont post about it anytime soon, as it seems I jynx myself when I do. been talking to her off and on for about a month and a half, but just started seeing each other within the last week. Seen her 3 times. Things seem to be well....... for now.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Brad2770 said:
I dated her because my friend wanted her, but was too chicken shit to break up with his girlfriend, so I did it to rub it in his face.
You"re a great guy!

Brad2770

Eomer said:
You"re a great guy!
Dude, it was a "Shit or get off the pot situation". He was tired of his girlfriend being controlling and trying to get him to get married. They constantly fought and he was always talking about breaking up with her. He wanted to date other women, but felt bad if he would talk to other women since he hadnt broke up with his girlfriend.

He saw this chic at the bar (I actually hit on her friend first) and wanted to talk to her. He made a big deal about her, so I was telling him he should call his current bitch and break up with her. He wouldnt do it, so when the friend rejected me, I moved in on the chic my friend wanted.

I didnt want her, was hoping he would break up with his bitch. The dating of the older chic was just a nasty side effect of me being an asshole.

You would have to know my friend... He is WAY too concerned about people"s feelings. This is over a year later and he STILL worries about her feelings, so he chooses not to date so she wont get all mad at him and psycho, even though they are split up now. Finally.

bofa_sl

shitlord
crunch time here...kiss on the first date or what? it"s been years since "ive been in the game" and the last thing I want is to end up in the friend zone =/

*also, i"ve been dying to see the hangover..go for the "twofer" with dinner and a movie or just leave it at dinner*