Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer said:
Considering every time I"ve talked with her the story has changed in the past 3-4 weeks, I don"t know if there"s much point in taking any heed from what she said. But she said that she felt like she couldn"t be herself around me,that I was always "judging" and criticizing her, whether about driving or talking about school or whatever. .
This means she is a dumbass. Got damn, I am so tired of women being stupid I am about to turn gay, it"s totally sexist and I don"t care. I know not all women are (because I know a few), but the majority I know piss me off with their stupidity. There is no logic to how they act, I can"t possibly fathom what angle they look at shit, when my gf tries to explain something to me, it"s just plain fucking wrong, but hell if I will tell her that, whoever posted that chris rock skit about love in the video thread, 100% correct. Her saying this just made me picture her being a stupid stupid ass.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
She"s not stupid, but she"s a girl. As Tenks, Dabamf and others have laid out well back in this thread that"s unfortunately the way girls operate. I got 4 or 5 different explanations for what was going on over the course of nearly 4 weeks, when one could have done: she lost interest/attraction. Everything after that is her trying to rationalize it and avoiding the emotional reckoning.

Why she lost interest is still up in the air. Hell, it"s up in the air whether or not her feelings for the first month or so were legitimate or just her convincing herself that things were great because I wasn"t Jay and I was treating her well enough. She was in love with being over Jay and moved on, so to speak. I"d like to think that I did genuinely "have" her for awhile there, and a combination of things moving too fast and the Jay issue were enough to derail the train. But I"ll honestly never really know what the fuck happened.

Again though, it"s a good learning process. I wish I"d invested the effort in figuring this shit out in highschool and my early 20"s!

Luthair_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
What are ya talking about? You know she"s easy. I say go for it.

Besides, depending on how old the kid is, they can be pretty cool.
And you also know that you need to be careful so you don"t end up with a kid of your own

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Eomer said:
She"s not stupid, but she"s a girl. As Tenks, Dabamf and others have laid out well back in this thread that"s unfortunately the way girls operate. I got 4 or 5 different explanations for what was going on over the course of nearly 4 weeks, when one could have done: she lost interest/attraction. Everything after that is her trying to rationalize it and avoiding the emotional reckoning.

Why she lost interest is still up in the air. Hell, it"s up in the air whether or not her feelings for the first month or so were legitimate or just her convincing herself that things were great because I wasn"t Jay and I was treating her well enough. She was in love with being over Jay and moved on, so to speak. I"d like to think that I did genuinely "have" her for awhile there, and a combination of things moving too fast and the Jay issue were enough to derail the train. But I"ll honestly never really know what the fuck happened.

Again though, it"s a good learning process. I wish I"d invested the effort in figuring this shit out in highschool and my early 20"s!
Good attitude Eomer. Take something away from every failed relationship and soon you"ll find a girl who is most compatible with you. Wish ya luck with future girls and love.

This means she is a dumbass. Got damn, I am so tired of women being stupid I am about to turn gay, it"s totally sexist and I don"t care. I know not all women are (because I know a few), but the majority I know piss me off with their stupidity. There is no logic to how they act, I can"t possibly fathom what angle they look at shit, when my gf tries to explain something to me, it"s just plain fucking wrong, but hell if I will tell her that, whoever posted that chris rock skit about love in the video thread, 100% correct. Her saying this just made me picture her being a stupid stupid ass.
This is an example of a very poor attitude. Keep it up and I am sure you will be turning sausage before you know it. Girls are not stupid they are just different. Not every decision needs to be examined from every angle and come to a logical conclusion some decisions need to be made from the heart. If you are in a relationship with someone because logically it makes sense that you should be compatible but you don"t agree with that in your heart you really shouldn"t be with her.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
brekk said:
Minus the last slide.
So just an update (im at my grandmothers house bored out of my skull atm) on the girl mentioned above.

I have no idea what"s going on.

We went out a few times, hooked up. And then I got sick with mono (not from her, it incubates for two months before you get sick) so I couldn"t see her for 2 weeks, went over to her house the first night i was off quarantine, but it was a bad time of the month so nothing serious happened. Last weekend hung out together doing car stuff on friday night, brought my PC over to her place to 2 person LAN party saturday night.

Since then I"ve been busy as hell all week with family stuff and will continue to be busy til mid this upcoming week.

Now between the quarantine break, and the family caused break I"m completely at a loss as to where we are on a dating "timeline" It doesn"t help that I"m in this ambiguous place that feels like semi-friendzone whether it is or not. Its extremely frustrating.

Glad to finally vent some of this shit and break of my self induced silence related to this girl.

PS: Dear Russian, if you read this post don"t share it with her. Thanks.

Tenks

I"d say let the relationship evolve naturally. You don"t know where you stand and the relationship isn"t really at a point where you can demand it. I would try setting up dates and judging her interest based upon that. A girl who is interested in you will do virtually anything date-wise just to spend time with you. If she says "No" and doesn"t even try to set up an alternative then you have your answer that way.

Everlast_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:

I don"t know how you stay so upbeat man! After getting into relationships (which I credit this thread for) and getting out of them...I am getting pretty damn tired of having to be date detective.

Cest la vie! I"ll continue grinding away at women (and my soul). Seriously though, kudos to you Eomer, for staying sane.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I"d post an update but there"s hardly anything going on worth mentioning.

Haven"t seen Steph in almost 3 weeks, and I"m having a really rough time getting over her. Gah.

People keep telling me it"s going to get better over time, but instead it keeps getting worse.

Tried going out with friends, sports, work, all that shit, nothing seems to work.

Now all that is left to try are a) large amounts of alcohol or b) getting laid. (as if it was that easy...)

Seriously, life sucks at the moment.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
So question for all of you experienced folks:

If I met a girl, we exchanged info and then I actually sent a package(yep, old fashioned snail mail, it"s the kind of person I am)...how long after the expected "received date" for a response is long enough to indicate she doesn"t care about or like me?

I don"t expect snail mail back, but a phone call or even email would seem like a normal thing to do after getting a package from someone. I am about to send package #2 and just want to know how badly I am setting myself up.

Tenks

rangoth said:

If I met a girl, we exchanged info and then I actually sent a package(yep, old fashioned snail mail, it"s the kind of person I am)...how long after the expected "received date" for a response is long enough to indicate she doesn"t care about or like me?

I don"t expect snail mail back, but a phone call or even email would seem like a normal thing to do after getting a package from someone. I am about to send package #2 and just want to know how badly I am setting myself up.
The fuck? Are you a distant relative of Zarcath? Why the hell are you sending a girl packages if you don"t even know if she"s interested? Package#2???

I"ll try to answer this objectively as possible but you should expect her to respond immediately probably right after opening it up if she likes you. It doesn"t really matter if she likes what you got her since if she likes you she"ll view it as a very nice and sweet present.

That said if she isn"t interested in you romantically you came off as creepy as fuck and she is probably on her way to the police station to get a restraining order.

Campari_foh

shitlord
rangoth said:

You sent a girl a package, she hasn"t responded in any sort of form and you are about to send another one? I can"t say I would recommend that, seems a little bit creepy to me...

niteflyx_foh

shitlord
What the shit did you send?

And what in the world do you have planned for PACKAGE #2?

And exchanging info, to me, is like, phone number, email, AIM name, whatever. Did she give you her address?

kollos_foh

shitlord
nothing against sending a package, but be aware that she has to deserve it. if she gets stuff without doing anything to deserve it, she"s going to lose interest.
i woud advice against sending a second package without even getting a response from the first.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
haha, I love how I get the creepy responses. While it may very well be creepy I was just vauge in how it all started.

I have known this girl for awhile, she lives in another city and recently came to visit. When she did she ended up staying with me both nights. We didn"t have sex but cuddled, light making out, etc. When she left I asked for her address(already had phone and email) so I could mail her something. I am just old school like that. I would rather mail a package or letter than send an email or drunk dial.

Another reason I do this kind of shit is that I just find it fun. It cost me 20$ and about 30 minutes of my time. It"s not like I sent the girl a diamond ring and spent months picking it out. It"s just a neat little distraction to occupy me when I get home from work since I"m always looking for something to do.

So in short, this isn"t some random girl I met at a bar and asked for her address. I"ve talked to her in the past a decent amount, she knows me pretty well and I got the impression/vibe/feeling that things went well this recent weekend she was visiting Boston so I decided to put a bit more effort in.

As for the package, the first one was simple, just a letter with a stuffed animal duck packed in flower pedals. The next one is planned to be just a box full of candies, starburst, gummie savers, twizlers, etc...

EDIT: She should have received it on Saturday, so take that for what it"s worth.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
haha, I want to know what"s in the package too!

Edit:

I would say if you haven"t heard back almost immediately (if she has your email/phone info) then it"s a pretty good indication that she isn"t in to you, unfortunately. And if she was even a little before, you might have knocked yourself out of contention with the package. I dunno, that seems like something you do with a girl you"ve been seeing for at least a few weeks on a couple basis. I would say the second package is a very bad idea. But I"m certainly no expert.

Everlast said:
I don"t know how you stay so upbeat man!
Well first of all, of course it"s easy to come across that way on a message board. That said, it does feel like this isn"t going to be a super long recovery for whatever reason. Hopefully that isn"t just wishful thinking. Also, I"ve been smoking a lot of weed to get my mind off it, bought cigarettes for the first time in a long while (that wasn"t for a camping trip/vacation), and masturbating a lot. Also got a cheque for about half my share of our profits from last year, so I spent a good portion of my time yesterday thinking of ways to spend it, re-arranging mortgage shit and shuffling stuff around, and seeing if the Home Renovation tax credit they brought in awhile back would apply to a hot tub on my roof top patio (it does!).

It kind of comes and goes in waves, if you know what I mean. I"ll be fine and either not think about her for several hours or just not be upset about it, and then bam a song or smell or any little stupid thing will trigger a memory and then I"ll feel shitty for awhile, whether a few moments or longer.

Good to see POF still has plenty of action. Judging from past comments it sucks ass in a lot of US cities, but in Canadian cities it"s actually pretty damn good in terms of selection. Once again, the main issue is getting noticed and cutting through the clutter (not that I"ve messaged anyone yet).

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eomer said:
I would say if you haven"t heard back almost immediately (if she has your email/phone info) then it"s a pretty good indication that she isn"t in to you, unfortunately. And if she was even a little before, you might have knocked yourself out of contention with the package. I dunno, that seems like something you do with a girl you"ve been seeing for at least a few weeks on a couple basis. I would say the second package is a very bad idea. But I"m certainly no expert.
Awww
<-- Sad Panda then

We had planned a trip to go up to Yosemite National Park in August also Who knows, maybe I am over-analyzing it and she was just Busy with Fathers Day or something....

Or maybe you are all right and I took a girl who liked me and made her run for the hills! Either way life will go on I suppose. But she was smokingly hot and kinda fun.

Tenks

I would say she had enough interest to stay at your place and kiss you but I"m sorry you completely overstepped your bounds. Next time if she is staying at your place I"d at leasttryto have sex with her. Even if she says no that isn"t an end-all she could just not be a slut but it will make your intent obvious.

I"d also pick up another hobby outside of sending girls packages filled with stuffed animals and flower pedals.