Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Grooverider said:
The only person with "wad up panties" is you. Clearly.

I only responded at all because of your self congratulatory sentence that caused me to cringe so very hard. It was very mippo-esq.
My post wasn"t intended to be aggressive towards you, so my apologies if it came across that way. As far as the "I"m back!" thing, if that"s the one you"re talking about, that was perhaps a bit flippant. However as I had said in past posts regarding Anne and not being able to move on, I thought the best thing for me would be to get a lay elsewhere to continue the process, and that"s the origin of that. Wasn"t intended as a brag, as Arkk said even fat dudes get laid often, breaking a 6 month dry spell is nothing to be proud of.

Brekk said:
Eomer, All I will say is try to avoid Facebook stalking until AFTER you"ve met/conversed with the person.
By stalking all I meant was looking for a picture to confirm my quick view of her on a iPhone in a cafe. I have not messaged or had any contact whatsoever with her, and at this point am waiting for her or the mom to get in touch.

You shouldn"t be trying to figure out how to go on a date with them already.
But she"s hot :/

*ducks*

Meet her, hand off the bag, sit and have a cup of coffee, if it goes well say you"ll call her again some time. (since you already have her # due to the bag) This facebook stalking already is messed up.
Don"t have her number either, her mom has mine and I would assume was going to pass it on, but it wasn"t really actively discussed. If I haven"t heard from either by the end of the week I"ll message the mom and ask what"s up, as I"m getting sick of the flamboyantly gay bag rolling around in my trunk.

column said:
I DETECT FAIL
haha, I just figured what the hell, may as well ask for opinions, because there"s been several times where I"ve been wondering how to approach a situation and someone"s given me some advice that I was like "oh shit, I never thought of that, good call".

Brad2770

Seethe said:
Brad, I won"t be as brutal as some other posters have, but I do believe you are making a very bad mistake in having this broad move in with you. You"ve stated the number one reason she moved in was due to the driving (and, perhaps by extension, the cost of driving). Iirc, you two live in the same city. How much driving are we talking about? (That"s actually a rhetorical question, don"t answer it).
The distance in driving just accelerated a decision I think that was going to come about anyways.

Seethe said:
The point is, you"ve basically fallen into one of the many pitfalls of a likely doomed relationship. Relationships take work. Lots of work at times. The fact that it would be "easier" or "less driving" are not valid reasons for having a person move in with you. I think you can see where the line of reasoning you"ve offered very often gets people into trouble: "I don"t like driving to visit you" turns into "Move in with me!" What"s next? "I like cars, we should buy one together!" Keep that way of thinking going and pretty soon you"ll be to, "Hey, we"ve been living together for 5 years, we should get married!" Almost without fail you"ll be divorced within a year of making that leap. A decision as monumental as having someone with whom you are dating move in with you should take far more processing power than a few flippant comments about the "hassle" of having to drive to see someone. Jesus.
I really dont mind doing this because I have nothing to lose. I dont need her help with rent or utilities. I dont need help with things around the house and its not like she is moving in and bringing a washer and dryer that will help out. I lose nothing from this transaction and only gain a friend that is fun to hang out with. Im not asking her to marry me or anything along those lines.

There are things in this world that mean little to me and the fact she moves in is nothing more than if a friend needed a place to stay (roughly). Only difference is she sleeps in my bed and we fuck from time to time.

Seethe said:
However, I think the real travesty here is the effect your decision will have on your son. I am sure Dabamf will be able to touch on this more given his education, but just think about your son"s perspective for a second. I don"t believe you"ve ever mentioned whether you have introduced your girlfriend to him. That leads me to believe that his contact with her has been minimal. You get to see your son on, I believe, alternating weekends. What kind of a shock do you think it"s going to be on him to get psyched up to see his Dad, only to find out that a new "mom" has moved in? Btw, even if you try to not act overtly flirtatious with your girl while your son is around, kids have fucking radar for that kind of shit and I guarantee he will see through it. Or, worse, walk in on you guys going at it. Some people who have kids will wait months before even allowing their kids to meet someone they"ve been dating, let alone have them move in at the drop of a hat.

I know you value your son"s interests well above your own, so it is mind-boggling (perhaps even mind-bottling) to me that you would be so cavalier about a decision that has a major impact on your son, whether you choose to acknowledge it now or down the road. Your son has already gone through a divorce. What happens if you and your girl stay together for six months and then decide to break up for whatever reason? Your son will likely have developed a very close bond with this gal and now she"s gone. Furthermore, what kind of message are you sending to your son, who will likely emulate you, perhaps his greatest role model, that it"s a-okay to move in with someone with whom you have dated a sum total of 4 1/2 months (separated by at least a year).

Finally, your girl may act like fucking Mother Theresa around your child when you"re both there, but what happens when you"re at work and she"s stuck babysitting? Again, I think your girl is all of 19 or 20 years old. I know precious few 20 year olds who are thrilled at the thought of babysitting their boyfriend"s kid.

Hell, now that I"ve written this novel, I think Tenks may be right. Shit.
My son has been around her plenty. This is my sister"s friend. Diane has twin daughters, so she is fine around kids. I get limited visitation with my son now. Since I have stopped paying for my ex"s bills, I get him every other weekend, so there is a slim chance Diane will be watching him on her own. If she does, I trust her.

I really hate when my son is brought up in this. As much as people think I dont think about my son, thats the first person I think this might effect beyond myself. My decisions I make are in his best interest, but something that allows me to have an operational personal life to boot.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
^Seethe was very careful to point out that you put your son first consciously, but that doesn"t necessarily mean you actually are doing so. I hadn"t even thought of the son angle, but he brought up some excellent points that to be quite honest you didn"t really address at all, other than to say "I thought about it." A new/old woman moving in with you, and possibly moving out soon after, is going to be very confusing and/or difficult for him.

But I haven"t even held a baby in 10+ years, so don"t listen to my advice on raising em.

Everlast_foh

shitlord
Eomer,

I"d wait it out, and contact the mom in a weekish and ask her wtf is up with the bag situation. I think if the girl agrees to meet up for coffee or whatever, you"re only going to have a short period of time to make a good impression. Just try to be light and funny...nothing serious or overly direct. Ask her why she was the one that got left behind on the vacation.

Grooverider said:
Eomer- why are you so clearly looking for validation on an internet forum, if you"re such a success in the money, looks andawesome dudedepartment?
come on seriously?

this is a guy who a few months ago thought he was "telling" me when he said that he had a lot of friends here and that no one liked me @ foh but they would if i was less of a bitch.

the word dillusional doesn"t begin to cover this boy"s problems.

he looks for constant validation from you from me from the girls he sees because he doesn"t believe that line he just fed you. its so obvious that Oprah got tired of doing shows about it in 1994. he has to post pictures of the girls like its some sort of confirmation that he can get hot pussy. when anyone who isn"t a social retard knows that if you"re hitting seriously hot pussy you spend your time banging it not posting about/pictures of it ad nauseum on an internet message board.

if he had one shred of self confidence (maybe I can loan him some of my "bitchiness" and lack of giving a shit what other people think) you think he"d be prostrating himself before you whispering "please sir may I have another"?

he *might* be good looking. he *might* be successful. but he can"t sell it. and in life really that"s all that matters.

edit: what The Ancient said pretty much sums it up as well.

Seethe said:
Brad, I won"t be as brutal as some other posters have, but I do believe you are making a very bad mistake in having this broad move in with you. You"ve stated the number one reason she moved in was due to the driving (and, perhaps by extension, the cost of driving). Iirc, you two live in the same city. How much driving are we talking about? (That"s actually a rhetorical question, don"t answer it).

The point is, you"ve basically fallen into one of the many pitfalls of a likely doomed relationship. Relationships take work. Lots of work at times. The fact that it would be "easier" or "less driving" are not valid reasons for having a person move in with you. I think you can see where the line of reasoning you"ve offered very often gets people into trouble: "I don"t like driving to visit you" turns into "Move in with me!" What"s next? "I like cars, we should buy one together!" Keep that way of thinking going and pretty soon you"ll be to, "Hey, we"ve been living together for 5 years, we should get married!" Almost without fail you"ll be divorced within a year of making that leap. A decision as monumental as having someone with whom you are dating move in with you should take far more processing power than a few flippant comments about the "hassle" of having to drive to see someone. Jesus.

However, I think the real travesty here is the effect your decision will have on your son. I am sure Dabamf will be able to touch on this more given his education, but just think about your son"s perspective for a second. I don"t believe you"ve ever mentioned whether you have introduced your girlfriend to him. That leads me to believe that his contact with her has been minimal. You get to see your son on, I believe, alternating weekends. What kind of a shock do you think it"s going to be on him to get psyched up to see his Dad, only to find out that a new "mom" has moved in? Btw, even if you try to not act overtly flirtatious with your girl while your son is around, kids have fucking radar for that kind of shit and I guarantee he will see through it. Or, worse, walk in on you guys going at it. Some people who have kids will wait months before even allowing their kids to meet someone they"ve been dating, let alone have them move in at the drop of a hat.

I know you value your son"s interests well above your own, so it is mind-boggling (perhaps even mind-bottling) to me that you would be so cavalier about a decision that has a major impact on your son, whether you choose to acknowledge it now or down the road. Your son has already gone through a divorce. What happens if you and your girl stay together for six months and then decide to break up for whatever reason? Your son will likely have developed a very close bond with this gal and now she"s gone. Furthermore, what kind of message are you sending to your son, who will likely emulate you, perhaps his greatest role model, that it"s a-okay to move in with someone with whom you have dated a sum total of 4 1/2 months (separated by at least a year).

Finally, your girl may act like fucking Mother Theresa around your child when you"re both there, but what happens when you"re at work and she"s stuck babysitting? Again, I think your girl is all of 19 or 20 years old. I know precious few 20 year olds who are thrilled at the thought of babysitting their boyfriend"s kid.

Hell, now that I"ve written this novel, I think Tenks may be right. Shit.
You forgot the fact that "diane" has daughters. So "son" now has to understand what that entails too unless diane"s super awesome mom is going to take care of them (in which case what a catch! perfect person to be dating when you have kids - someone who doesn"t even take care of their own).

Its sad when someone else has to be concerned for the kids when dad feigns a duty to protect from someone who isn"t even flaming the son but is expressing concern.

The girl is 19-20 and is just hitting "party phase" developmentally speaking but already has two daughters but CLEARLY moving her into the house was a good idea for the son. Obviously.

He clearly hadn"t even thought about the fact that Diane"s daughters SHOULD be living with her if she"s a responsible individual and what kind of message that would send to his son ie "I dont get to live with daddy but these two girls do?".

Its all sortsa facepalm up in here.

chu_foh

shitlord
Etoille said:
he *might* be good looking. he *might* be successful. but he can"t sell it. and in life really that"s all that matters.
He probably isn"t. He inherited a company from daddy. It"s really just a matter if the girl is able to stand his abhorrent personality for the money; hasn"t worked so far. And his sense of humor is like scraping fingernails on drywall.

And yeah Brad is just a giant bucket of fail. "nothing to lose"? Are you fucking serious? No wait, you are - but that"s just how stupid you are.

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
Let"s try and steer this away from people just reaming on each other.

I have a friend who I had a pretty big crush on all of last year, and I"m pretty sure she had a crush on me (at least for a while). I was a huge pussy back then and did nothing about it, just stayed friends. I had pretty much avoided her this semester b/c I felt awkward around her due to my girlfriend. About a week after we broke up, I got drunk and started texting my old friend. She became my new go to person to text while drunk, and I ended up telling her I had a crush on her last year. She asked why I didn"t do anything about it last year, I said I was a pussy back then, and she responded "way to finally man up!!" (she uses an absurd amount of exclamation points in all of her texts). Never talked about the crush again, but we have been talking more (while I"m sober even). She has also been wanting to meet up, she actually wants to watch the lion king together this week. I"m having trouble reading the situation, I can"t tell if she just wants to be friends or if this push to hang out more is her trying to give me an opportunity to ask her out. Any thoughts?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Way to finally man up, then continues to talk and want to hang? Do you need any more validation?

If a girl responded like that to me after I said hey I like you then I"d go for it, they"d either say look I dont like you or stop talking to you, saying way to man up to me is saying thank god he finally grew some balls and made a move, to top that off shes pushing to hang out with you and spend time watching a movie? She knows what shes getting into, you tell a girl you like her and she wants to hang out, its fair game, go for it.

Ur obviously reading too much into it, take it for what it is and go for it. Don"t second guess yourself.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Chu said:
He probably isn"t. He inherited a company from daddy. It"s really just a matter if the girl is able to stand his abhorrent personality for the money; hasn"t worked so far. And his sense of humor is like scraping fingernails on drywall.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
lol, I shouldn"t take the bait any further but hell, why not? I didn"t inherit anything. I have bought my dad out fair and square for fair market value. We even hired KPMG to do the valuation. Would someone off the street have the same opportunity? Of course not, it"s a private company. However the company in the past 5-6 years since my bro and I have been largely operating it has made more money than it did in the 20 years previous (about 10-15 million in profit, pre-tax). I tendered all that work, and my bro ran most of it (and I designed the mechanical systems in a good portion of it). This isn"t some massive company where you can be a figurehead and everything is actually managed and done by the peons below. Outside of my bro and I, for most of those years there was only another project manager and a purchaser working in the office, along with a book-keeper and receptionist.

I don"t for a second think that my grandfather, father and uncle"s hard work in the previous 40 years of it"s operation had nothing to do with our recent success. Were it not for them and the reputation they built and the relationships they cultivated we obviously wouldn"t be in the position we are. That said, we are basically the gold standard for mid-sized mechanical contractors in our area, people give us work not because we"re the cheapest but because we"re the best (most construction contractors can barely tie their own shoelaces, and their lifespan is measured in months, not decades). Along with the only non-family partner who works as a foreman on our largest projects, my bro and I have worked our asses off to continue keeping our family name as one of the most respected in the construction industry here. I"m damn proud of what I"ve accomplished, even if by virtue of my birth and family I had a huge leg up on most other people.

I"d say I don"t give a shit what you think, but that"s betrayed by the existence of this post. But for whatever it"s worth, I know for a fact that I"ve earned what I have and that nothing was ever just handed to me. I still distinctly remember not long after I dropped out of University sitting at the dinner table with my dad and mom, and my dad making an offhanded comment that he didn"t think that I was cut out for the business (for whatever reason). I still use that memory and feeling as motivation from time to time, to prove him wrong. And considering how well the company has done under my bro and I"s direction, I"ve proven the point several times over.

tldr: go fuck yourself, what have you achieved?

redslash_foh

shitlord
Eomer, your normal posts are by far some of the most entertaining / interesting in the thread, but in the past few pages (between pointing out you nailed a chick that Jeremy Piven couldn"t and defending basically your life"s work against the insults of some random troll) you"ve revealed a huge chip on your shoulder. Let it go, you"re doing fine.

Eomer said:
we are basically the gold standard for mid-sized mechanical contractors in our area
PS never say that again

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Eomer said:
lol, I shouldn"t take the bait any further but hell, why not? I didn"t inherit anything. I have bought my dad out fair and square for fair market value. We even hired KPMG to do the valuation. Would someone off the street have the same opportunity? Of course not, it"s a private company. However the company in the past 5-6 years since my bro and I have been largely operating it has made more money than it did in the 20 years previous (about 10-15 million in profit, pre-tax). I tendered all that work, and my bro ran most of it (and I designed the mechanical systems in a good portion of it). This isn"t some massive company where you can be a figurehead and everything is actually managed and done by the peons below. Outside of my bro and I, for most of those years there was only another project manager and a purchaser working in the office, along with a book-keeper and receptionist.

I don"t for a second think that my grandfather, father and uncle"s hard work in the previous 40 years of it"s operation had nothing to do with our recent success. Were it not for them and the reputation they built and the relationships they cultivated we obviously wouldn"t be in the position we are. That said, we are basically the gold standard for mid-sized mechanical contractors in our area, people give us work not because we"re the cheapest but because we"re the best (most construction contractors can barely tie their own shoelaces, and their lifespan is measured in months, not decades). Along with the only non-family partner who works as a foreman on our largest projects, my bro and I have worked our asses off to continue keeping our family name as one of the most respected in the construction industry here. I"m damn proud of what I"ve accomplished, even if by virtue of my birth and family I had a huge leg up on most other people.

I"d say I don"t give a shit what you think, but that"s betrayed by the existence of this post. But for whatever it"s worth, I know for a fact that I"ve earned what I have and that nothing was ever just handed to me. I still distinctly remember not long after I dropped out of University sitting at the dinner table with my dad and mom, and my dad making an offhanded comment that he didn"t think that I was cut out for the business (for whatever reason). I still use that memory and feeling as motivation from time to time, to prove him wrong. And considering how well the company has done under my bro and I"s direction, I"ve proven the point several times over.

tldr: go fuck yourself, what have you achieved?
Congrats on your success, I wish my father wasn"t self employed so I could follow in the family business also.

Everlast_foh

shitlord
What is up with all the Eomer hate? Jesus titty fucking Christ...Dude has good stories, awesome. So what is he makes money, lots of people on these boards make money. I don"t know what is fueling this.

chu_foh

shitlord
Jabberwhacky said:
How did you afford to buy such a high-quality company?
He worked at many lesser-quality companies, building up the experience and money needed to pitch it to the GOLD-STANDARD in the industry. (lol, I really am laughing, thank you).

And he"s very good looking with a 9inch cut cock to boot!!

How girls keep their hands off him, I"ll never understand!!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Boring corporate restructuring bullshit ahoy! Just skip this post if you don"t give a fuck.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:

Jabberwhacky said:
How did you afford to buy such a high-quality company?
It"s somewhat complicated. Basically we did the valuation of the company with KPMG (who only provide a range from which we chose a price, this step is required for tax purposes so you can"t dodge them), and that value was set aside in the pre-existing share structure in a "freeze". So the existing shares were dissolved and new preferred shares issued according to the previous distribution. A new common share structure and corporation was created, and the old preferred shares remained as a liability (basically they"re the first to be paid out when the company makes a profit, or if it"s dissolved or whatever).

The new shares are issued for whatever arbitrary price, as the new corporation essentially has zero value, as its assets are offset by the preferred share liability. So at that point I was issued shares according to the agreed upon new ratio, and going forward I (or rather my holding company) was entitled to that proportion of the profits. Over the years, I took the vast majority of my share to buy the preferred shares from my dad"s holdco (last fall was the first time I kept any significant amount past my base salary, hence my new car, and hence my dad buying Ferrari"s and Porsche"s out the ass the past few years) as basically his holdco was holding on to a bunch of shares for no benefit.

Last fall instead of paying profits out as personal bonuses, the company had enough money to basically buy back all the preferred shares, and the structure from 5 years ago was basically bought out, which resulted in my first large windfall as I mentioned.

Small businesses go about it in this manner to avoid the problems inherent in partners/owners having to lend each other money, or going to the bank or whatever else to secure the funds to buy in to the business. Nothing unusual there. The same thing was done for my bro to buy in, as well as the other non-family partner. It"s best to do it as little as possible, because it can quickly turn in to a mess with multiple classes of shares outstanding (initially we had two preferred share classes, one from "my" freeze 5 years ago and another from about 8 years ago for my bro and the other guy which was much smaller and bought out fairly quickly). It"s also typically in writing that the new owner must commit X percentage of their share of the profits to buying the preferred shares from the previous owner, because as I said the previous owner more or less has an investment/asset that they"re locked in to for someone else"s benefit.

In my case we didn"t, but I signed over pretty much every last cent beyond my base salary and any additional cash needed to max my RRSP contributions to reduce my tax rate (marginal rate of 39%) and pre-pay my mortgage (last payment Friday!). My parents every year would say not to worry and that I should keep some "funny money" but I wanted to get it over with ASAP. I wasn"t starving my any means, but my and my bro"s salaries are actually lower than several of our other employees. We may do the same freeze process in the future if any employees come along that we deem valuable enough to sell them a significant portion of the business to retain them.

Clear?

Redslash said:
PS never say that again
*shrug* The joke is that general contractors (Halliburton, PCL, etc) when they die ask to come back as mechanicals. We"re typically 10-25% of the total project value, but have margins anywhere from double to quadruple of what GC"s get. In other words we do far less work, have far less headaches, and make just about as much money. I guess that"s lost on anyone outside of the construction industry, but whatever. As an example though, we were just awarded a bunch of student housing not because we were the lowest, but because the school and their designated GC felt we were worth the premium as the project is LEED certified and on a very tight timeline and there"s only a couple mechanicals in Western Canada capable of doing the job properly and on time.

So yes, I"m proud of that shit.

Everlast said:
What is up with all the Eomer hate? Jesus titty fucking Christ...Dude has good stories, awesome. So what is he makes money, lots of people on these boards make money. I don"t know what is fueling this.
I can be an arrogant, verbose asshole and occasionally people feel the need to beat me down. However it"s not in my nature to back down. The result is no surprise.

Chu said:
About 7" actually, with serious whiskey dick problems from time to time. Thanks for the advert though! And nowhere in this thread or elsewhere have I ever claimed to be anything special looks wise. I"m pretty distinctly average in almost every respect, and balding to boot. Were I to rate myself, I"d say I"m sitting around 6-7, with the possibility of raising that if I were in better shape, tanned, metrosexual and/or wore better clothes.

Wanna make out?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Dianetics08 said:
I ended up telling her I had a crush on her last year. She asked why I didn"t do anything about it last year, I said I was a pussy back then, and she responded "way to finally man up!!"
"Man up" statement is a direct statement of interest. You"ll never get more direct than that. It allows her to express interest without completely commiting to it (she can always say it was a joke if you reject her). But it"s a sign of interest. Now, given that you admitted you were a pussy before, you have to make doubly sure she KNOWS you are not a pussy anymore. That means next time you hang out, you absofuckinglutely must kiss her. You gotta show her that now you are a man who knows what he wants and goes after it. If you"re nervious, pump yourself up in your head before you meet her, "IM FUCKING DIANETICS08, THIS GIRL FUCKING LOVES ME!!" over and over and shit. I"m serious, it works.

@ brad, I"m not really gonna touch this one because the decision is already made, so anything written will be wasted finger energy. I will say though that "it makes sense/its convenient" is never a good idea to base a decision on. I am a big proponent of letting your decisions decide your circumstance, rather than letting your circumstance decide your decisions. And, most children need stability and predictability to grow to their best potential. A 19 year old moving in with 2 kids is neither. Maybe it"s good for him now, maybe he likes her and she"s good with kids, but a 19 year old 99 times out of 100 is not a stable adult figure for your child to build emotional bonds with.

@ eomer. You saw my trainwreck 2 weeks ago. Don"t repeat it man. Ignore the peanut gallery that only comes to insult people and offer no stories or positive feedback of their own. They eat that shit up when you quote 20 things they say and address them individually.

Remember the rule: don"t allow yourself to think about a chick if the circumstance doesn"t warrant it. In this case, you never met the girl, so when you start thinking "hmm I wonder what I should say when I drop this thing off" you should immediately censor your mind and force yourself to move to another topic. Turn that shit off man, it"s going to ruin anything you have or may potentially have. Thinking too much totally fucks up your state of mind whether you are really interested or not.

Just ACT now, and afterwards you can analyze what happened. That allows you to continue to learn and improve without sabatoging yourself.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dabamf and Eomer, aka The Wizard of Oz and Shallow Hal.

What a bunch of clowns lol.

chu said:
He worked at many lesser-quality companies, building up the experience and money needed to pitch it to the GOLD-STANDARD in the industry. (lol, I really am laughing, thank you).

How girls keep their hands off him, I"ll never understand!!
ahahahahhaha. Here is Eomer just hanging out on the beaches of Canada waitin for any member of the opposite sex to glance in his vicinity so he can run to FOH and make a 4 paragraph post about how to approach her....

vindiesel10w.jpg