Girls who broke your heart thread

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Simas said:
Coming to the board for advise.
Just like everyone else said you are friend zoned. You just need to meet more chicks and move on. If you do that and casually talk to this girl very rarely she might come around once you are smashing someone else but even then I wouldn"t count on it.

The Eomer hate seemed a little much to me, his posts did not seem that bad to me but I guess he just rubs some of you the wrong way lol.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
... You are 100% and fully entrenched in the friend zone ... I"m not going to say sever all ties with her ...
First part of this quote is true. Second part is horrible advice. You don"t look for friends in the "girls who have rejected you" list. Sever all ties immediately and without reservation.

W

Wrathcaster

Stoerm said:
First part of this quote is true. Second part is horrible advice. You don"t look for friends in the "girls who have rejected you" list. Sever all ties immediately and without reservation.
I gotta disagree with you on this one. I"ve banged several friendzoned chicks" friends. If you can fake being a friend well enough and act genuine, you"ll inevitably end up meeting up with her girl friends and can get a quick in. Your disinterest in her might even get a rise out of her as well. You never know, maybe she secretly gets off to dating people who are already involved. You might as well put her to some use.

Same thing can work with ex-girlfriends" friends as well. Usually they can"t be too close though... Sluttiness helps as well.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Wrathcaster said:
I gotta disagree with you on this one ... If you can fake being a friend well enough and act genuine, you"ll inevitably end up meeting up with her girl friends and can get a quick in ....
You"re not playing in the same field as the OP. Everything you said is true, but it"s not going to apply to him. Faking friendship to bang a chick"s friends is not what we"re talking about here.

That said, if he DOES decide to "be friends" with this chick, he should actively pursue banging her friends. I did this once, and it"s a sure way out of the friend zone, one way or another.

Gonna agree with the consensus here, you and her just aren"t going to happen. Sorry broseph.

She sounds fucking retarded anyway for being with a guy in an "open" relationship. Fuck that noise, that"s how STDs get spread fast as fuck. Go find a new place to lay some pipe.

I knew a chick once who got an STD from her boyfriend who cheated on her about a year ago, then he apologizes like crazy and buys her all kinds of gifts and now they just got married last month. I give it a year or less before he"s out banging some new chick. Sorry to say but god damn young people are retarded about relationships. I know, I"m one of them.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Went on a second date with a girl I met off okcupid. First date (as I already described a couple pages back) went "ok", but wasn"t much in the way of touching/flirting.

Second date - Picked her up at her house - I decided to goto the movies (saw boondock saints 2, so at least it was something I wanted to watch), but I didn"t put my hand around her nor did I pick up on any signals that she wanted me to do it either (ie: leaning towards me, or even looking at me during the movie), and the movie theater was honestly kind of cold, so it would have been nice, happened to randomly pick a set of seats with no armrest between them either. So basically we just sat and watched a fucking movie like 2 strangers sitting next to each other for 2 hours - definitely awkward for me, and I"m sure for her as well.

Anyways, we had some good conversation afterward, but I get the feeling maybe this girl just isn"t into me (ie: no more random texts to me since the 27th which was 3 days after our first date). Granted, she hasn"t talked to me about other guys or anything obvious like that (except a brief mention of an ex boyfriend that cheated on her after they"d gone out for 6 months), but like I said, I just don"t seem to be getting a flirty vibe from her.

2 dates and not so much as a kiss or hand-holding yet. I honestly don"t know if this is salvageable. I mean, I"m very comfortable at holding a conversation with this girl (platonic relationships come naturally for me), but sexual relationships are still very foreign to me. (ie: I was a 27 y/o virgin up until 4 months ago)

I assume the advice is going to be man-the-fuck-up and be a fucking caveman... and I know I need to... I just don"t understand why it seems so hard with this girl compared to the previous 2 which I had no problems "pulling the trigger" with. Why am I having a hard time being sexual with this person that at least initially was attracted. Anyways, just looking for an outside perspective.

edit: P.S. For a 3rd date, if there is a 3rd date, I think I would try to make sure it"s at my place, and I"d try to be much more physical/intimate than I"ve been before, thinking back on it after I initially wrote this post... the first time I was physical with both of the other girls I was at my place both times initially, maybe that"s the key difference, is that I don"t feel comfortable with being physical out in public (unless I"ve been physical already in private). I think I just came up with good advice for myself Anyways, I"m sure I can think of a good enough excuse for her to hang out at my place, I"ll say something like I have to be at work early the next day (probably true). And she only lives about 10 minutes away, so it"s not too far of a drive.

W

Wrathcaster

Antarius said:
Where was your first date? Was the movie her or your idea?

Usually anything that went past the 3rd date without anything physical for me = no bueno. Except in high school. And even then it was a bad sign. Did you pick up from talking to her that she was rather conservative or prudish... maybe even fairly serious about religion? If those things are true, there might be an explanation there. You might just have to put in more time. If she seemed like a pretty sexually liberal chick and wasn"t hesitant to indicate it, then you might not be the right guy for her.

Also does she drink? Did you drink on either date? If you did, I"m guessing it wasn"t helpful. Not saying you have to get a chick drunk to bang them. And I"m certainly not advocating you get a girl black out wasted and slip it in. I"m just saying it"s helpful to take the edge off both you and her. If she does like the sauce, find out what wine she likes and get a couple bottles for when she comes to your place next, or perhaps just get some random bottles of wine you haven"t had before (or have) and do your own little wine tasting. If you"re good at mixing drinks find out what kind she likes and whip up some delicious whatever-it-is. The idea is if you do something at your place make it something informal and casual, with a bit of liquid assistance to loosen you both up.

I know that whenever I was in doubt about whether I was out of luck with a particular chick or not, I had a habit of using alcohol as a sort of litmus test. You find out a lot about a person after a few drinks that you"d likely not know otherwise. If nothing else, it can act as a sort of truth serum to help you gain insight on who it is your dealing with. Plus, in my experience, most peoples" emotions/feelings/mannerisms become exaggerated because of booze, and if she has any intention of moving on you or inklings of feelings toward you, it"ll likely be easier to detect.

God damn, I just re-read through all that and realized I"m a fucking alcoholic.

Oh well. At least I"ve put my drunkenness to good use.

PS: try cooking for her if it"s at your place

PSS: learn to cook

splorge_foh

shitlord
I never understand why anyone takes a girl to a movie on the first or second date. its a weak fallback of a lazy coward. The entire point is to engage the girl socially, impress her with your boyish charm and rugged good looks. Spending two hours in a darkened room not looking at each other or talking to each other isnt exactly the best environment to do this. Choose an activity where you actually get to converse and ....wait for it....make eye contact.

Don"t get me wrong, going to the movies with a chick once a relationship has actually been formed is great, but taking a girl on the first or second date is downright retarded.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
splorge said:
I never understand why anyone takes a girl to a movie on the first or second date.
Because this was only the second time I"d ever taken any girl to the movies (first time was after we"d already had sex) so I didn"t realize how stupid of an idea it would be.

First date with this girl was at a (wait for it) ... (lol).... Denny"s

So yea, terrible terrible date locations and completely my fault on both accounts, this girl has got to think I"m the stupidest date-picker-outer ever.

(going to see a movie was my idea as well as what movie to watch, what day to see it on, and what time to see it at)

She does seem a little conservative Wrathcaster. I"ve tried to steer cleer of religion and politics as per other advice in that it"s terrible first/second date material, but at one point the conversation did get dangerously close to politics talk and she mentioned how she hated people on welfare. (And I"m a definitely more than a little liberal despite the fact I make good money now and pay lots of taxes, I"m still very pro-union and think welfare works overall to improve everyone"s position in the world and I think that government can often do a better job than private enterprise at certain things (ex: Air Traffic Control)).

She did mention she"s gotten high only twice ever.

We didn"t drink on either date (obviously due to location), although we did talk a little about alcohol and she seemed to have quite a bit of experience despite only being 20. Otherwise, so far I"ve had far more luck with women sober and clear headed than I ever had when I was drinking regularly, so I"m not sure if it"s a good idea for me to start (at least until more comfortable with the girl).

So yea, I guess she is more conservative than me, but she also seems very passive, way less aggressive than most other girls I"ve known.

Like I said, I"ll try to ramp it up on the 3rd date (if there is even any interest from her in a 3rd date), but maybe you"re right about her just being a little more conservative than what I"m used to.

Grooverider_foh

shitlord
Be wary of people who outwardly say things that are potentially inflammatory to people that do not know well (i.e. I HATE PEOPLE ON WELFARE). It basically means one of two things:

a) She"s mildly socially retarded.
b) She"s interested in your political views and going about it in a headstrong way.

It can only be b if she"s fairly intelligent.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Yea movies are a terrible date.

Alcohol is good. I always at least suggest a beer with dinner. Girl needs to loosen up also. And going to your place at date 3 especially if things aren"t goin that well is kinda odd. I don"t expect the girl to be comfortable enough with you for that. And making mixed drinks and shit? Date rape waiting to happen from her point of view.

IMO go to a wine bar or just get dinner + a drink and then move it somewhere else a little more private, but preferably not your house.

Anyway, fuck it, caveman the girl and if it works great, if not it was failing anyway. You got most of the board behind you so if it blows up in your face at least you got an entertaining story to tell, and we all pat you on the back for it. It"s not going anywhere anyway if you don"t kiss by 3rd date.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you"re actually interested in the girl you should try to kiss her on the first date. If she rejects it you"re not down anything since she already had no interest in you. Pretty much you have nothing to lose by going in or a kiss on the first date if you"re feeling her.

Campari_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
If you"re actually interested in the girl you should try to kiss her on the first date. If she rejects it you"re not down anything since she already had no interest in you. Pretty much you have nothing to lose by going in or a kiss on the first date if you"re feeling her.
I think you can get away with not kissing on the first date as long as you have some sort of playful physical contact during the actual date. I like to think that the 2nd date is the cut-off for kissing, sometimes the right opportunity just doesn"t come up the first time around. If you haven"t done it by the second date though, you"re pretty much screwed.

Also, I"m just going to echo what everyone else said: movies are the worst possible date idea, ever. The only time I would take a girl to a movie is if we are already in a fully established relationship. There are sooo many other things to choose from for dates, don"t go to the movies.

Tenks

Campari said:
I think you can get away with not kissing on the first date as long as you have some sort of playful physical contact during the actual date. I like to think that the 2nd date is the cut-off for kissing, sometimes the right opportunity just doesn"t come up the first time around. If you haven"t done it by the second date though, you"re pretty much screwed.
Itcanwork but why delay it? Also what I hate the most is the "tee hee I suld hvae kizzd u 2nite u r so cute :^)" texts guys/girls send. It"s fucking lame. It"s basically saying "Hey I like you, but I"m really fucking awkward."

Oh yeah and I"m getting a pair of regular ralf dry selvage for XMas we should break in some nudies together and be jean buddies Campari

Campari_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
Itcanwork but why delay it? Also what I hate the most is the "tee hee I suld hvae kizzd u 2nite u r so cute :^)" texts guys/girls send. It"s fucking lame. It"s basically saying "Hey I like you, but I"m really fucking awkward."
I guess what I meant is the only reason to delay is if the right opportunity just doesn"t seem to come up on the first date. It doesn"t happen often but I"ve definitely had 1 or 2 dates where I liked the girl but it would have felt forced if I had tried to kiss her.

Tenks

I guess I just can"t see a point where you"re saying "good night" to each other that you can"t just lean in for a kiss. Basically you have two options when saying goodbye/good night. You can hug her to show "Yeah you"re nice but no thanks" or kiss her to show "Yeah you"re nice and I want to tickle your bean."

W

Wrathcaster

Antarius said:
Because this was only the second time I"d ever taken any girl to the movies (first time was after we"d already had sex) so I didn"t realize how stupid of an idea it would be.

First date with this girl was at a (wait for it) ... (lol).... Denny"s

So yea, terrible terrible date locations and completely my fault on both accounts, this girl has got to think I"m the stupidest date-picker-outer ever.

(going to see a movie was my idea as well as what movie to watch, what day to see it on, and what time to see it at)

She does seem a little conservative Wrathcaster. I"ve tried to steer cleer of religion and politics as per other advice in that it"s terrible first/second date material, but at one point the conversation did get dangerously close to politics talk and she mentioned how she hated people on welfare. (And I"m a definitely more than a little liberal despite the fact I make good money now and pay lots of taxes, I"m still very pro-union and think welfare works overall to improve everyone"s position in the world and I think that government can often do a better job than private enterprise at certain things (ex: Air Traffic Control)).

She did mention she"s gotten high only twice ever.

We didn"t drink on either date (obviously due to location), although we did talk a little about alcohol and she seemed to have quite a bit of experience despite only being 20. Otherwise, so far I"ve had far more luck with women sober and clear headed than I ever had when I was drinking regularly, so I"m not sure if it"s a good idea for me to start (at least until more comfortable with the girl).

So yea, I guess she is more conservative than me, but she also seems very passive, way less aggressive than most other girls I"ve known.

Like I said, I"ll try to ramp it up on the 3rd date (if there is even any interest from her in a 3rd date), but maybe you"re right about her just being a little more conservative than what I"m used to.
Dude wtf. Denny"s? Seriously? DENNY"S?!

Not trying to be harsh here, but that"s an easy way to make sure you will NOT get any, especially not on a first date. Hell, if a girl suggested we go to Denny"s I"d probably laugh in her face. Denny"s isn"t even that good to go to single. Personally, I"ve got to be wasted to even touch their food. But srsly... No more Denny"s, ok? I hope you at least paid for her whole $5 portion of the meal. Even still, you could have cooked her something decent spending less than you did at Denny"s if money is the problem. Do you know how to cook anything decent? Chicken is reasonably easy, even on a foreman. If she"s conservative she probably eats meat. Find out what she likes in casual conversation then make it for her without saying anything. If you can"t cook, go buy a cooking for dummies book or something. I was terrible at first, but started with rudimentary dishes and worked up from there. It"ll help you in the long run.

She probably doesn"t have the best impression of you by this point, but it may yet be salvageable. Conservative doesn"t always mean you don"t have a chance to get physical, and you being liberal doesn"t mean you can"t get involved. It just means you probably shouldn"t get into politics. Which isn"t a good idea at first anyway, but it"s helpful to subtly mention something going on in the world to get a clue. Conservatism usually implies some type of religious affiliation, in my experience. But once again, religion doesn"t necessarily cock block you either. Some of the freakiest girls I"ve met were avid church-goers.

Judging by the fact that she even went on a second date with you after the Denny"s incident she can"t have completely written you off, as that would be it for most chicks I"ve encountered. Following it up with a movie was almost as bad, but maybe she"s tame enough to where it doesn"t matter as much. If she still talks to you at all, you"ve probably got SOME chance.

Since she"s 20, you won"t be able to get her any sort of alcohol at most respectable places, and it doesn"t seem like she"d go for it anyway. If I were you, I"d invite her over for a casual dinner (that you make, or fake like you made it) and offer some wine (get white and red) casually. And don"t get drunk yourself. The object is to take the edge off, not to get wasted. That"s not what I meant. If you"re drunk and she isn"t, it"s usually going to end badly. Just mention it in passing, and if she agrees, ask her what she prefers then get her a glass.

You don"t have to start getting physical by going in for a kiss, either. From what you"ve posted, it seems as if you"re not very comfortable initiating that anyway, and if you"re not, chances are she"ll know it and it"ll only be more awkward. Awkward will ruin your shit. In my experience, starting with something subtle and harmless is a better way in than just going for the gold right away, at least on a girl like the one you describe. Some of my easiest lays have come from just making contact after making her laugh... If she reciprocates you"re probably in the clear.

You"ve got to show some confidence though. You"re already in a hole and you have to do something to make those past two awful decisions just a memory, and a faint one at that.

This is all shit that"s worked for me, though, and on certain types of women. Won"t work for everyone, and won"t work on every girl like that. No one is a total stereotype, but there are commonalities to work with.

But most of all, use some goddamn sense. You"re not going to get on anyone"s good side by taking them to Denny"s, ever. And if you do, run far, far away, they probably are a hooker. Unless you"re into that sort of thing.

Best of luck bro. Give it another shot maybe, prudes can be great in the sack.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno Tenks, Michele and I didn"t kiss our first date, found out later it"s simply because she had an established rule of not doing so the first time out. It wasn"t really an issue. -shrugs-

Movies...yeah fuck them. I"ve yet to take Michele out to one...there"s simply so many other things we can do, if we wanted to sit there for a few hours and watch something, we"ll take a movie in at home. That way we can sip some wine and just talk about shit or do whatever. There"s a few movies out right now I wouldn"t mind seeing this weekend, but instead we"re going ice skating, then hitting up a wine tasting. Think outside the box, do things where you can actually spend quality time with each other...not JUST be together.

Brad2770

Tarrant220 said:
I dunno Tenks, Michele and I didn"t kiss our first date, found out later it"s simply because she had an established rule of not doing so the first time out. It wasn"t really an issue. -shrugs-
Wont kiss on first date, but fucks on the third(?) date? Ok.