Girls who broke your heart thread

Incognitogamer said:
Not really. Control sounds harsh, but that is exactly what they do. Its instincts. They want you to commit, to stay with them, to have access to your resources.

The thinking part of your or their brain might come up with all the romantic reasons why they want to marry you, but thats not what really happens.

Anyway.. this thread got boring when the discussion about marriage started. More entertainment now, please. Any updates?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Wonder when the girlfriend thread is going to get it"s first official abortion.

TheCutlery said:
shit i didn"t read after the first paragraph
Please. Seriously dont act like its the first time you"ve heard someone say anything I just said. You come off ALL the time like anyone attempting to have a single life is an idiot 12 year old that can"t possibly be as happy as you are because you"re married and thats the best thing ever.

Tarrants happy and its going to work out because it was meant to be or he"s making a giant mistake. We don"t know him, the girl he"s seeing, and news at 11 - people have different reasons for getting married. I think people playing it up like an overly positive situation are just as retarded as those condemning it.

This thread is like one huge circle of fail with rare exception. But for some reason, much like Real Housewives of New York (yep, I went there) this thread is trainwreck tv (entertainment) that I can"t stop reading.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shouldn"t you be in the bathroom spiking your hair and putting on bronzer, Thursday night is college night at the clubs.

Brad2770

Job stuff:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:I went for an interview today for my normal management work. Half way through the interview, he asked me if I had any questions. I asked him how he handled his marketing (a lot of what I do) and he said he didn"t do any... I instantly started telling him what I do and how he is costing himself money by doing nothing. After talking to him about marketing for about an hour, he asks me "How would you feel about coming to work for me, but not as a manager?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"I want you to be my marketing/PR man. So, this weekend, I need you to sit down and figure up what it would cost to move, what your full living expenses will be and how much you want for your yearly salarly."

I was floored. Of course I didn"t let him see that. I have never had that happen. Most jobs I take, I know the salary going in and it"s usually not negotiable. I am basically going to increase my previous salary and living expenses by 25%. That"s a considerable increase and something I would be happy with. Am I low balling myself?

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Work-wise, you"re now in the position of what your ex used to have - a guy"s balls willingly dropped into an open hand. Go higher. It"ll work.

Brad2770

more job stuff:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:My only concern is that he knows my previous salary and living expenses. But I did leave out two important things-

After he told me to figure up my expenses and salary, he said to keep in mind he was thinking long term. (he wants me to market for his 4 properties). He didn"t want this to be a stepping stone for me, he wants it to be a lasting career.

Also, he originally told me I would have a second interview next week, but after the long talk about marketing, he went and talked to the co-owner and was trying to get me interviewed today. When he didn"t get it, he did tell me that if it was up to just him, he would hire me on the spot.
But yeah, I never had someone so eager to hire me. It was a nice feeling. I deserve this job and I have no doubt I will get it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
redslash said:
Your proposal must have been awesome. "Honey, it"s a tax shelter that traps us together because it"s more convenient to talk than divorce! It"s like a free-money prison!"

"But don"t you want to marry me out of love?"

"Whatever, I SEEK POWER AND WEALTH"
Fuck bitches, get money?

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Last job I took, I lied about what I made going in by 10% and then added 10% on top of that for what I was asking. They had no problem paying it, so I probably low balled myself for what they were willing to pay but it was a 20% increase from my previous job, so I was happy with it.

I"d say go higher than 25% and they can always come down.

Darus Grey_foh

shitlord
Brad2770 said:
Job stuff:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:I went for an interview today for my normal management work. Half way through the interview, he asked me if I had any questions. I asked him how he handled his marketing (a lot of what I do) and he said he didn"t do any... I instantly started telling him what I do and how he is costing himself money by doing nothing. After talking to him about marketing for about an hour, he asks me "How would you feel about coming to work for me, but not as a manager?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"I want you to be my marketing/PR man. So, this weekend, I need you to sit down and figure up what it would cost to move, what your full living expenses will be and how much you want for your yearly salarly."

I was floored. Of course I didn"t let him see that. I have never had that happen. Most jobs I take, I know the salary going in and it"s usually not negotiable. I am basically going to increase my previous salary and living expenses by 25%. That"s a considerable increase and something I would be happy with. Am I low balling myself?
You"ve just discovered the biggest "Secret" to being wealthy in America, find stuff people are missing, and sell it to them. Keep up the good work. Totally serious as a note, that"s all I tell people(and all I need to), when they ask how I"m so successful well being so young. It"s one of those revelations that seems stupidly simple...and yet 99% of people never "get it".

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You dumbass you"re not married. You"re not successful. Get real. Marriage is the only form of success.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I"d say the secret is not being modest when it comes to your worth. If someone asks you how much you"re worth, go to the extreme of ridiculous. The worst they can do is say no, and at best, you"ve increased your income by a large margin, which in turn brings more confidence, and more wealth.

It"s a simple strategy for an employer to ask you how much you think you deserve to make. Most people will lowball themselves out of a desire to not appear greedy. Remove that thought and open the floodgates to success.

By the way, shut the fuck up Tenks, you emo faggot. Your trolling does not further the discussion

chu_foh

shitlord
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
He didn"t say it"s the bestest. He just said that people do it, he can give it a shot, and things"ll turn out fine. People have gotten married for lots of reasons, andit"s worked before.I can point to any number of marriages of love that fall apart or stay together, the same way any number of marriages for any number of reasons fall apart or stay together and turn into something else.

Too many people trying to control what they can"t in this thread.
By what definition is it working? Are homeless people an example of "things working"?

By the definition of arranged marriages turning into love. By rich families marrying to form alliances where the two people don"t instantly kill each other or leave, but instead keep the partnership going. By gay men who stay with their beards for the sake of the children, and are okay with it because of an understanding wife.

Are you going to tell me now that marrying for love is the only surefire way to not get a divorce?

chu_foh

shitlord
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
By the definition of arranged marriages turning into love. By rich families marrying to form alliances where the two people don"t instantly kill each other or leave, but instead keep the partnership going. By gay men who stay with their beards for the sake of the children, and are okay with it because of an understanding wife.

Are you going to tell me now that marrying for love is the only surefire way to not get a divorce?
I had no idea arranged marriages turned into love. I suppose that"s why they stay together and has nothing to do with the fact that it"s abhorrent to terminate a marriage in a culture that promotes arranged marriages.

Secondly, gay men don"t stay with their wives for the sake of the children; they stay because they were mortified of coming out in the first place.

All of those examples are terrible reasons to stay in a marriage.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
chu said:
All of those examples are terrible reasons to stay in a marriage.
And yet they exist, which is the point. Sometimes, the choice is not made on love alone, which was mine.