Girls who broke your heart thread

Kenadul said:
I spoilered a long ass story about how I screwed up my relationship with a great girl.
Well, I am usually all for trying to work it out, crazy or not... but if this story is true (as in happened exactly as you say): Fuck her. You are better off with another girl. She was clearly trying to cause trouble.

She goes through your phone, then doesnt accept your explanation and finally talks with her ex about getting back together? Screw her - tell her that.

Hopefully you told her that you are disappointed and hate her games instead of begging not to be dumped.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I didn"t mention it before, but.

I told her I was sorry and that I screwed up and that I hate the pain I caused her. I told her that I was willing to do whatever to fix this
Was not the way to handle it, you gave her all the power, and basically told her she was right. Bad move.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Hey fellas, I realize a lot of you just skim my lengthy posts (diary entries), but I"d appreciate an opinion or two on what I posted here:

Relevant quote so you can skip the novel:

Somehow it was decided that her winning bid (I have no idea if there were actual bids) would include me taking her paddle boating at a park, along with a picnic lunch. I was not a party to any of this at all. From what I recall I was talking with some other friends and my bud and one of the other girls came up and were like "hey, this is Sarah. You"re taking her out next weekend" and informed me of the nature of the date. We exchanged numbers and parted ways since the gardens were closing for the night.

So my question on this is, do I do the paddle boat thing? Seems like a pretty grand romantic gesture for a first date. Dial it back to a quick drink or bite to eat? Or just go all in?
What do you think? I should prolly give her a call tonight to arrange something for the weekend.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
Hey fellas, I realize a lot of you just skim my lengthy posts (diary entries), but I"d appreciate an opinion or two on what I posted here:

Relevant quote so you can skip the novel:

What do you think? I should prolly give her a call tonight to arrange something for the weekend.
Do it.

K`Lag_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Just do it, who knows you might fall for the girl, bang a few times, break up and then tell us about the texts you exchange 6 months after when you aren"t sure if you still have feelings for her or not.

Okie, maybe a little harsh but you don"t REALLY need our opinion on it do you?

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
The Ancient said:
It order to dispel some myth before it gets further entrenched, I"ll point out the following.

Divorce rates are at a low, lowest they"ve been since the 60s in fact.
Divorce rates for a 25+, educated couple, first marriage are significantly lower than 50%.
If you were going to go skydiving, and they told you that the chances that the chute wouldn"t open is "significantly lower than 50%" would you still jump? I mean the odds are with you that the chute will open and you"ll be fine, but there is always that chance.

Regardless of the chances of getting divorce, aside from wanting to, there is no reason to be married.

My question is, why do you want to? Because its something to do? Will it make you love her more? Its traditional? Religious (lol) reasons?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
OhSeven said:
Regardless of the chances of getting divorce, aside from wanting to, there is no reason to be married.
Not entirely true. Read the gay marriage threads. There"s a lot of reasons to be married. End of life care decisions, being immediate family has benefits, health insurance, etc.

If there weren"t tangible reasons to be married, we wouldn"t have a segment of the population trying to make sure they could be. Are you free to decide if it"s worth it? Sure, fine, whatever. But if you"re living with a girl you"ve been with for 15 years, are you "married" as far as society is concerned even if you don"t have a piece of paper saying so? Does it really matter? Is it going to change your outlook on your relationship knowing you"re not tied down to this bitch and can leave her at any time?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
K`Lag said:
Just do it, who knows you might fall for the girl, bang a few times, break up and then tell us about the texts you exchange 6 months after when you aren"t sure if you still have feelings for her or not.

Okie, maybe a little harsh but you don"t REALLY need our opinion on it do you?
Maybe I wasn"t clear. I wasn"t asking if I should go out on a date with her. That"s a given, she"s attractive and seemed nice enough, so what the hell. I"m more asking if I should do the grand, romantic plan that was thought up by others, or just go grab a bite to eat or a drink or some mini-golf or something instead.

K`Lag_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Maybe I wasn"t clear. I wasn"t asking if I should go out on a date with her. That"s a given, she"s attractive and seemed nice enough, so what the hell. I"m more asking if I should do the grand, romantic plan that was thought up by others, or just go grab a bite to eat or a drink or some mini-golf or something instead.
Well from my perspective, it doesn"t matter if you go for the paddle boat, it was a setup by your friends and not your idea, therefore no pressure for it to be grand or romantic, just deal with it like any normal first date (i.e. don"t spring out the candles and start singing "Kiss the girl").

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
TheCutlery said:
Not entirely true. Read the gay marriage threads. There"s a lot of reasons to be married. End of life care decisions, being immediate family has benefits, health insurance, etc.

If there weren"t tangible reasons to be married, we wouldn"t have a segment of the population trying to make sure they could be. Are you free to decide if it"s worth it? Sure, fine, whatever. But if you"re living with a girl you"ve been with for 15 years, are you "married" as far as society is concerned even if you don"t have a piece of paper saying so? Does it really matter? Is it going to change your outlook on your relationship knowing you"re not tied down to this bitch and can leave her at any time?
They want to be married because they want equality. Which is there every right to have. All people should be given equal opportunities (which does not mean equal results).

But you said it yourself, what does a piece of paper change? Nothing, except she"s now entitled to half your shit. In the era of no fault divorce, this is not a good idea even if the divorce rate was 10%, the risk vs reward factor is just not there. As a man, you receive almost no reward and you take almost all the risk. How often does a man collect alimony? Child support? Hell a man only gets sole custody of his kids 8.8% of the time, and joint custody only an additional 8% of the time.

Now ask yourself, is it really worth all that risk for a piece of paper that changes nothing in the way you feel about each other?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
OhSeven said:
They want to be married because they want equality. Which is there every right to have. All people should be given equal opportunities (which does not mean equal results).

But you said it yourself, what does a piece of paper change? Nothing, except she"s now entitled to half your shit. In the era of no fault divorce, this is not a good idea even if the divorce rate was 10%, the risk vs reward factor is just not there. As a man, you receive almost no reward and you take almost all the risk. How often does a man collect alimony? Child support? Hell a man only gets sole custody of his kids 8.8% of the time, and joint custody only an additional 8% of the time.

Now ask yourself, is it really worth all that risk for a piece of paper that changes nothing in the way you feel about each other?
What"s your health insurance worth? You can"t put your girlfriend on it. What happens when your girlfriend is pregnant with your kid? What happens when your girlfriend breaks up with you and takes the kid? The same shit that happens when you"re married? Oh, got it.

My wife worked a job with no insurance when she was pregnant, she was covered on mine. When she went fucking crazy with post partum depression after the kid, she wouldn"t have been covered, that wouldda cost us a shitload. When she hurt her back, that wouldda bankrupt us. Seems to be a clear benefit to being married here. Yeah, I suppose in your scenario, you just walk away and let her fend for herself, but that"s just not reality.

It"s fine man, you don"t have to get married. But to say there"s no benefit is skewing the facts, at best

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I"m with Cutlery on this. There ARE benefits to marriage, along with drawbacks. Just like there"s benefits to not getting married, and drawbacks to it. Which one makes the most sense for you and your relationship is something you"ll have to decide for yourself. But like it or not, many aspects of our society are pretty well tailored towards marriages, like inheritance laws, benefits, right of attorney and so on.

Plus I think on the intangible side, there really IS something different about being married as opposed to living with someone. Whether the differences are good or bad again depends from case to case.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Alright, well I never expected people to actually be sensible about this so I preemptively went that route.

I"ll admit there is some benefits to marriage, but most of the benefits are for women. I don"t think anyone will argue that most marriages have the woman lower on the economic ladder than the man, while the reverse does happen, it is not as common.

Most of us are current or former MMO players so we"re all familiar with risk vs. reward. As such, I just can"t see how anyone in their right mind would consider the risk vs. reward aspect of marriage in the current social climate a good idea.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I personally don"t see the point in marriage, especially as I live in a country with universal free health care anyway. When you strip away that reason, unless you "want to" or it"s a deal breaker with your woman if you don"t and you want to keep her, there isn"t really much point to it.

I wouldn"t be telling girls up front that you are dating/would like to date that marriage isn"t your thing though. Some women can be quite unreasonable about the need to get married. The kind that plan our their wedding from the time they were little girls etc.

The Foler_sl

shitlord
OhSeven said:

I want the equal right to marry my pet dog, wtf is up with the government denying my equal rights?

PS. GTFO with that talk, keep it in the fag thread in general, dont derail this already pathetic pile of thread.

Vim_foh

shitlord
Inconsiderable said:
She was clearly trying to cause trouble.
This.

I"ve come real close to doing this with my girlfriend, but never really had the balls to. (Thankfully). The few times I came close to, I was simply looking for a reason to back up my mental "fuckness" situation, there was none, only my pussy-assness trying to get some air.

As far as the marriage thing goes. Somebody mentioned how marriage has changed and how people should wait till their lives are more stabilized. I couldn"t agree more. If all my educational goals and maybe career goals come to fruition in the adequate time frame, I expect to be married at around 28-30.

I don"t wanna give the wrong impression though. I also think the marriage thing is not really needed to spend the "rest of your developed life" with someone you love and care about, but like people have mentioned it does have its plus sides.

As a side note, the girl I"ve been dating about 4 months is acting funny. She told me I shouldn"t go to her house last night because she was gonna go to sleep early, she had to wake up early today. Yet she was online all night on messenger and facebook, I noticed today. Now she hasn"t contacted me since 2 PM today, after she asked me if I was out (of work), after I told her I get out at 6 PM.

Now, I am aware that shes going to her girlfriends (girlfriend told me) house and she STILL hasn"t talked to me. Not via, phone, text, messenger or facebook. (I see her online!)

Me being a paranoid pussy or she acting weird?

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Vim said:
This.

I"ve come real close to doing this with my girlfriend, but never really had the balls to. (Thankfully). The few times I came close to, I was simply looking for a reason to back up my mental "fuckness" situation, there was none, only my pussy-assness trying to get some air.

As far as the marriage thing goes. Somebody mentioned how marriage has changed and how people should wait till their lives are more stabilized. I couldn"t agree more. If all my educational goals and maybe career goals come to fruition in the adequate time frame, I expect to be married at around 28-30.

I don"t wanna give the wrong impression though. I also think the marriage thing is not really needed to spend the "rest of your developed life" with someone you love and care about, but like people have mentioned it does have its plus sides.

As a side note, the girl I"ve been dating about 4 months is acting funny. She told me I shouldn"t go to her house last night because she was gonna go to sleep early, she had to wake up early today. Yet she was online all night on messenger and facebook, I noticed today. Now she hasn"t contacted me since 2 PM today, after she asked me if I was out (of work), after I told her I get out at 6 PM.

Now, I am aware that shes going to her girlfriends (girlfriend told me) house and she STILL hasn"t talked to me. Not via, phone, text, messenger or facebook. (I see her online!)

Me being a paranoid pussy or she acting weird?
My opinion, if you plan on keeping her, prepare to get used to the taste of another guys dick when you kiss her.

Vim_foh

shitlord
Hahaha, not the kind of response I expected, but at least you were sincere.

If that is the case, I hope not, obviously. (but too soon to tell). I hope she likes the taste of pussy on mine.