Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Vim said:
P.S. I asked her if she wanted space to see other people or just space for herself and she said she just want space for herself. Oddly enough, I believe her.
Hate to say it man, but your story sounds exactly like mine with Anne. Maybe not exactly, but a lot of similarities. Whether she knows it consciously or not, she may be trying to get you to end the relationship so she doesn"t have to feel the guilt of doing so.

Sorry :/

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think deleting her number right in front of her was honestly the best move you could have done. You showed you had a spine and honestly if you do want to get back with her, thats the best thing you can show.

Don"t backtrack though and call her, or ask friends how she"s doing or whatever, show her it"s her that needs you, not the other way around.

Seethe_foh

shitlord
Pancreas said:
Referencing the above example: "What kind of girl do you think I am?" That"s a landmine if I ever heard one. Lucky for Dro (and the rest of us) he was absent at the time and didn"t discover just how volatile those words really were. Now they will sit in some far off rice paddy for 20 years until some unlucky cow finds it and gets all four of its stomachs blown into a tree. (moo-boom!)
Pure poetry.

So, Eomer, did you do the paddle-boat thing?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Called her Wednesday, got voicemail, left a brief "hey it"s soandso, give me a call back." She texted me 10 minutes later:

Her: Hey, got ur msg..I"m working night shift tonight so ill call u back tom (ugh, "ur". Also I assume she"s a nurse, a lot of her friends are)

Me: Good deal, try not to have too much fun!

Her: lol thanks, ill try

Never heard from her yesterday. Ball"s in her court. As far as the paddle boating goes if she does call, weather"s not that great this weekend so I may go with something else. We shall see. It"s possible she called last night and didn"t leave a message, my phone doesn"t work worth a shit in hockey arenas and I was in one from 7:30-10pm, prime calling time.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dro said:
It"s hard to do, but you"ll be ok.

She may or may not come back to you crying / apologizing. It sucks, but usually when a girl needs space, she has lost interest. She may regain it when you prove that you aren"t a doormat.

@Sutekh - you"re just mad because I called you out on having a vagina.
I honestly don"t even know who you are or anything about you other than the fact that you"re a douchelord.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Vim said:
Hooooly shit, spot on.

So after a night of hanging out, my girl bursts out into tears. In the middle of a farewell party for one of her friends.

Firstly, she confesses the night she went out with her girlfriend, she left the bar with her ex-boyfriend (last I hear that motherfucker was going into priesthood and that he treated her like shit, supposedly they never had sex, just high school early college love bullcrap) Oh and she told me they didn"t do anything. I don"t care.

Strangely enough, I am not mad, just... LOL disappointed.

Anyways, whilst outside, shes crying and saying I love you, I love being with you, etc, etc, etc. "This has all been way too fast, etc", "I need space, etc"

I tell her, how the fuck am I supposed to know that you want space when every time the opportunity to go to your house and stay over arises, you never say no!? I will admit this has been a little fast, but since shes always "go with the flow" with me then I never know.

She says, she loves my company and loves when I stay over, etc. But sometimes she just needs time or space, whichever. I don"t mind giving her space, but she"s never really vocalized this crap.

"I"m confused"

Fuck me.

P.S. I asked her if she wanted space to see other people or just space for herself and she said she just want space for herself. Oddly enough, I believe her.
The fact that you asked means that she thinks you"re thinking about it, and in her mind that will justify her seeing other dudes while you "give her space".

You want this girl on a short leash or do you want her to keep playing games with you?

If you"re done with the bullshit then you find yourself a new bitch while you two are "on this break". Make sure you are at the same bars/clubs/where ever and she see"s you with bitch number 2. You laugh loud, you smile a lot, you just look like you"re having the time of your fucking life. She will get jealous, she"ll either one call you first and ask who that was, at which point you can say "oh just a friend" and she"ll eventually crawl back to you OR she"ll try the same thing in which case you act happy for her and eventually, so long as you keep flaunting this new found love of everything without her in her face, she"ll come crawling back.

Learn and follow the bottom bitch theory.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE9EGfrTH1s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE9EGfrTH1s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Grozmok_foh

shitlord
OhSeven said:
Learn and follow the bottom bitch theory.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE9EGfrTH1s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE9EGfrTH1s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Holy shit, I love you for posting that vid.

Grozmok_foh

shitlord
Kenadul said:
Yeah the biggest thing that I screwed up is having those pictures in the first place. I never thought of them or looked at them either, so having them there was just asking for something like that to happen.
I lurk here a lot (this thread), never post, but this just made me feel like I had to say something. Having pictures of another woman on your phone is not a big deal. Obviously it is a landmine for an unstable, insecure woman to find, but any woman who is secure enough in her own position with you and has had partners in the past realizes that it is no big deal. You keep saying it is such a bad problem, but it isn"t. The same kind of woman that will blow up and go back to her abusive, controlling ex after seeing evidence of your past with any woman would do the same with or without evidence. The fact that she reacted the way she did suggests her trust in men has been destroyed and is only seeking someone to make her suffer as her ex did, that is why she left. It happens a lot - after being in an abusive relationship for so long, people tend to become addicted and want the abuse more, so they will either create a source of tension themselves (which she did), and when that fails, simply go back to someone who will do it for them (which she did also).

Dating someone with trust issues is pointless. Don"t beat yourself up over it.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Grozmok said:
I lurk here a lot (this thread), never post, but this just made me feel like I had to say something. Having pictures of another woman on your phone is not a big deal. Obviously it is a landmine for an unstable, insecure woman to find, but any woman who is secure enough in her own position with you and has had partners in the past realizes that it is no big deal. You keep saying it is such a bad problem, but it isn"t. The same kind of woman that will blow up and go back to her abusive, controlling ex after seeing evidence of your past with any woman would do the same with or without evidence. The fact that she reacted the way she did suggests her trust in men has been destroyed and is only seeking someone to make her suffer as her ex did, that is why she left. It happens a lot - after being in an abusive relationship for so long, people tend to become addicted and want the abuse more, so they will either create a source of tension themselves (which she did), and when that fails, simply go back to someone who will do it for them (which she did also).

So you"d be cool with your gf/girl/woman getting pics sent to them by other guys? And it isn"t necessarily a stability/security issue. My gf and I have been together for +4 years and don"t have any trust issues. We both have friends of the opposite sex that we hang out with and it"s not a problem. But neither of us think it"s appropriate when in a relationship to be sending/receiving photos of that nature.

Pren_foh

shitlord
Pancreas said:

You see, women are naturally defensive. It is their biological burden in life to raise their screaming and kicking offspring to adulthood so that the species may flourish. This forces them to be resourceful, zealous, and brutal when they feel their situation is in jeopardy. All you need to do to find out just how vicious a woman can be... make her feel insecure.

Coupled with this desire to breath fire when backed into a corner, women also have a desire to attract the most suitable mate to insure a more stable environ for themselves or their young. This means one thing for us... lots of questions.

So now you may see the storm on the horizon. A multitude of emotional, insecure, and frequently brutal individuals with long nails seek our intimate counsel and are poised to attack at any sign of weakness, fear, or apathy.

So what to do? Well just as with any other wild creature, stay very still and very quiet. By doing so the woman is left with her own musings and forced to make up her mind without our interference. I mean I sure as shit don"t know how a woman"s mind works... why the fuck am I going to start pulling levers and pushing buttons by offering any kind of input.

Tits!
So women are dragons... that breathe fire... from their breasts?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
ToeMissile said:
So you"d be cool with your gf/girl/woman getting pics sent to them by other guys? And it isn"t necessarily a stability/security issue. My gf and I have been together for +4 years and don"t have any trust issues. We both have friends of the opposite sex that we hang out with and it"s not a problem. But neither of us think it"s appropriate when in a relationship to be sending/receiving photos of that nature.
He said they were all old pictures from girls he knew before he started dating her.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Inconsiderable said:
Does it matter? You talk about it, instead of telling your family first and being a crazy bitch about it. Well... at least if you are not a crazy bitch.
I agree that she overreacted, but I think she"s justified in being at least a little pissed off about it.

there were two pictures of this girls ass in underwear/swimsuitfrom a few months back while we were togetherthat she said really pissed her off.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Grozmok said:

Yeah she like all women had bits of insecurities and it would occasionally come up but she was beautiful and I would remind her of that often. The worst of the pictures were very old and two of them which were basically the same were sent to me while we were dating. I simply should have deleted those right away as I did not look at them even once after she sent them. I think you are right about the abusive relationship part as well. I had the same thought that she like many women who have been through that almost want to create an environment of chaos at times because they have gotten use to that in past relationships. Luckily that did not come up much with us until this incident but it is very telling. To the guy that said she should have talked to me about it before running to her friends and family and getting it set in her mind that I cheated on her with 40 chicks is so right, that is the biggest problem I have, and it goes back to immaturity. I am still moving on and not looking back btw.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Summary: You shouldn"t have had the photos, she shouldn"t have blown up about them, you shouldn"t have apologized so strongly because it was a minor transgression.

If she"s even listening to her abusive ex (she answered his call weeks before the picture incident, correct?), she gets something from him that she"s not getting from you. Drama, passion, excitement--doesn"t matter what it is, it just matters that she"s not getting it from you. This picture thing is just the catalyst that broke a dying relationship; it didn"t cause the death.

Lesson to be learned: don"t have pictures of other girls in your phone when you"re dating someone, and most importantly, let YOUR judgment of a situation determine your response, not someone else"s judgment. Your response to her should have been saying that even though they"re old pictures that you had forgotten about, you shouldn"t have had them on your phone and that you"re sorry. The end. Apologizing profusely justifies her freakout because you are basically saying that you did a terrible deed. Doesn"t matter in this situation though because the relationship was probably dead anyway given her reaction and past behavior.

Kenadul

Dabamf said:
Summary: You shouldn"t have had the photos, she shouldn"t have blown up about them, you shouldn"t have apologized so strongly because it was a minor transgression.

If she"s even listening to her abusive ex (she answered his call weeks before the picture incident, correct?), she gets something from him that she"s not getting from you. Drama, passion, excitement--doesn"t matter what it is, it just matters that she"s not getting it from you. This picture thing is just the catalyst that broke a dying relationship; it didn"t cause the death.

Lesson to be learned: don"t have pictures of other girls in your phone when you"re dating someone, and most importantly, let YOUR judgment of a situation determine your response, not someone else"s judgment. Your response to her should have been saying that even though they"re old pictures that you had forgotten about, you shouldn"t have had them on your phone and that you"re sorry. The end. Apologizing profusely justifies her freakout because you are basically saying that you did a terrible deed. Doesn"t matter in this situation though because the relationship was probably dead anyway given her reaction and past behavior.
I agree completely except my apologizing was more about me checking her phone and the big ass fight where she went nuts. When this all went down in the beginning I told her that it was ridiculous and even laughed at how she was making it such a big deal when it was nothing, the laughing was probably a bad idea and pissed her off, but I was more pissed than apologetic until I looked through her phone.

Brad2770

I think that is a normal guy reaction. When I was younger, I used to laugh when I was getting in trouble from my mom... it just made her more angry. When my ex wife used to yell at me, I would laugh... and it just made her more angry. The sad part is, I never actually found it funny, it was just some stupid involuntary reaction to the situation.

It always seems to happen when the anger comes from a female. I dont think I have laughed at a man.

Kenadul

Inconsiderable said:
I like the part where she freaked and you laughed. I tend to do the same and cannot stop myself.
Yeah I did too, when I was at work the day it all happened or the day after we were texting and she was like, what the hell was that picture, and I sent back "an ass lol" and then it was downhill from there haha, oh well.

It"s funny when you are in a situation yourself it is so easy to be blinded by stupidity and do all of the things you would tell someone to never do. There are examples all over in this thread from people who have solid advice for everyone else and then screw up and do the things they would tell someone to never do themselves. In my case I should have just stayed down the path of she is blowing this useless shit out of proportion and that if it continues I am done talking about it and that I don"t appreciate her running to her friends and family making me look bad without working it out between us.