Girls who broke your heart thread

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah, definitely just gonna let her do her thing when she requests it, easy enough. Good to have my own time as well. Thanks boys!

TheCutlery said:
Similar shit here. It"s mostly the reason I work overnights, so I"ve got a solid 6 hours to myself every single day before people start bothering me and pissing on my parade.

I don"t know if you can really qualify it as some kind of bullshit fake syndrome though. That"s just going along with the need to classify everything as a medical problem. People just need alone time. I"m pretty sure the people who don"t are the exceptions, not the norm.
I disagree. I know quite some people that need to be around people all the time or they go crazy. Also... there is a difference to simple "alone time". For example, if I see people one or two days in a row to hang out... I need the same amount of me-time or I get quite annoying. I suddenly just start to dislike the people around me and feel a need to display that dislike.
Work also gives me high online time, because seeing people 8 hours at work already begins to trigger that feeling. When I get home I usually dont want to see other people.

So yea, I disagree.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Brad2770 said:
Ok, there are details I left out because I honestly didnt think this story would be a big deal, I was only commenting on my evening with Julie and that was a point of interest.

We went to the lake about 1pm. We swam for about 4 and 1/2 hours and Julie was ready to go, but her 3 daughters (a 9 year old and 7 year old twins- All from her only husband.... who she left because he beat her) and my son wanted to stay, so I convinced her to stay. Then we started seeing what I described before. He hit her in the face, held her underwater for about 10 seconds before I started in that direction. He let go with one arm when he saw me coming and was speaking Spanish at first. I "yelled" that his ass better hope he speaks English or I was going to start with an "ass whoopin" first so he would understand. I get in his face and tell him to leave her alone. He is still holding her other arm, but paying attention to me, telling me its none of my business/concern. I tell him it is my concern when he is hitting/drowning a woman (a lot of this repeated several times).

This was about 30 seconds of yelling and 2 younger guys swam up behind us. Probably early 20"s. They said they saw everything and would watch the guy if I would go call the cops.

Julie was in the process of herding the kids out of the water, because if something did happen, we didnt want them to see, so i got out of the water and I initiated the call to the cops, but as soon as I started talking to the 911 operator, he started smacking her and pushing her underwater again and the 2 young men kind of backed away, not doing shit. I told the operator I needed to go to help her again and she said I needed to stay on the phone until the police get there. I told her I wasnt going to watch this happen and set the phone down and ran towards the water. The guy let go of the woman, and told me that I was now in trouble with him, his Uncle (who was in the army) and his cousins. He got out of the water, made a phone call to someone (speaking in spanish.... and Julie doesnt know spanish) and then started yelling things to the woman, who was still in the water, in spanish.

He started walking to the parking lot and I got in his face again. I told him that he was sticking around to answer for what he had done to her. He yelled at me again in spanish and turned around and went back to the water, talking ot the woman from the shore. Julie had picked up the phone (when I set it down earlier) and finished the description and location of where we were. The cops finally showed up, had me point the guy out and they went down, talked to him and finally arrested him.

One of the cops talked to the woman, begging her to get help from a free shelter, gave her all of the info, but she was telling the cop nothing happened. The cop told us he sees stuff like that all the time. He said we did the right thing, even though she will probably go back to him.

So thats what happened. I got involved because Julie had things like that happen before to her, plus my son was there and her daughters and I didnt want them to see that.
9mm hollowpoints would of solved all of this.

Mist_foh

shitlord
True introverts derive stimulation from within. Being around other people causes them to become overstimulated, which causes anxiety. So it"s actually not that they need time to recharge, they actually need the time to de-stress, get back to some semblance of balance.

Conversely, extroverts derive stimulation from external events, like other people, or exciting situations, or shiny, pretty colors... (just kidding [not really]). Without them, they become understimulated, which can lead to boredom, loneliness or even depression.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
Mist said:
So it"s actually not that they need time to recharge, they actually need the time to de-stress, get back to some semblance of balance.
That kind of still sounds like recharging to me.

Anyway, I think regardless of what category your lady friends fall under, they all will need this at some point. Some more than others (and some even more extreme). I personally don"t verbalize my need for "me time" or "recharging", as I"d be worried it could come off as "I need time away from you" and that is never the case. I wouldn"t want to risk it being misunderstood so I just find something to do and that"s that! I think it"s a part of being a human, not a woman, introvert, whatever. When you find yourself being a dick and snapping at someone for no reason...go recharge.

My me time is usually doing something productive (not always), I"ve found a new joy in cleaning the pool (and firing the worthless pool guy). It"s nice to start before everyone is awake and be finishing right as they start getting up. I also like the Starbucks trips, going to Barnes and Noble, and of course, shopping.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
She"s totally sleeping with another guy. How am I the first to say this?

Just kidding. Thread feels unusual without that conclusion under any circumstance.

I"ll echo what everyone else said. Introverts (and there are varying degrees) require alone time, and most importantly, require noexpectationfrom other people. Something like "ok I know you need your time, but will you be able to hang out in 3 hours?" completely ruins the destressing factor. If you can avoid that, the important thing is just for her to communicate to you when she needs time. If she fails to do that, that"s where you gotta put some pressure on her to be more communicative. I"m moderately introverted and require the same alone time. People like that feel somewhat suffocated when they are around people for prolonged periods of time, even good friends whom they feel at ease around. Extroverts interpret it as being an asshole or just being weird if they don"t understand different personalities. On the other hand, introverts often interpret extroverts as needy and overly reliant on other people (i.e. somewhat pathetic). Both types need to be aware of the differences.

You are certainly gonna take it personally at first, especially if you are heavily extroverted. That"s just a natural response to someone saying "I don"t want to see you." Just remind yourself it"snotpersonal, and you"ll get used to it soon enough.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoyUidSqYY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoyUidSqYY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Needless

Toe Sucker
related to my previous post, I"m trying to find something to do during the evenings, i"m currently considering a 2nd job as one of my higher options as it"ll give me more money and i"ll meet some new people.. i haven"t really reconnected to anybody since i moved back to this city, either that or possibly take some later classes. Any suggestions on some indoors evening/night time hobbies though? My only real hobby is photography, i consider gaming to be a filler now adays which is far too frequent and less appealing lately.

I currently do web development from home, so my social interaction is next to nothing, which is why a more social possible retail job or something during the evenings maybe a good idea?

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Start a kickball league. That"s what I intend to do once I move out to Cali at the end of this year.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
The Ancient said:
So many things wrong with this post.

But I totally support your decisions(!) on the condition that you post about the trainwreck after it happens.
You guys are probably right... I shouldn"t ask her in front of everyone unless I"m 100% sure she"s waiting for it.

I"ll probably try for a lonely moment under the tree in their yard.
If she says no, it"s a great place to hide the body.

Seriously though, I"m buying that ring, and I"m asking her to marry me, will still have to think about the setting it seems...

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Needless said:
I currently do web development from home, so my social interaction is next to nothing, which is why a more social possible retail job or something during the evenings maybe a good idea?
Don"t get a part time job to meet people who begrudgingly work there and hate their job and probably their life.

Do an activity to meet people. Martial arts, language class, cooking/pottery/whateverthefuck class, one of the 1000 variety of dancing classes available (benefit is women, also), one of the 1000 meetup.com groups in your area. Hiking, rock climbing, rafting, and whatever other category of hobby (I only have experience with adventurous ones, and they have some solid people in them, not at all what you think of when you think "lol online friend finding").

Most importantly is do something that you"ll enjoy and you"re not killing time thinking "when can I make friends." Keep busy with activities you enjoy that are reasonably social and the friends will fall into place...conveniently via the activities you enjoy.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Brad2770 said:
Take her on a shark fishing trip. If she says no......

How long have you two been together?
Good idea on the shark fishing thing, not so practical though - not enough shark.

It"s been a year and a few weeks (Aug 10 2009). I"m looking at "around christmas" for the question.

Yeah I know, "too soon".
Well I was with the crazy ex for roughly 4.5 years and marrying her never crossed my mind after the initial rush... sooo it"s better this time. The desire actually gets stronger as time goes by.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Zehn - Vhex said:
Start a kickball league. That"s what I intend to do once I move out to Cali at the end of this year.
That"s actually a really good idea, but you likely wouldn"t even need to start it. Many decent sized cities have various recreational sports leagues that play things like dodgeball, ultimate frisbee etc. Example:Edmonton Sport and Social Club | Co-ed Recreational Sports Leagues | Edmonton Sports Clubs

You can form your own teams, or join the "singles" teams they put together. It"s pretty good fun, good exercise, and likely a good way to meet new people.

Dabamf said:
Don"t get a part time job to meet people who begrudgingly work there and hate their job and probably their life.
Depends on the job, although for the most part I agree with you. Depending on the establishment and clientelle, some jobs in the service industry could be worthwhile to consider. I"ve honestly considered working as a porter or bartender for my bud on weekends just for the fun of it, but I don"t have the time.

Still hadn"t heard from her by Friday. Now keep in mind I hadn"t been contacting her since the initial phone call. She"d texted me two or three times saying "I"m busy, but I"ll call you soon!" unprompted. But as it turns out, my initial thought when she left Folk Fest and mentioned "plans with a friend" turned out to be true. I texted her just before falling asleep on Friday:

Me: So is it fair to say paddle boating is off?

Her (next day): Lol, maybe if the weather didn"t suck! Sorry i"ve been so busy, and I"ll be honest when we met I was figuring things out with a guy and still am, so right now is just a good time for me... *I would assume she meant not*

Me: I figured as much with the plans to see a "friend" at folk fest Truth be told I don"t remember much of that night! Either way, give me a shout if you"re bored as opposed to busy...

Her: lol yeah, I don"t remember a whole lot of that night... it was nice to have met you tho, and ya I"ll give u a shout if I"m bored!

Also went and had some appies and drinks with Xerxes on Saturday afternoon. Without writing a novel, it was at times fun and at times excruciating. She"s fun to hang out with alone, but I dunno, I just do not enjoy her company in public. Either way, not much happened nor is it likely to. I wouldn"t say I"ve been friend zoned per say, but if I want back in those pants I"ll have to date her again, and that"s just something I don"t have any interest in.

Brad2770

Ronaan said:
Good idea on the shark fishing thing, not so practical though - not enough shark.

It"s been a year and a few weeks (Aug 10 2009). I"m looking at "around christmas" for the question.

Yeah I know, "too soon".
Well I was with the crazy ex for roughly 4.5 years and marrying her never crossed my mind after the initial rush... sooo it"s better this time. The desire actually gets stronger as time goes by.
I was not going to bash you about the "Too soon" stuff, just wondering how you know in such a short period of time.

I knew my ex for 3 years before we started dating. We dated for 6 months before i asked her and then it was another year and 4 months before we got married. Looking back on it, I felt that was too quick.

I just have a hard time understanding the thought process of getting serious enough to do that again. I guess I was hoping you could explain more than just "I just know".

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Ronaan said:
You guys are probably right... I shouldn"t ask her in front of everyone unless I"m 100% sure she"s waiting for it.

I"ll probably try for a lonely moment under the tree in their yard.
If she says no, it"s a great place to hide the body.

Seriously though, I"m buying that ring, and I"m asking her to marry me, will still have to think about the setting it seems...
Yeah man, "don"t ask me any questions if you buy me a ring" isn"t a secret code. If you ask her to marry you, she"s gonna dump your ass.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OR_3jKjOHk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OR_3jKjOHk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sinron_foh

shitlord
Gryeyes said:
Oh man, that has got to suck. 12 months though, that is hardly enough time to be that confident.
Took me 5 years..Did it when it felt right. So far so good. lol. Been together 13 going on 14.