Girls who broke your heart thread

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Raw dogging is a prerequisite for me enter a committed relationship. Never even had a real "scare". All of my friends with children fucked for years with no protection before eventually breeding...

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Awlbiste said:
Thankfully my current relationship does not involve children. If it should end for some reason (knock on wood) my next one won"t either. Frankly, I"d rather be alone forever than have to deal with children.

This is just me, personally.
Hey, we found someone who doesn"t like kids. Now you can step out of the conversation because you"re not in the norm either.

Shots_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Hey, we found someone who doesn"t like kids. Now you can step out of the conversation because you"re not in the norm either.
I thought hating kids was the norm? Reading more and more of your posts, I think you"re in an alternate reality and your posts are reaching the wrong side. Let"s take your percentage of teen moms and whatnot, top on your failed relationships and just having kids too early, and you"ve got a whole culture of people that hate kids but have them.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Shots said:
I thought hating kids was the norm? Reading more and more of your posts
Its his way to defend being a mindless breeder whose entire fate was dictated by his weak will and ovulating hog woman. So now he has rewritten reality in which his lot in life isn"t downright sad. And is fact a virtue! Hey guys lets get randoms knocked up and ruin our lives like him!

I didn"t. But to expect that you"re going to make it through the prime breeding years without encountering a significant percentage of the population having done so is ridiculous.
Indeed the uneducated and poor will have a gaggle of children by 30. Tho if you are not a member of that demographic it becomes a fairly common thing to not have children and in fact have a life.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
On the whole "if she"s 30 and still has no kids (or a horribly wrecked relationship) to show, something is wrong with her" theory:

It"s wrong.

My fianc?e (heh) was single for over 10 years before she met me. No one-night-stands either. Nothing. Just her and her hand.

Her brother told me he feared they"d have put "Unopened, Return To Sender" on her headstone one day.

On the other hand, crazy_ex from a few years ago had both, two rotten kids AND a horribly wrecked relationship...

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Ronaan said:
On the whole "if she"s 30 and still has no kids (or a horribly wrecked relationship) to show, something is wrong with her" theory:

It"s wrong.

My fianc?e (heh) was single for over 10 years before she met me. No one-night-stands either. Nothing. Just her and her hand.

Her brother told me he feared they"d have put "Unopened, Return To Sender" on her headstone one day.
Oh yeah, that"s entirely normal. I can see why you"d think I"m wrong. Pretty much all women you meet at 30 are like that.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
STFU TheCutlery, you are saying just stupid, wrong shit. There are plenty of women who don"t have kids at 30 because they were responsible enough to prioritize other things in their life. A 30 year old with kids is either the product of a marriage that was a failure or was irresponsible enough to bring children into a non-permanent relationship. So even without taking the children themselves into consideration, it"s completely fair to take that fact as a negative.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
The Ancient said:
STFU TheCutlery, you are saying just stupid, wrong shit. There are plenty of women who don"t have kids at 30 because they were responsible enough to prioritize other things in their life. A 30 year old with kids is either the product of a marriage that was a failure or was irresponsible enough to bring children into a non-permanent relationship. So even without taking the children themselves into consideration, it"s completely fair to take that fact as a negative.
Yeah, and guess what? None of those well adjusted, prioritized women are interested in any of these socially awkward fucks.

"I have a hard time talking to people, I just can"t do it!" Yeah, you"re scoring big points with the chick bringing down 100k a year who put her career before her family.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You"re forgetting you don"t know true happiness unless you have a bunch of kids shitting their pants and screaming in your ear at all hours of the day and night. You unhappy fuck.

BTW my GF is 30 and no kids

MrGraham_foh

shitlord
Not having kids is becoming more and more of "the norm" among the educated mid to upper class this board probably primarily represents. Among my friends (largely IT workers, men and women), all of whom are 25+, having children is by far the minority.

Turkish_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
You"re forgetting you don"t know true happiness unless you have a bunch of kids shitting their pants and screaming in your ear at all hours of the day and night. You unhappy fuck.

BTW my GF is 30 and no kids
Eh, umbrella statements about being happy in regard to having children are just silly.

I have friends with children and I have friends without and there is no huge difference in how satisfied they are with their lives. Your insinuation that cleaning up shit makes you unhappy is misguided for one specific reason; this is not some stranger"s kid who"s shit you are cleaning up. No one wants to clean some other person"s kid"s shit up, but this is your own child you are talking about. That fact alone will put it into a very different context. I personally don"t want kids, but if I had a child and that child let off a IED on the changing table, I"d feel it was my duty take care of it. It wouldn"t make me unhappy. Frustrated? Sure, but being happy with your life isn"t determined by these types of moments.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
MrGraham said:
Not having kids is becoming more and more of "the norm" among the educated mid to upper class this board probably primarily represents. Among my friends (largely IT workers, men and women), all of whom are 25+, having children is by far the minority.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PSROlfR7WTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vinen

God is dead
Screamfeeder said:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PSROlfR7WTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sad how true this movie is turning out to be.

You talk like a fag.

Dis

Confirmed Male
MrGraham said:
Declining birth rate is a bad thing for developed countries. I am doing my part to counter that, my second is on the way. FYI wife and I got married at 29(her), and 28(me). We didnt have our first kid until she was 34, our second she is 36. This is the last one however, I was hoping for 3, but this last one was tough on her.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dis said:
Declining birth rate is a bad thing for developed countries. I am doing my part to counter that, my second is on the way. FYI wife and I got married at 29(her), and 28(me). We didnt have our first kid until she was 34, our second she is 36. This is the last one however, I was hoping for 3, but this last one was tough on her.
I don"t think anyone here is arguing anti-kid. You did it in a responsible fashion. That is fine if you that is the lifestyle choice you wanted. However trying to act like it is some social stigma to be 30 without children is a complete fallacy. The only people I know at my age who have children are those who really shouldn"t.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Tenks said:
I don"t think anyone here is arguing anti-kid. You did it in a responsible fashion. That is fine if you that is the lifestyle choice you wanted. However trying to act like it is some social stigma to be 30 without children is a complete fallacy. The only people I know at my age who have children are those who really shouldn"t.
Does having children make you happy? - CNN.com

TLDR: Having children in the US sucks because the government doesnt have very family friendly policies as compared to other developed countries (no surprise there)

Also, short term (IE when your kids are young) parents are more stressed than childless couples (duh), but long term seem to have the same or less stress when kids grow up and move out (again duh)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Dis said:
TLDR: Having children in the US sucks because the government doesnt have very family friendly policies as compared to other developed countries (no surprise there)
Article didn"t say that at all.
Not too long, did read:
Simon and Glass are working on a project to compare the "emotional well-being" of U.S. parents versus parents from 21 other developed countries. They expect parents from countries with greater support systems than the U.S. to fare better, but don"t want to make that assumption until their research is complete.

Dis

Confirmed Male
The Ancient said:
Article didn"t say that at all.
Not too long, did read:
I went ahead and made that assumption for them though. Sorry, didn"t give full disclosure.