Girls who broke your heart thread

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Saladus said:
I"ve heard from many female friends that dating a guy with a huge dick isn"t all that bad if all they have to do is cuddle it.
What about kissing it on the forehead? Can they do that long-term?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Adebisi the Onion Knight said:
Is there an app I can download that will tell me if my penis is too big to be enjoyed by the ladies?

It can be for either iPhone or Blackberry.
Well, it"s not exactly an app, but this should do.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eomer said:
Maybe he could have framed it more, uh, positively, but he"s got a point. 5"9" 200lbs is fairly overweight, 30-40lbs, and yet he"s commented that the only women who seem interested in him are often overweight as well. Unless he"s got other awesome things to draw girls in like personality/humor/game, unfortunately he"s going to have to choose between cute chubby chicks, or semi-ugly skinny ones. He does alright money wise, but frankly unless you"re making huge bank being in the low six figure range really doesn"t do you a damn thing in attracting females IMO.
My problem is that I"m not getting any interest from cute chubby chicks or even semi-ugly skinny ones. I"m not looking for a fucking 10 or even a 9.

I do "compromise", that"s what put me in my current depression... any girl that weighs more than say 250lbs isn"t going to qualify as a "cute chubby chick", at least to me. I promised myself I wasn"t going to do that again, and then I did, just because I was horny.

I do work out regularly btw. (I"m the same weight I was when I was in the military, a lot of it is muscle) I do need to improve my diet though, so I"ll keep working on myself for my own improvement. If I could get rid of my gut completely that"d be a good goal to accomplish.

My major problem is I need to step my game up.

Malkav

French Madman
I still don"t get how some guys can just fuck a whale just to get over being horny.

Controling your urges and having some goddamn self respect is too hard to ask now?

I"d rather fap than fuck an ugly fat chick.

Precision : "cute chubby" is ok in my book if she is also has something in her head.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The dumber the chubby is, the easier it is to not give a shit when you cut it out.

Something that seems to be an ongoing issue.

bofa_sl

shitlord
could use some advice here gents. pretty sure I know what direction I"m going to move in, just want some others input.

long story short, I meet a very attractive 21 year old (i"m 25) through a mutual friend. she was "hanging out" with someone I also knew at the time, didn"t really care for the kid, but it only lasted maybe three weeks with them? we end up friends on facebook, she wants to come hang with my friends and I one weekend, I oblige and we end up hitting it off pretty well.

fast forward, we"ve been on a couple of dates, text just about every day and both her good girlfriends say she"s into me and "i"m doing everything right". so Monday I end up winning tickets to a minor league baseball game in town and ask her to tag along if she doesn"t have plans. she says she"s busy that night and doing dinner with a friend on Tuesday (tonight), and want"s to hang Thursday. I shrug it off and tell her to gimme a shout sometime when she"s free.

so this afternoon I"m wrapping up work at my yard and my boy drives up and just comes out with it that she"s going out to dinner with his friend Chris (i"ve meet the kid twice, he"s been to my place once), annnd that"s when the "hit in the gut" feeling comes sinking in. I"m sorta stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one as we"ve only hung out about five times, haven"t had any sort of "talk" if you will about seeing other people etc etc. I guess you could say that i"m starting to get feelings for this chick as we"ve had a blast every time we"ve hung out, amazing in bed and from what I"ve gathered is that she"s pretty into me.

i"d say i"ve played my best hands of cards with this girl to date; not being needy, aloof, letting her know when she"s disrespected me, not being available etc. part of me just wants to blow her off thursday with a "already have plans" response when she texts me, keep that routine up for a week or so, let her keep hanging with this Chris dude if she wants to and let her make the decision for herself. mind you, i"ve taken her hot air balooning, dave concert, into nyc for the night and a wine festival. not bragging or anything, but I"d say I set bar for a while that he"ll have to sorta compete with. however, after talking to my boy and him letting Chris know that we were sorta talking, Chris claims that she was the one trying to get them to hang out.

the other side of me just wants to tell her to fuck off, let her do the 21 year old thing and move on to someone who has their act together (she lost her license till january for a dui, no college and is a part time secretary at a law firm). it"s just tough to digest at this point as I do have feelings for the girl and could really deff see potential for girlfriend material. I think if I go in this route, it"ll show insecurity and a lack of confidence.

so what do I do, play harder to get in attempt for her to chase, wondering why I"m blowing her off. orr tell the bitch to go fuck herself.

thanks for the read.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
bofa said:
could use some advice here gents. pretty sure I know what direction I"m going to move in, just want some others input.

long story short, I meet a very attractive 21 year old (i"m 25) through a mutual friend. she was "hanging out" with someone I also knew at the time, didn"t really care for the kid, but it only lasted maybe three weeks with them? we end up friends on facebook, she wants to come hang with my friends and I one weekend, I oblige and we end up hitting it off pretty well.

fast forward, we"ve been on a couple of dates, text just about every day and both her good girlfriends say she"s into me and "i"m doing everything right". so Monday I end up winning tickets to a minor league baseball game in town and ask her to tag along if she doesn"t have plans. she says she"s busy that night and doing dinner with a friend on Tuesday (tonight), and want"s to hang Thursday. I shrug it off and tell her to gimme a shout sometime when she"s free.

so this afternoon I"m wrapping up work at my yard and my boy drives up and just comes out with it that she"s going out to dinner with his friend Chris (i"ve meet the kid twice, he"s been to my place once), annnd that"s when the "hit in the gut" feeling comes sinking in. I"m sorta stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one as we"ve only hung out about five times, haven"t had any sort of "talk" if you will about seeing other people etc etc. I guess you could say that i"m starting to get feelings for this chick as we"ve had a blast every time we"ve hung out, amazing in bed and from what I"ve gathered is that she"s pretty into me.

i"d say i"ve played my best hands of cards with this girl to date; not being needy, aloof, letting her know when she"s disrespected me, not being available etc. part of me just wants to blow her off thursday with a "already have plans" response when she texts me, keep that routine up for a week or so, let her keep hanging with this Chris dude if she wants to and let her make the decision for herself. mind you, i"ve taken her hot air balooning, dave concert, into nyc for the night and a wine festival. not bragging or anything, but I"d say I set bar for a while that he"ll have to sorta compete with. however, after talking to my boy and him letting Chris know that we were sorta talking, Chris claims that she was the one trying to get them to hang out.

the other side of me just wants to tell her to fuck off, let her do the 21 year old thing and move on to someone who has their act together (she lost her license till january for a dui, no college and is a part time secretary at a law firm). it"s just tough to digest at this point as I do have feelings for the girl and could really deff see potential for girlfriend material. I think if I go in this route, it"ll show insecurity and a lack of confidence.

so what do I do, play harder to get in attempt for her to chase, wondering why I"m blowing her off. orr tell the bitch to go fuck herself.

thanks for the read.
So it seems you want exclusivity, but never had that conversation with her. Tell her in a manner that is appropriate based on your dealings with her thus far. As far as you"ve made known, you don"t have any basis to be mad at her. If she"s indecisive/strings you along after letting her know you"re interested in more then just write it off and move on.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
bofa said:

thanks for the read.
Well its good she was honest and said she had plans and offered a different date/time. Thats a good sign. But the hourglass sand is running out to make a move. You really need to put all your cards on the table (in a manly way ... not a pussy way) about how you are interested in dating her. Do not ask for an exclusive thing just yet. If she agrees you"re in solid. If she says "no" then you know the score.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have to say at least she gave you a counter-offer for a hangout time. I"ve dated a ton of chicks recently, and you can always tell the flaky ones / not interested in further dating ones by if they simply do that or not.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
what"s the deal with okcupid girls? are they for the most part stone cold bitches lookin for a sugardaddy?

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
In my experience okcupid and pof is an even mixture of desperate uglies, chicks just looking for an ego boost and women actually datable and interested to date (tho most of them have the personality of drywall).

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Ser Kegkilla said:
what"s the deal with okcupid girls? are they for the most part stone cold bitches lookin for a sugardaddy?
LoL you see the shit from gizmodo? funny shit, quoting because they don"t need more page hits. attached is the chick.

I am convinced that none of this happened and she is likely friends with the guy and its all a setup..but yeah, just a fun read.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
This story sounds mean. It's about a girl judging a boy because he's a nerd (like so many of us!) that she met on OkCupid. But that's the point: Judging people on shallow stuff is human nature, and the magic and absurdity of online dating is how immediately and directly it throws that into relief. One person's Magic is another person's fingernail biting, and no profile in the world is deep enough to account for that.

Australian Editor's Note: We disagree with the US author of this post, more: Alyssa Bereznak Just Reminded Us That Women Can Be Predators Online Too

Earlier this month, I came home drunk and made an OKCupid profile. What the hell, I thought. I'm busy, I'm single, and everybody's doing it. Sure, I'd heard horror stories, but what was the worst that could happen?

Two weeks into my online dating experiment, OKCupid had broken me down. It was like the online equivalent to hanging out alone in a dark, date-rapey bar. Every time I signed on, I was hit by a barrage of creepy messages. "Dem gurl u so foine, iwud lik veru much for me nd u to be marry n procreate." Or "your legs do look strong." So when I saw an IM from a guy saying, "You should go out with me " I was relieved. He seemed normal. I gave him my name. "Google away," I said. Then dinner was ready, and I signed off without remembering to do the same.

We met for a drink later that week. He was thin and tall, dressed in a hedge fund uniform with pale skin and pierced ears. We started talking about normal stuff - family, work, college. I told him my brother was a gamer. And then he casually mentioned that he played Magic: The Gathering when he was younger.

"Actually," he paused. "I'm the world champion."

I laughed. Oh that's a funny joke! I thought. This guy is funny! But the earnest look on his face told me he wasn't kidding.

I gulped my beer and thought about Magic, that strategic collectible card game involving wizards and spells and other detailed geekery. A long-forgotten fad, like pogs or something. But before I could dig deeper, we had to go. He had bought us tickets for a one-man show based on serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer's life story. It was not a particularly romantic evening.

The next day I Googled my date and a wealth of information flowed into my browser. A Wikipedia page! Competition videos! Fanboy forums! This guy isn't just some professional who dabbled in card games at a tender age. He's widely revered in the game of Magic that he's been immortalised in his own playing card.

Just like you're obligated to mention you're divorced or have a kid in your online profile, shouldn't someone also be required to disclose any indisputably geeky world championship titles? But maybe it was a long time ago? We met for round two later that week.

At dinner I got straight down to it. Did he still play? "Yes." Strike one. How often? "I'm preparing for a tournament this weekend." Strike two. Who did he hang out with? "I've met all my best friends through Magic." Strike three. I smiled and nodded and listened. Eventually I even felt a little bit bad that I didn't know shit about the game. Here was a guy who had dedicated a good chunk of his life to mastering Magic, on a date with a girl who can barely play Solitaire. This is what happens, I thought, when you lie in your online profile. I was lured on a date thinking I'd met a normal finance guy, only to realise he was a champion dweeb in hedge funder's clothing.

I later found out that he infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people I sort of know, including one of my co-workers. Mothers, warn your daughters! This could happen to you. You'll think you've found a normal bearded guy with a job, only to end up sharing goat cheese with a world champion of nerds. Maybe I'm an OKCupid arsehole for calling it that way. Maybe I'm shallow for not being able to see past his world title. But if everyone stopped lying in their profiles, maybe there also wouldn't be quite as many OKCupid horror stories to tell.

So what did I learn? Google the shit out of your next online date. Like, hardcore. Also, for all you world famous nerds out there: Don't go after two Gawker Media employees and not expect to have a post written about you. We live for this kind of stuff.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
TheCutlery said:
Well, it"s not exactly an app, but this should do.
I"m clearly past the "WOW" on that ruler.*

*I may or may not be looking at this thread on my phone.