Girls who broke your heart thread

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Firewalker said:
I"ve found that anxiety is a lot like fear. The best way to conquer fear is really all about how you begin the process. You have to approach it with a strong outlook, gather all of your positive resources and hit it with a concentrated front.

The break in is usually the hardest part. You usually want to take on your problems one at a time, or they can start to add up quickly and you have a real problem on your hand.

Also try not to get death touched.
Would have given you nets... if you wouldn"t have included the picture.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Rhanin said:
I have to say, I"m amazed at how many people seem to have the same problem "turning their head off" at night like I do. Between FoH, friends, and co-workers, I"ve gotten tons of great advice. Working out just feels good now, so I"ve done it every day now, and it does seem to help. Meditation hasn"t really done a lot, but I don"t get into like I should, I just can"t focus my mind off all the other thoughts. I have centered myself once, and it did help me calm down, so I"m gonna keep trying. I caved and smoked a small bowl with a friend last night after working out and meditation failed. Still only passed out for about 3 hrs. My appetite is coming back though, and the knot/sick feeling has gone out of my stomach finally. I feel pretty tired and I"m getting ready to hit some weights, so we"ll see where tonight takes me.

More than anything I have to say I really appreciate all the sound advice I"m getting from here. Ravvenn, lol, I have a friend who does the same thing with her knitting talents. She made a buddy of mine"s gf a couch pillow with a giant black cock on it. Girls are weird these days. I"m feeling a lot better than I have been, and I am joking around a lot more with friends and at work. Think I"m on course surprisingly faster than I expected. Still have my pocket ace if I need it.
Have you tried writing? If I"m really stressed out and feel like I can"t focus on something, I go to the cafe with my laptop and just randomly write shit. It can be creative, journal, whatever. A lot of times you have thoughts kinda lingering that explode out when you just start typing a word. This is my #1 destresser now that I can"t run.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Rhanin said:
I have to say, I"m amazed at how many people seem to have the same problem "turning their head off" at night like I do. Between FoH, friends, and co-workers, I"ve gotten tons of great advice. Working out just feels good now, so I"ve done it every day now, and it does seem to help. Meditation hasn"t really done a lot, but I don"t get into like I should, I just can"t focus my mind off all the other thoughts. I have centered myself once, and it did help me calm down, so I"m gonna keep trying. I caved and smoked a small bowl with a friend last night after working out and meditation failed. Still only passed out for about 3 hrs. My appetite is coming back though, and the knot/sick feeling has gone out of my stomach finally. I feel pretty tired and I"m getting ready to hit some weights, so we"ll see where tonight takes me.

More than anything I have to say I really appreciate all the sound advice I"m getting from here. Ravvenn, lol, I have a friend who does the same thing with her knitting talents. She made a buddy of mine"s gf a couch pillow with a giant black cock on it. Girls are weird these days. I"m feeling a lot better than I have been, and I am joking around a lot more with friends and at work. Think I"m on course surprisingly faster than I expected. Still have my pocket ace if I need it.
You smoked! and it didnt make meditation that much better? You must have taken a tiny hit. How you slept for only 3 hours idk.. increase dosage good sir

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Kirun said:
I actually have had "panic disorder." Saw 2 different psychiatrists and a psychologist. I"ve been on numerous drugs from Klonopin, to Xanax, and Valium. While I sometimes still suffer from "heightened anxiety" during certain situations, it really is 100% about retraining your brain/thought process. Until I did that, any "relief" I got from benzos was only ever temporary. Also, benzo withdrawal can come with some really nasty side effects.

Until they find a drug or genetic treatment that can stop the amygdala from signaling to the frontal cortex, then they can"t effectively treat anxiety disorders with medication.
Benzos are short-acting drugs. So I"m not surprised to hear that your relief from them was only temporary. They also are really nasty to withdraw from, which is why most good doctors will be all over your ass if they think you"re taking too much.

The only type of "retraining your brain" that works is cognitive behavioral therapy, and that doesn"t work for everyone (it didn"t help me). Celexa did, and many people get good results from it or similar drugs.

The whole "man up" thing doesn"t work, and often makes things worse.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I seem to be the opposite of a lot of people, where doing things like reading, listening to music, or leaving the TV on actually stimulates my mind and makes it harder for me to get to sleep. If I pick up a book before bed and it is a good one, chances are I"ll be up for hours. I find myself listening to any songs or shows that are on, and paying attention to them, so that doesn"t help me fall asleep. And any significant change in volume from music or TV just wakes me up, meaning I"d have to put the volume way down, so I"d be better off with white noise.

Now, years ago I did have a radio that played wave sounds, and I used that because I had a roommate that didn"t get home from work until midnight so it helped drown out the noise. It did get to the point where I could pretty much turn that on and be out in seconds, but once I was living on my own I had to train myself off of it because any time I went somewhere that I didn"t have my waves, I couldn"t fall asleep to save my life. There"s nothing like going on a business trip or over to a girl"s house and not being able to sleep a wink.

On the panic attack thing, fortunately I don"t seem to have any issues with that. I can sort of understand what it is like (and don"t chastise me because I know it won"t be anywhere near the same thing, just saying I kind of understand) because I freaked the fuck out a few months ago when a coworker gave me some pot cookies. I"ve only had pot a few times, most of them over a decade ago, so I have no tolerance. I also decided it would be smart to take them on an empty stomach. To compound that, the guy who gave them to me said the proper dosage was 2 cookies. He fucked that up though, because the guy that gave them to him actually said 1/4 of a cookie.... No fucking clue how you get that wrong, but I don"t think he would have done it on purpose (if I ever find out though...). So I had 8 times the dose I should have, and I was freaking the fuck out. I could barely get off the bed, let alone walk. I was debating crawling to the apartment downstairs and asking the trainee paramedics if I was dying, debating calling 9-1-1, etc. I even stuck my finger down my throat trying to throw them up. Which of course resulted in me forgetting why I was sticking my finger down my throat for a moment, and no vomit.

Anyway, point being that it was one of the scariest moments I can ever remember having. My pulse was racing, I was sweating like crazy, and I really thought I was dying. Clearly it is different in many ways from what you guys go through, but I cannot imagine having to deal with that just out of the blue. Obviously I did it to myself, so somewhere deep down I understood why it was happening, and I managed to tell myself that no one dies from too much pot and it would eventually go away. But not knowing what caused it, and not knowing when it was going to end...I don"t think I could handle that, and I really feel for you guys that have it.

I used to not believe it was "real" until I knew someone that had it. A girlfriend of mine would get them, and since I cared about her it was the hardest thing in the world for me to stand off and let her deal with it. You just want to hug them and tell them it is all right, but (at least for her) that just made the attack worse, because they need space, air, calm, etc. Aside from having the attack yourself, nothing sucks more than standing by helplessly watching someone you care about have one.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Vvoid said:
A girlfriend of mine would get them, and since I cared about her it was the hardest thing in the world for me to stand off and let her deal with it. You just want to hug them and tell them it is all right, but (at least for her) that just made the attack worse, because they need space, air, calm, etc.
Yup; counterintuitively, trying to comfort/calm down someone having an anxiety attack is one of the WORST things you can do unless you"re a trained professional, because of exactly what you say. Someone hovering over you asking you if you"re okay, if there"s anything they can do to help, etc just makes you feel more trapped and feeds into the whole loop.

Also, they"re definitely more common in chicks, but underdiagnosed in men because of the macho factor. I fought against the diagnosis for a loooooong time before I finally started listening to my doctor.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ilum said:
Isn"t there a thread already about people who have trouble sleeping?
Earlier the insomnia discussion was woman related, but it branched off.

On an unrelated note, need update from Captain Camerous Ahab and Heroine McPimpDouche.

Seethe_foh

shitlord
Kirun said:
Except I never responded because I knew it was an obvious fish/troll attempt.

Like I said, I really should just let her down and tell her that I have 0 interest in any sort of romantic relationship, but I just feel so goddamn vindicated for "friend zoning" a chick after having the same thing pulled on me various times.
Good on not responding. I"m saying stay that course.

Don"t have The Conversation with her at all. She obviously is taking the hint, and given her rather public reaction to this whole thing, talking to her further can only end badly for you. You are far better off just ignoring her from now on. Unless you guys constantly hang out with the same crowd, she"ll be off radar very quickly.

Or convince her to send you pics of her tattooed chest and we can rank hers against -Aamina"s conquest.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Vvoid said:

On the panic attack thing, fortunately I don"t seem to have any issues with that. I can sort of understand what it is like (and don"t chastise me because I know it won"t be anywhere near the same thing, just saying I kind of understand) because I freaked the fuck out a few months ago when a coworker gave me some pot cookies. I"ve only had pot a few times, most of them over a decade ago, so I have no tolerance. I also decided it would be smart to take them on an empty stomach. To compound that, the guy who gave them to me said the proper dosage was 2 cookies. He fucked that up though, because the guy that gave them to him actually said 1/4 of a cookie.... No fucking clue how you get that wrong, but I don"t think he would have done it on purpose (if I ever find out though...). So I had 8 times the dose I should have, and I was freaking the fuck out. I could barely get off the bed, let alone walk. I was debating crawling to the apartment downstairs and asking the trainee paramedics if I was dying, debating calling 9-1-1, etc. I even stuck my finger down my throat trying to throw them up. Which of course resulted in me forgetting why I was sticking my finger down my throat for a moment, and no vomit.

Anyway, point being that it was one of the scariest moments I can ever remember having. My pulse was racing, I was sweating like crazy, and I really thought I was dying. Clearly it is different in many ways from what you guys go through, but I cannot imagine having to deal with that just out of the blue. Obviously I did it to myself, so somewhere deep down I understood why it was happening, and I managed to tell myself that no one dies from too much pot and it would eventually go away. But not knowing what caused it, and not knowing when it was going to end...I don"t think I could handle that, and I really feel for you guys that have it.
Damn, thats pretty rough. I mean the amount of cookie/brownie you eat is dependent upon how much was cooked in the oil etc.. I had a buddy that put $100 worth into brownies, and he didnt even know how much to eat. He ate one, 30 minute went by and he felt nothing so he ate one and half more. He said he couldnt move his arms, he just layed in bed with heavy breathing hearing weird sounds LOL, lasted him about 9 hours apparently. I would always just eat a quarter or half of anything to be safe, I"ve always heard the shit can be really potent. I mean my buddy had his wife and his wifes friend eat them too, his wifes friend who was like 110 lbs ate a whole brownie and she freaked out, started screaming/crying and threw up then passed out.

I tried the same batch and one brownie lasted me about 5 hours, but never made me paranoid. I would imagine if I didnt know what to expect I"d flip out sure, like the first time I rolled, I didnt think it was going to hit me, took 2 hours to feel anything and when it kicked in I was in the middle of a club when my friends had all just went to the bathroom and I decided it was "ok" to wait, bad move - it all kicked in and I started freaking out I couldnt remember where I was or when my friends would be back - here i was standing like 10 feet away from 2 cops and in a wide open area (the club has outdoor area in between the two dance floors) - then I found a friend and the whole night was cloud 9 from there. Since then I can easily be alone and be fine, its really interesting how things work.

Surprisingly I dont get much anxiety, I get a tiny bit of it (I know my sister and my mom have had panic attacks though) here and there but never any attacks or anything. The worst was after avicii for a couple days but I knew why and took some 5-HTP, all good now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It sounds like Vvoid had some medical edibles. Those things don"t fuck around. I had a buddy buy me some cookies from a dispensary and he was very explicit about not eating more than half a cookie. In college we used to make brownies sometimes and eat these massively sized brownies and it would be far less effective than a quarter of one of those cookies.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
She pulled a Mikey

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vZChD_Gni8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saladus said:
I"m like 6 pages behind in this thread... since 2012 started it"s just been impossible to keep up with, with constant anal, makeup, and forehead fucking advice. So my apologizes if this was already posted (SFW)Photo Album - Imgur
Jeebus. My brother had something similar happen, except he didn"t even sleep with, date or really do anything with the stalker chick.

They knew each other in college and she decided to pursue him. He wasn"t interested. She was pretty good looking, so I thought he was just being lame. Then he started showing me logs of increasingly creepy texts from her. He hadn"t responded since practically the first text, but she kept right on going, getting creepier as it went, texting about he she loves him and they were meant to be together. It peaked with a 3 page love manifesto sent to him on Facebook. I was concerned for his safety at some point. Nothing ever came of it though, she eventually gave up and he never talked to her.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Saladus said:
I"m like 6 pages behind in this thread... since 2012 started it"s just been impossible to keep up with, with constant anal, makeup, and forehead fucking advice. So my apologizes if this was already posted (SFW)Photo Album - Imgur
Hoooooly shit. And here I thought I was getting creeped on. Wow..just..wow.