Girls who broke your heart thread

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trexmussen said:
Yeah, sure dude. But, I mean, in Canada...
Yes, in Canada. So our university was like a two story igloo. We had to go outside and cut ice blocks with a chainsaw if we wanted to melt water for a shower.

Usually we just wash up with denatured alcohol, thus why Canadians have such a high alcohol tolerance.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Sharmai said:
I have used Mach 3"s as well as a good number of electric and overpriced shavers/trimmers and not a single one of them gave a fast and closer shave then a new Derby blade on a Merkur.
You"re black, right? Why would anyone take shaving advice from you?

Having said that, Merkur+Derby is what I use. :-/

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Evernothing said:
Yes, in Canada. So our university was like a two story igloo. We had to go outside and cut ice blocks with a chainsaw if we wanted to melt water for a shower.

Usually we just wash up with denatured alcohol, thus why Canadians have such a high alcohol tolerance.
LOL @ milk in bags

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
dimstar said:
Amazon.com: Philips Norelco BG2020 Bodygroom Shaver: Health & Personal Care
Philips body-groomer its life changing! taint,sack,starfish you name it, it trims it without cutting/nicking/razor burn
However don"t spring for the 50 dollar version, b/c the head tilts, which is pita for trimming your taint. The 35 dollar version is money. Mine died after like 3 years. battery crapped out
As I was catching up with this thread I was thinking I would link this exact item, but you beat me to it. Another recommendation from me for this fine product.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Evernothing said:
FWIW, I have never seen milk in bags. Must be an east coast thing.
I remember very vaguely from my early childhood that we sometimes had milk in bags, but that was in the early 80"s. Only reason I remember is I remember the holder/jug thing we had that you"d put the bag in and cut the corner off of it.

I guess it was common elsewhere around that time too, and they"re making a comeback in Britain:Milk bag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I"ll check out that Phillips groomer thingy next time I"m replacing my trimmer. As I shave my head once or twice a week, they only tend to last me a couple years before the battery shits out. I think the one I"m using now is Phillips, but it"s meant as a beard trimmer.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Evernothing said:
FWIW, I have never seen milk in bags. Must be an east coast thing.
when I was in like 1st grade my school switched to milk punches because it was supposedly more environmentally friendly. well after one school year of pouches getting hurled and splattered all over the place, they reverted to using cartons.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
The Ancient said:
You"re black, right? Why would anyone take shaving advice from you?

Having said that, Merkur+Derby is what I use. :-/
Black people can"t shave? Ok if this is a really subtle watermelon/fried chicken joke then I don"t get it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
I remember very vaguely from my early childhood that we sometimes had milk in bags, but that was in the early 80"s. Only reason I remember is I remember the holder/jug thing we had that you"d put the bag in and cut the corner off of it.

I guess it was common elsewhere around that time too, and they"re making a comeback in Britain:Milk bag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I"ll check out that Phillips groomer thingy next time I"m replacing my trimmer. As I shave my head once or twice a week, they only tend to last me a couple years before the battery shits out. I think the one I"m using now is Phillips, but it"s meant as a beard trimmer.
The body groomer has specific instructions that it is to only be used below the neck, so you"ll need to have two separate trimmers anyway if you use this one. I shave my head completely and I agree with their assessment, it doesn"t work well at all on head or face hair, but it works just great on ball hair.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Ser Kegkilla said:
when I was in like 1st grade my school switched to milk punches because it was supposedly more environmentally friendly. well after one school year of pouches getting hurled and splattered all over the place, they reverted to using cartons.
My county used milk bags during the majority of my childhood. We never threw the bags. Instead we would stuff pieces of food in a corner of a bag, then smash the opposite end with a fist. Food would fly across the entire cafeteria, and the maneuver was undetectable by the shitty frame rate our cameras had. Bags had their uses.

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sharmai said:
Black people can"t shave? Ok if this is a really subtle watermelon/fried chicken joke then I don"t get it.
It"s about the (possibly perceived?) differences in shaving/hair care needs between white people and black people, man.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vvoid said:
The body groomer has specific instructions that it is to only be used below the neck, so you"ll need to have two separate trimmers anyway if you use this one. I shave my head completely and I agree with their assessment, it doesn"t work well at all on head or face hair, but it works just great on ball hair.
I use it on my face and neck everyday. No issues. I love it.

Use the foil shaver on my cheeks and neck and the trimmer on my goatee, I have never looked so consistently classy.

Waywatcher_foh

shitlord
I"m hoping beyond hope that, if you"re using the same product north and south of the equator, you"re doing so after thoroughly washing the trimmer out. Right?

...right?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I generally use it immediately before showering, so not really an issue. Up top first, down low second. Rinse the guard when I shower.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
001001102 said:
It"s about the (possibly perceived?) differences in shaving/hair care needs between white people and black people, man.
Oh. I didn"t know there were differences in shaving. Now when it comes to shaving below the neck I use the same razor for both but I shave my face/neck first then everything else and then I throw the blade away. Only need to shave below the neck about once a week but even if was every day it"s only like 10 cents a blade.

Plus I like using a slightly duller blade after a week of face/neck shaving because those derby blades are very sharp.

And it is sooooo much easier cleaning a razor.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Divinefactor said:
So after she said that its all about appearance, I asked what she thought about someone with a poor attitude. To which she responded: oh, another topic you are an expert in.
After reading your problem, there is only one solution: cunt punt that bitch. Srsly.

But good for you for trying to work on yourself.

trex

Queen Bee
Evernothing said:

Lulz. I just meant that Yale and Stanford are not in Canadia~

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Sharmai said:
Oh. I didn"t know there were differences in shaving. Now when it comes to shaving below the neck I use the same razor for both but I shave my face/neck first then everything else and then I throw the blade away. Only need to shave below the neck about once a week but even if was every day it"s only like 10 cents a blade.
Most of you guys don"t really grow facial hair the way white men do. I bet if you go a week without shaving your beard will look about as thick as mine does after a day.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Sharmai said:
Oh. I didn"t know there were differences in shaving. Now when it comes to shaving below the neck I use the same razor for both but I shave my face/neck first then everything else and then I throw the blade away.
Seriously?

Maybe the military exposed me to a lot of different people. A lot of the black guys I knew had serious problems with shaving, especially on the neck. I used to think that I had a problem with ingrowns and shaving too close, but there was no comparison. Some of the guys would get it ingrown hairs and infections so badly from having to shave daily that the doctors would make them grow a beard out, for say a week or so. Many would carry small, stiff bristled brushes around with them in their BDU pockets and brush their face several times a day; the idea being that that would prevent the hairs from getting ingrown.