Girls who broke your heart thread

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tenks said:
Most said my profile just stood out from the rest. It wasmaybe200 words. But it was funny and it was fast paced. It also probably doesn"t hurt that I"m a fairly good looking, employed college educated person.
The #1, by far, most important thing in an online profile:

Be attractive.

The most attractive guys receive 10x as many messages as the least attractive guys.

Additionally, women have a skewed perception of reality and rate 80% of men as "worse looking than average"

So it"s not even good enough to be a 7 as a guy, if you"re a 7, she"s not interested. You have to be a 9 or even a 10, or at least portray yourself that way.

Source:
Your Looks and Your Inbox ? OkTrends

Dis

Confirmed Male
Antarius said:
Had a giant wtf conversation on OKCupid recently.

Basic premise - average looking girl (a 7) with a very short profile with not much info, hard to send a first message on, but pretty much the most stereotypical profile imaginable, and then writes at the end "message me if you aren"t an average guy."

Me:
Despite the fact that you"re not looking for an "average guy", you seem like an "average girl" on your profile... at least that"s the way you portray yourself... So you might want to fix that.

Nurse - 92% of nurses are women.
You like music - 100% of people like music
Your favorite show is one of the most popular shows on television.
You spend your fridays hanging out with friends, way to stand out from the crowd, no one else does that...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Her:
Thanks for the advice but I don"t think you can really know someone based on words written and a picture but that"s my opinion. I want to be a trauma nurse. The thought of blood and brains spilling out all over the place really turns me on and gives me some kind of rush. I want a guy that will cut himself then bleed all over me while he is fucking me. You seem like an "average guy" based on your profile. Do you think you could handle that or do you look down on me for that?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let"s just say.... I wasn"t at all interested, so I extricated myself in the most diplomatic way possible.

TLDR; Bitches be crazy.
If you were smart you would have replied:

"Damn, we are so close to wanting the same thing. As it happens I am looking for a girl who is willing to take a shit on my chest while she is jerking me off. Maybe we can working something out?"

As keg said, she trolled you.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Antarius said:
The #1, by far, most important thing in an online profile:

Be attractive.

The most attractive guys receive 10x as many messages as the least attractive guys.

Additionally, women have a skewed perception of reality and rate 80% of men as "worse looking than average"

So it"s not even good enough to be a 7 as a guy, if you"re a 7, she"s not interested. You have to be a 9 or even a 10, or at least portray yourself that way.

Source:
Your Looks and Your Inbox ? OkTrends
I know I"m not a great candidate to talk about stuff like this because I had a pretty decent profile picture but I"d say at least 90% of women I messaged viewed my profile after the message was sent. I don"t know how OKC accumulated those results but were they completely blind like "Here are pictures of guys. Rate them." Or did they rate them after reading the profile? I don"t really know their method. The purpose of the initial message isn"t to make her fall in love it is, for the most part, to actively drive traffic to your profile page. However, as I said above, I found the passive method of visting their page and backing off yielded better results.

For more clarity there is no way I would be rated as "most attractive." I"d be one of the middle lines. I messaged absolutely everyone on POF, though. Well anyone who caught my eye. I knew the most beautiful were getting a ton of messages (most shared them with me because dudes are way creepy on the site) but I still managed to engage them in conversation, even if it didn"t escalate. I believe women on the site are far less impulsive about profile pictures than males. Fuck I know tons of girls I messaged simply because they were hot and didn"t actually read their profile. However it was becoming extremely obvious from messages received that girls were reading my entire profile and going over it with a fine toothed comb. Which is another advantage to having it short. It gives you far less rope to hang yourself with. Girls on these sites are always looking to disqualify a male instead of qualify them. It is the nature of the beast. I think most women still view guys on online dating sites and desperate and awkward. I have plenty of girl friends (not girlfriends) who claim they tried it but it just felt strange and the guys were creepy. It is a stigma we have to overcome.

-edit-

For shits here is the main profile picture I used back when I was single. I think I had three other pictures and those were with friends. I preferred to keep the profile just a picture of me so they don"t have to guess. Also chicks love animals so using a picture of me at the zoo posing with the penguin statue caused atonof messages.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Meh. I"d do you if I were having a dry month.

But yes, what Tenks says about your main profile pic is correct, that"s the most important thing about an online dating profile. Especially if you"re trying to get anything higher than a 5.

Brad2770

It has been over 5 years since my ex cheated on me and almost 5 years since she moved out. I can honestly say I am finally over her. For those that are struggling to get over an ex, the most important thing said in here to get over someone is to truly stay busy. Do something that completely occupies your mind.

My current job that I have works me, on average, 12 hours a day, but I have actually had days where I worked over 24 hours straight. I am constantly stressed and dealing with bullshit that I really shouldn"t be messing with. It helped me realize that she was not worth worrying about because there was greater shit out there that could bring you down. My current boss is an absolute dick, but probably one of the best things that has happened to me. He ran me through the wringer and I wanted to quit several times and actually turned in my notice twice, but he wouldn"t let me give up.

I smoked to cope with the stress and my depression, but I paid the price. Over the last couple of years I have gained about 60 lbs. I am ashamed I let this happen, but what can I say? I love food. I stopped smoking, I got a gym membership and I just received another promotion at work. There are areas that I am still weak and I hear from my boss about it, but I am confident in what I do, I enjoy my job and the people I work with and I know, even though I got fat, I am in a much better place than I was 1 year ago and especially 5 years ago.

The people supporting me on this board have been a lot of help, but the ones that hate me have had the greatest impact. I do not know why, but some of the words I read from others about myself hurt more than if someone I knew just flat out said them. I wanted to make sure that I made a change in myself that would keep someone from saying something like that again.

Anyways, thanks FoH for being the brothers and bullies I needed.

Brad2770

Fammaden said:
So Brad are you still giving her free money with no legal child custody or support agreement?
Yes I am. I deliver it in a white bag with a giant dollar sign on the side.

Brad2770

Fammaden said:
So you came back to thank us for....not doing the number one thing that everyone was on your ass about?
I came back to thank you guys for the things I felt needed to change. For the things I did change. I chose to handle things like I did and I do not regret the choices I made. You (and anyone else) can disagree and I respect that, but I have to make my decisions how I want to make them.

My biggest problem over the last five years was not me taking or not taking the advice of others, but the fact I was even asking for advice at all. I need to make my own decisions, even if others think my decisions are wrong. I appreciate you being concerned though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Glad to hear you"re finally back on track Brad. I think some don"t realize how attached you can be to another person and how you feel when that is betrayed. It"s been 5 or 6 years since my ex wife had her affair and there are moments (few and far between) that I get a bit down thinking about it. It"s natural no matter what some here may pretend.

Keep up the good work sir.

Churchill_foh

shitlord
Brad2770 said:
I came back to thank you guys for the things I felt needed to change. For the things I did change. I chose to handle things like I did and I do not regret the choices I made. You (and anyone else) can disagree and I respect that, but I have to make my decisions how I want to make them.

My biggest problem over the last five years was not me taking or not taking the advice of others, but the fact I was even asking for advice at all. I need to make my own decisions, even if others think my decisions are wrong. I appreciate you being concerned though.
Glad things are good for you emotionally and all that but...are you seriously still giving this woman money without a formal agreement?

If so, why?

I recall your initial reason was that you didn"t want to create drama but DUDE, you have to do this through proper legal channels. The longer you wait, the more money she"ll be able to get from you should she ever decide to push it. It doesn"t even need to be her that initiates it, it could be a relative, a greedy partner, a noisy friend... This is very serious business and I can"t imagine why you think it"s no big deal.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Brad2770 said:
Anyways, thanks FoH for being the brothers and bullies I needed.
Did you go on your road trip across the country and drop everything you were doing at some point? It seems like you didn"t, damn, the stories we could have had.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since Brad has come back with some advice, I feel this is a good time to throw in a little bit of my own too. This will be nothing new for the majority of you, but for those of us (I"m just as guilty) that sometimes have a hard time doing what needs to be done, it doesn"t hurt to be reminded over and over until it finally sinks in.

I documented a very tiny portion of my latest romantic endeavor in Big Picasso"s thread (the best thread ever, and if you aren"t reading it you"re a bad person!), but I"ll jump to the pertinent info instead of boring you with details.

For a couple of months I pretty much lived and breathed for any word from this particular woman, telling myself that her attention was an indication that she was as interested in me as I was in her. I like to think there was at least some initial attraction on her part, but I either ruined it or it was never there and I just invented it. Either way, I literally spent months doing nothing but trying to make her happy in any way I could, despite getting nothing but standard friend stuff in return. Finally I must have gone overboard with sharing my feelings, or she met someone new, or any number of unknown reasons that don"t matter, and she stopped talking to me unless I directly contacted her. Eventually I got the hint. And it doesn"t even matter if she lead me on, or is to blame for anything, because I could have stopped my behavior at any time.

It bummed me out pretty badly, but I thought of this thread and decided I"d only give myself one night of whining like a little bitch (see Big Picasso"s thread for documentation). The saying about the best way to get over someone is by getting under someone else is so true. If I had let myself I probably could have pissed and moaned about how unfair it was for weeks. Instead, I got out there and not only got boob pics from a girl on my birthday Wednesday, but slept with her last night, and will probably be spending the vacation days I had originally planned to spend with the first girl banging the brains out of this new girl. I"m pretty sure I won"t be marrying her or anything, but who cares?

On top of that, I was at the grocery store the other day in the produce aisle when I saw a decent looking woman holding two cantaloupes. I looked at them, looked at her, looked back at them, then back at her. I saw she was smiling, so I said, "You know I want to use the melon line right now, right?" She laughed and we talked, and assuming she didn"t give me a fake number, I"ll call her and see if she wants to go for coffee some time.

Point being, I spent months worrying about one girl, whether she liked me, whether a text message meant one thing or another, etc. Once I stopped, I realized you shouldn"t have to go through so much to figure out if a girl likes you or not. If it isn"t clear, or you"re investing far more than it seems she is, then move the fuck on. I might have missed several better prospects by being a little bitch these past months worrying if she liked me.

Like I said, none of this is new to this thread, or many of the people giving all the good advice. But for those of us that fuck up once in awhile, it doesn"t hurt to hear it every so often. If I could invent some sort of shock collar for men, I"d be rich. Every time a guy starts worrying whether or not a girl likes him, it would shock him and make him realize it isn"t worth it, and he should just get out there and find another one that does. For every girl that makes you wonder if she"s into you, there are dozens more that would be if you just went out and met them. And when in doubt, think What Would Kegkilla Do. That"s what finally pushed me to man up and stop being a pussy.

vegetoee_foh

shitlord
Seananigans said:
Meh. I"d do you if I were having a dry month.

But yes, what Tenks says about your main profile pic is correct, that"s the most important thing about an online dating profile. Especially if you"re trying to get anything higher than a 5.
Agreed. I am a 7 ( I get told this by every girl I meet) yet I got 30 dates in 10 months on OKC by having quality photos and a profile that was short and sweet. Follow the advice on this thread if you are serious about online dating, otherwise just mess around and have fun.

Solariss_foh

shitlord
Just reading this page made me get out of bed to type this. If anybody remembers my story a week or 2 ago. It directly relates to what Brad and Vvoid have said. It"s so hard to get over this girl. I know I need to let it go. It"s somewhat obvious to me she doesn"t share the same feelings I do, otherwise she"d be going out of her way to try to contact me. Yet, here we are again... she enjoyed spending that night with me, and we fucked around. She talked to me a bit after that and I was really happy. Now I was told to drop her and forget it, but I"m not gonna lie. I have a texted her... after 2 weeks, and she hasn"t responded. She told my cousin to tell me her phone sucks. She posted a picture of it on Facebook.. yeah, still cracked because she drove over it with her car, and posted that she"s not ignoring people on purpose. This wasn"t intended for me as I didn"t have a Facebook at this point. So I can"t say whether she"s ignoring me intentionally or her phone really is fucked. I know it was in that state and working fine before, though.

Anyways, my point is... it is HARD for me to get out and do things with this on my mind. I"m so happy when I talk to her... it feels like it"s going somewhere because I get the attention, and the feeling in my mind that we will inevitably hang out again in the near future. But I had a gym membership, and was going for 3 months up until the night we hung out... and a few weeks after. Now I"ve stopped. I"m too damn depressed to go to the gym.

The problem with this girl is she is the hottest piece of ass I"m sure I"ll ever get. She"s literally like a perfect 10. I"m sifting through chicks on okcupid for the last 2 hours, and check like 30 girls. None of which I even come remotely close to wanting to fucking talk to. Maybe this girl has ruined my life. I honestly feel like I can"t settle for less. Even though she"s a bitch on the inside, she"s so beautiful it hurts to think about

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
right now you are a very weak, pathetic person. the only way you will ever get stronger is if you force yourself to move on from this shit. she hasn"t ruined your life, you have ruined your own life. either evolve as a person, or spend the rest of your life as an emotional tampon like aanima. your choice.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
A lot of people have been suckered into a relationship with the "hot as fuck but total cunt" girl. It"s not that big of a deal as long as you"re completely aware it won"t work in the long run. This doesn"t seem to be the way you"re approaching the situation. Mainly because you"re not even dating her.

Did you make a Facebook accountforthis girl? Get over her. You"re acting like the two of you have been in love for 5 years and you suddenly found out she was fucking your dad behind your back. Is it worth being this retardedly depressed all the time for the occasional 10 seconds of "oh my God, she responded to my text, this day is AWESOME!" Obviously, no. Move on. That"s really all there is to it. The next time you think about her, just say "fuck you, cunt," and go to the gym.