Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, pretty much. Or they"re just trying (again, whether consciously or unconsciously) to get you to do it for them.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not to mention if a girl treats you like shit she is well aware she"s treating you like shit. If you reciprocate with "Well take some time" instead of calling her out on her BS she"s going to lose respect for you as a man. I"m not huge on the whole alpha/beta thing but not putting up with disrespect is just something everyone should do.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We met up talked, and agreed that what would work for her wouldn"t be fair to me, so we called it off. She actually went and talked to a counselor about it and the counselor had a lot of good reasons why we shouldn"t be together. There was apparently a lot of other things going on that she didn"t tell me about. Her father had a stroke ( I knew this part ) a few months back and he"s gone through some major personality swings and really isn"t the person he used to be. The doctor"s are estimating that he doesn"t have more than a year or so to live. They"re extremely close, so this has been particularly grueling on her. Couple that with an ex that fucked her up pretty badly and I can"t argue that she needs some time to figure herself out.

On the note of "bitches be crazy" etc, this girl has always been straight up with me when I asked, and even when I didn"t. I really have no gripes with her, the absenteeism for awhile was pretty dumb on her part, and she admitted as much. But she was smart enough to get help when I told her she needed it, and I"m actually pretty proud of her at this point. We"re not going to talk for a couple months, then probably pick it up from there if we"re interested/She"s better but I"m not holding my breathe.

I"m not sure where you guys are getting this but under no circumstance did I let her walk over me, or get away with anything. I don"t generally date women that I don"t think are worth my time (The dumb slut who cheated on me was the exception, an experiment on my part that ended in epic failure), so yea I"m giving her leeway to explain herself because you know, I actually give a shit about her. I can say with a very high degree of certainty that she isn"t doing this to bang some other dude, or because she"s lost interest. She really does have a bunch of personal shit to deal with.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Tripamang said:
We"re not going to talk for a couple months, then probably pick it up from there if we"re interested/She"s better but I"m not holding my breathe.
Guess what time it is?

Rune_foh

shitlord
Tripamang said:
I can say with a very high degree of certainty that she isn"t doing this to bang some other dude, or because she"s lost interest. She really does have a bunch of personal shit to deal with.
Someone said this earlier, but I think it bears repeating.

If you"re with someone who is worth a shit, you don"t dump them in a crisis.

What she is doing...it makes no sense unless she sees you as part of the problem.

In which case, she"s not coming back.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why are we even still talking about this situation? She doesn"t wanna be with you and probably is already with someone else. You seem like a good dude so I"m not going to blatantly say someone else is already balls deep, but move on man. If she had any chance of wanting to be with you she would go nuts and come running back when you told her you were done. That is what you need to do and move on.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You guys are acting like he"s all hung on this chick and it doesn"t really sound that way at all.

Etwynn_foh

shitlord
Tripamang said:
I can say with a very high degree of certainty that she isn"t doing this to bang some other dude, or because she"s lost interest. She really does have a bunch of personal shit to deal with.
It"s great that you agreed a break wouldnt be fair to you. IRT the above statement, she may legitimately believe this to be true, but it"s only true until she meets someone she likes more than you. The fact that you"ve let her convince you she"s not going to get with someone else means you"ve allowed her to alter your perceptions of reality. If you"re broken up, she has absolutely no obligation to not sleep with someone else. What possible reason could she have to imply she won"t, other than to keep you waiting? I"m not saying she"s evil or intentionally manipulative, just to be careful of what she allows you to think about what she is experiencing. Her representations of her thoughts, plans, and emotions as she relays them to you are not guaranteed to be the whole story and are probably filtered for her own ends.

Talineth_foh

shitlord
Rune said:
Someone said this earlier, but I think it bears repeating.

If you"re with someone who is worth a shit, you don"t dump them in a crisis.

What she is doing...it makes no sense unless she sees you as part of the problem.

In which case, she"s not coming back.
This.

I just went through the exact 100% same situation and this is it. She sees you as part of the problem, even if it"s just in her fucked up mind.

C"est la vie, etc etc

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
wow do you 3 send each other messages congratulating each other on such witty posts? I can see the 3 of you standing around doing a circle jerk as you read each other"s responses.

Bravo! Keep it up! Highly entertaining for sure.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
After you manage to emote your way through a text conversation, what do those greasy hagbeasts say when they realize you can"t actually shrug?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I know it"s more comforting to you to think that there are just a few people conspiring to make fun of you, but the reality is that the knowledge of your suck is widespread. We"re just saying what everyone else is thinking.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
AlexTheDictator said:
You guys are acting like he"s all hung on this chick and it doesn"t really sound that way at all.
This. And also it"s entirely possible, even likely that there isn"t another dude in the picture (for now). No need to be dicks about it. However Tripamang, you really need to internalize the fact that the relationship is entirely over. This quote is concerning:

Tripamang said:
We"re not going to talk for a couple months, then probably pick it up from there if we"re interested/She"s better but I"m not holding my breathe.
"Probably"? No. Not probably. Accept that it"s entirely over and move on. You say you"re not holding your breathe, but you"re saying that for the crowd and don"t truly mean it IMO.