Girls who broke your heart thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So Grumpus, what"s the dealio with the hot 19-year old? I feel sort of invested now since I told you to go for it!

wickedj51_foh

shitlord
Wantonsoup said:
500 bucks would be a huge waste!
I do not believe so. I believe I could trade her to the Zemuns in exchange to reduce my brother"s debt to them. Even if she is not beautiful she would be worth probably 300,000 dinara. A great investment opportunity!

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Vvoid said:
So Grumpus, what"s the dealio with the hot 19-year old? I feel sort of invested now since I told you to go for it!
Letting things go at their own pace kind of. But not without my own little evil genius stuff.

Usually after class people stand around and chat or whatever. If shes in ear shot I try to bring up something I know shes into so that she"ll join the conversation.

Me to some random dude I train with "So did you watch Game of Thrones this weekend?"

Her "Oh I love Game Of Thrones, have you read the books?"

TRAP SPRUNG!

Stuff like that. Shes fairly new to the gym to so making her feel like part of the group is cool regardless. It"s only a matter of time before the opportunity will arise to invite her out to a group gym function. One purely social event should be plenty to see if it would work or not. Pour on the charm. Tights pants so she can see my bulge.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
AlexTheDictator said:
Have him register to these forums and post in this thread.
Haha yes please. He clearly isn"t going to listen to anyone and just has to learn from this huge mistake on his own.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Kenadul said:
just has to learn from this huge mistake on his own.
This. And when things go to shit don"t let him jump into another relationship. Someone like this is going to need time to unravel his brain after such a train wreck and really contemplate his and her actions and why sticking around was stupid. If he rushes into something else he won"t learn his lesson.

Be a good friend, let him fuck up. Then help keep him occupied for a couple months after. Bring him back into you circle, invite him everywhere and get your buddy back.

Phazael_foh

shitlord
A lot depends on how hard it was for your pal to get laid prior to him shacking up with this girl, too. Getting regular cooch can keep an otherwise unstable relationship going for a long ass time. The guy who said to send in another guy to bang her might have actually made the best suggestion, unless your friend is desperate enough for snapper that he would go all Aanima style and settle for pity humps.

A worse case scenario that can come from this is if he tries to force her to work at some point and then she decided that she can avoid this by getting knocked up. That bullshit happens all the time, especially with the kind of woman you are describing. That could drag things on for years.

Assuming he is not a spineless pussy and worth salvaging after this shit blows up, be ready for some serious suicide watch as he slowly realizes how stupid he has been for worshipping the camel toed beast relentlessly for as long as he has. And whatever you do, do not let this cunt near your own significant others to poison their brains with her bullshit.

Kiely_foh

shitlord
Drinsic said:
^Massage has never failed. If a massage doesn"t work, she"s a fucking turbo-cunt or you"re some kind of mutant.
Was at a family wedding the other week and my ex was my +1 (red flag 1) (which unhelpfully meant I got cockblocked from this one other girl advances during the evening (red flag 2)), took her back to mine and made out in bed but she rejected my more direct approach for sex. Did reassess the situation, not one to give up so I started a good back message for a while. Even then, she still wasn"t game. Red flag 3.
And she got confused why I"d be annoyed with her. Yeah right, she totally knows, but whats the damn point, other than to be a giant tease.

tl;dr I got Cockblock squared.
Do I get any special powers as a mutant?

Gaz_foh

shitlord
Wantonsoup said:
Why do men get involved with women that don"t work?

I"m not talking trophy wives and such, I"m talking (relatively) young couples where one person is nothing but a financial burden because they duff around all day, unemployed or not working towards employment. What"s the draw? Why would you want to be with someone with no ambition or no drive,especiallyin a long-term relationship? Not saying everyone has to be Type-A up-and-attem, but even just a throwaway job that helps pay the bills is better than letting your other half shoulder the burden of "keeping" you.

Wantonsoup_foh

shitlord
Phazael said:
A lot depends on how hard it was for your pal to get laid prior to him shacking up with this girl, too. Getting regular cooch can keep an otherwise unstable relationship going for a long ass time. The guy who said to send in another guy to bang her might have actually made the best suggestion, unless your friend is desperate enough for snapper that he would go all Aanima style and settle for pity humps.

A worse case scenario that can come from this is if he tries to force her to work at some point and then she decided that she can avoid this by getting knocked up. That bullshit happens all the time, especially with the kind of woman you are describing. That could drag things on for years.

Assuming he is not a spineless pussy and worth salvaging after this shit blows up, be ready for some serious suicide watch as he slowly realizes how stupid he has been for worshipping the camel toed beast relentlessly for as long as he has. And whatever you do, do not let this cunt near your own significant others to poison their brains with her bullshit.
Oh don"t worry about that, she is the reason we never all hang out like we used to, mine can"t even stand the sound of her voice.

If the kid thing pops up all hope will be lost, REALLY hope it doesn"t come to that. I guess I"ll just have to wait out this bad decision, as hard as it will be to shut my mouth. His brother and I were saying as soon as they are alone w/o the current roommate (which is why he is signing a lease with her) they won"t have anyone left to blame their problems on but each other.

Edit for other post by Gaz,

this also blows my mind, she was working when they started seeing each other but lost the job within like 2 weeks, should of been a HUGE red flag as she got fired from Walmart for not showing up to work.

Cathan_foh

shitlord
Kirun said:
Clingy women are fine, as long as you"re just as/nearly as much of a needy bitch as they are. A friend of mine is needy as hell and he and his wife feed off each others "clinginess" really well. I just find that shit isn"t for me. I like to be left the hell alone, most of the time. I think it"s because most of what chicks want to talk about/do isn"t all that interesting.
I can"t agree on clingy women. The clingers I dated were insecure and it works just like the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... and to complete the metaphor... Clingy leads to insane, irrational jealousy. IMO, a healthy relationship is one where 2 people WANT each other, one doesn"t NEED the other.

I second that shit about not caring what women talk about. If you want a relationship to work you have to bite the bullet, stop keeping it real, stop letting your man instincts tell you to ignore her so you will actually listen to her somehow... some way... If not, you"re fucking up and that"ll lead to problems. I don"t like this listening shit better than any of you but it makes them happy and you can"t be happy if your woman isn"t.

STFU_foh

shitlord
Wantonsoup said:
Has anyone had similar issues with friends? If so is there anything an outside source can do to help him get rid of this waste of space?
I wastheguy in this situation. Friends and family couldn"t stand her, after a point I couldn"t stand her.

How old are they? It took about 4 months or so for my friends to catch on that my ex was not good for me. Took me a little bit longer, but I still stayed with her for 4+ years, in the prime age range of 19-24.

Don"t just wait it out. Try to invite your bro to every get together, party, whatever that you can. If his girlfriend is not welcome, try to play it off as "just the bros" or something. Odds are if you outright say "you can come but we don"t want her here" he will feel bad for her. If he"s like I was, I wanted to be there with my friends, and every time that I couldn"t I became a little bit less satisfied with my relationship. Also unless he takes it negatively, don"t be afraid to tell him how you feel about the chick, privately when she"s not around.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Cathan said:
I can"t agree on clingy women. The clingers I dated were insecure and it works just like the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... and to complete the metaphor... Clingy leads to insane, irrational jealousy. IMO, a healthy relationship is one where 2 people WANT each other, one doesn"t NEED the other.
I don"t agree on clingy women being catches either. But if both parties are needy, it seems to work, albeit with my anecdotal evidence. Also, "need" and "want" is a very fine line. One that the majority of women are terrible at towing.

I second that shit about not caring what women talk about. If you want a relationship to work you have to bite the bullet, stop keeping it real, stop letting your man instincts tell you to ignore her so you will actually listen to her somehow... some way... If not, you"re fucking up and that"ll lead to problems. I don"t like this listening shit better than any of you but it makes them happy and you can"t be happy if your woman isn"t.
When you"re in a serious relationship, things obviously change a bit. You have to put up with more bullshit, just the same as she does. However, that still doesn"t mean I should have to sit there and listen to her drone on and on about the latest fashion that just came out, just because all her cackling hen friends tell her that a man should be a good "listener!". The same way I wouldn"t expect her to listen to me talk about the 50 yard touchdown pass Alex Smith just threw(Yeah.. I couldn"t type that with a straight face) or the homerun Buster Posey just hit. Men and women are allowed to and should have different interests. You don"t have to be joined at the goddamn hip and pretend to be interested in every single thing the other person is interested in. Sometimes a relationship needs the "Honey, I love you, but I don"t really give a fuck about your knitting club."

Cathan_foh

shitlord
Yeah I mostly meant when your woman comes and starts talking about her problems. If my woman comes at me with some random woman only nonsense like what the best tampons are she goes on ignore. If she comes over and I see she"s got something on her mind and she starts talking about it I try to pay attention. I don"t try to solve her problem any more, just listen and let her vent.

Always a fine line with those things. I could see Aamina foaming at the mouth happy his wife was telling him about the ins and outs of tampons but not me. The rule on all feminine personal products is I don"t buy the shit and don"t wanna hear about it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Cathan said:
I don"t try to solve her problem any more, just listen and let her vent.
This is the hardest lesson to learn, and the one that has by far the most benefits.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yep, when my wife comes to me and bitches about things that I could solve with just a few minutes worth of effort I simply sit there and give the typical "Oh yeah? oh...yeah...that sucks...uh huh....yeah..." responses and then the eventually ends until she brings it up again some days later.

I used to tell her how to fix shit and she would get all pissed off, now I pretend to give half a shit and let her talk herself out and the world goes on.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I wish I understood the psychology beneath all that. When a guy fusses about a problem and someone offers a solution, there"s generally a thank you on the way. With women, I honestly think it"s mixed up in gender identity and the need to appear independent. I"ve been called paternal and heard "stop being my dad!" so many fucking times just for offering sound advice (especially financial) that it makes me puke.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Heylel Teomim said:
I"ve been called paternal and heard "stop being my dad!" so many fucking times just for offering sound advice (especially financial) that it makes me puke.
This x1000, fuck that shit is annoying.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Heylel Teomim said:
This is the hardest lesson to learn, and the one that has by far the most benefits.
Hardest by far, my brain does not want to do this. It doesn"t help that for some reason I have mostly dated females of below average intelligence. And that trait has been bumped up on the list of things I look for in a long term relationship.