Girls who broke your heart thread

Etwynn_foh

shitlord
I know this wasn"t the point but how the fuck do you plan on not getting drunk then end up getting drunk anyway? Seriously, get a grip. You"re not in college anymore. If this happened more than once or twice in the last year, you need to seriously consider whether you have alcoholic tendencies.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Alcoholic is when you drink regularily and won"t stop, usualy every day.

Getting massivly drunk a handful of times in a year is not being alcoholic.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Heylel Teomim said:
It"s called having a good time.
Yeah. Going out for a couple beers and a bite and ending up getting hammered isn"t a sign of alcoholism.

It"s a sign of being awesome.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Heylel Teomim said:
It"s called having a good time.
Having a good time is different than:

Cathan said:
We had a talk about me not power drinking and we both agreed to it. ...

...I got bored, went down for another beer and somehow I ended up drinking something really strong, and my girl"s beer and it spiraled from there. I got drunk as shit...

...We again agreed I should handle my drinking blah blah blah
It"s more about the circumstances he"s presenting IMO.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Then don"t present it that way. Etwynn makes it sound like every time you have an unplanned evening at a pub you"re taking one step closer to Leaving Las Vegas.

Cathan_foh

shitlord
I think I"ve been drunk 3 times since Christmas and that includes Krewe of Kringle, like a drunken parade through the french quarter. I drink a glass or 2 of wine most nights but I rarely even catch a buzz.

It really is just that when the time is right, I get fucking hammered, like black out drunk. When I was drinking so much that Mardi Gras season I was a weekend warrior only. I still went out with friends some during the week but it was 1 beer max if even that, usually I drank nothing Sunday up until Friday night, then it was no holds fucking barred! And I have some great stories from all that.

I can pace myself, I just don"t like to. At our wedding reception we had a keg plus all kinds of other shit. I had a buzz but I never got even close to drunk and still had a great time that day. Saturday was a fucking Beer Tasting though!!!!!! If there"s a heaven, for me it has a permanent beer tasting event there somewhere...

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Looking for some insight from you guys.

I should probably start by giving the history between me and this girl. We met sometime when I was a junior in high school and she was a sophmore. She was probably the first girl that truly had feelings for me. She wanted a relationship, but at the time I was really, really immature and basically afraid of relationships. After about a year and half she took this as her not being good enough for me and I guess she developed some resentment towards me. We kept in touch over the years but very sparingly as we both went in and out of different relationships.

Fast forward 8 years later. I go to a new doctor and what do you know she happens to be my nurse during my first appointment. I"m at a different point in my life now and it"s like damn, I want to rekindle things with this girl. She starts to call me randomly although not much (like once a week) usually when she"s been drinking and texts me every so often also. Most of the time though, if I try to text her though she seems very resistant to replying back with anything substantial. Kind of like she"s still having animosity towards me and not wanting to forget the past.

At this point, she"s playing with me on my co-ed rec volleyball team (first game is tomorrow) We practiced monday and my cousin said it was obvious we both had something for each other. She"s asked me to switch gyms and join her crossfit gym. I had intentions of doing this anyway, but this was definitely a big plus.

I just don"t know how to make the transition of trying to take another step forward without messing things up. My biggest fault with women is fear of rejection by a large margin. I have a self defeating mentality. Should I just say fuck it and try to ask her on a real date? or just continue being passive and see where the volleyball/gym thing goes?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You know what fucking sucks? Getting divorced/breaking up with a long-time partner (which was a long time coming in itself), meeting someone during that process that you realize you have far better "chemistry" with (and thoroughly analyzing if these feelings were purelybecauseof the divorce but finding that to be false) and then finding yourself sent halfway around the world from them for years. Life is hard

Brikker

Trump's Staff
please Shutup said:
Looking for some insight from you guys.

I should probably start by giving the history between me and this girl. We met sometime when I was a junior in high school and she was a sophmore. She was probably the first girl that truly had feelings for me. She wanted a relationship, but at the time I was really, really immature and basically afraid of relationships. After about a year and half she took this as her not being good enough for me and I guess she developed some resentment towards me. We kept in touch over the years but very sparingly as we both went in and out of different relationships.

Fast forward 8 years later. I go to a new doctor and what do you know she happens to be my nurse during my first appointment. I"m at a different point in my life now and it"s like damn, I want to rekindle things with this girl. She starts to call me randomly although not much (like once a week) usually when she"s been drinking and texts me every so often also. Most of the time though, if I try to text her though she seems very resistant to replying back with anything substantial. Kind of like she"s still having animosity towards me and not wanting to forget the past.

At this point, she"s playing with me on my co-ed rec volleyball team (first game is tomorrow) We practiced monday and my cousin said it was obvious we both had something for each other. She"s asked me to switch gyms and join her crossfit gym. I had intentions of doing this anyway, but this was definitely a big plus.

I just don"t know how to make the transition of trying to take another step forward without messing things up. My biggest fault with women is fear of rejection by a large margin. I have a self defeating mentality. Should I just say fuck it and try to ask her on a real date? or just continue being passive and see where the volleyball/gym thing goes?
Being passive is not the way to go. I consider myself an above-average person when it comes to attractiveness, and I"m definitely in the higher categories of physical fitness/intelligence/all that other shit women look for
My biggest fault is being passive when it comes to meeting women (and really, people in general). Make the move. If another person can see that both of you have a thing for each other (which, for most people, has to be very obvious to see), it"s clear to me that asking her out would not harm the relationship.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
please Shutup said:
I guess she developed some resentment towards me.

She starts to call me usually when she"s been drinking and texts me every so often also. Most of the time though, if I try to text her though she seems very resistant to replying back with anything substantial. Kind of like she"s still having animosity towards me and not wanting to forget the past.
I would say no thanks to this. Games are lame. If she acts like this when shes single and most likely trying to attract a man it will amplify when she has one. Stay friends.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
please Shutup said:
Should I just say fuck it and try to ask her on a real date? or just continue being passive and see where the volleyball/gym thing goes?
How often does being passive get you laid?

I lol"d hard at "once or a twice a year" being a sign of alcoholism.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Cathan said:
I think I"ve been drunk 3 times since Christmas and that includes Krewe of Kringle, like a drunken parade through the french quarter. I drink a glass or 2 of wine most nights but I rarely even catch a buzz.

It really is just that when the time is right, I get fucking hammered, like black out drunk. When I was drinking so much that Mardi Gras season I was a weekend warrior only. I still went out with friends some during the week but it was 1 beer max if even that, usually I drank nothing Sunday up until Friday night, then it was no holds fucking barred! And I have some great stories from all that.

I can pace myself, I just don"t like to. At our wedding reception we had a keg plus all kinds of other shit. I had a buzz but I never got even close to drunk and still had a great time that day. Saturday was a fucking Beer Tasting though!!!!!! If there"s a heaven, for me it has a permanent beer tasting event there somewhere...
Lol.black out? You are a Fucking drunk or have a problem handling your booze if you are drinking yourself til you black out.

Seths_foh

shitlord
please Shutup said:
...stuffs...
Be a man and ask her on an actual date already. Don"t couch it as anything either like a friendly get together, be up front about it so its very clear it"s a date and what your intentions are. You should have your answer about how things stand, and what your next move should be when she responds.

Oh, and stop reading into things about why she didn"t respond within X amount of minutes of some text message or whatever. You honestly don"t have any idea why she"s doing or not doing whatever it is anyways so letting your mind wander or guess at the "hidden meaning" behind it all is a waste of time that does nothing but fuck with your mind.

Just ask her out since it looks like that"s what you want to have happen anyways, and that way at least you"ll have actual real answers for some of your questions.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Big Phoenix said:
Lol.black out? You are a Fucking drunk or have a problem handling your booze if you are drinking yourself til you black out.
I like blacking out. Why is that frowned upon? It"s fun because when I was a kid I wanted to be a detective. You wake up the next day and there are so many mysteries to solve. Like: Where are my pants...?"

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Seths said:
Be a man and ask her on an actual date already. Don"t couch it as anything either like a friendly get together, be up front about it so its very clear it"s a date and what your intentions are.
This. Although it"s so obvious it"s stupid to "this" this post.

It has all the benefits, and no drawbacks:
- If she is interested:
-- You come across as a man
-- She gets an opportunity to flag interest without much risk (and most girls avoid risking rejection)
-- You get a date (with tits as the endgame), which is not a friendly meeting (with coffee as the endgame)

- If she is not interested:
-- She will not respect you any less, rather the opposite
-- She gets the opportunity to turn you down without any awkwardness

(Now, I need to take my own advice. And either stop pussyfooting around approaching the girl, or drop it altogether).