Girls who broke your heart thread

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe I misread you. It sounded like what you"re saying is "It can"t/doesn"t happen". That"s simply factually incorrect. If what you are saying is "It doesn"t happen as often as you"ve been lead to believe", well that"s probably true depending on what you"ve been led to believe.

Obviously the panic of the 80"s was overblown. No one knew shit. That"s the just the nature of panic and not knowing shit. What few facts are known get misrepresented. I remember reading an article back in the late 80"s that stated HIV can be transmitted casually through sweat and tears. That is a misrepresentation. The virus can be present, which is a different thing.

However, transmission of HIV can occur through heterosexual vaginal sex. Cases are documented. The article you"re basing your argument on (good article) itself calls it "an ineffeicent mode of transmission". There is a risk factor. Don"t take that article to mean you can have sex with a woman with HIV and assume it"s perfectly "safe" -- which I still think is what you"re trying to say.

That"s a misrepresentation just the same as that article I read when I was a kid. Don"t go too far the other way with it. HIV honestly is srs bsns.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
TheCutlery said:
Is it possible? Sure, I suppose if you"ve got a bunch of sores on your dick and you don"t think twice about still throwing down sluts with that, then I suppose you can. But for the vast majority of straight men, AIDS is not a concern.
I said it"s possible. It is however, not likely.

And yes, you can transmit the disease through vaginal sex. But it"s not going up your fucking urethra, so men don"t have anything to worry about...which is kinda the same thing I said when we started this conversation. Your female partner might get it, sure, that"s entirely possible. But there"s not a fluid to bloodstream method for men to get infected in that manner. If men are claiming they"re getting it from women, they"re either doing something retarded (hey, what"s this seeping boil on my cock?) or they"re lying about the time they spent in San Francisco in the 80"s, or they"re shooting heroin in the back alley, all of which are infinitely more likely to infect you than banging the missus. Or anyone"s missus, for that matter.

Is it possible? Sure. But it"s possible a meteor drops on my fucking head when I go check the mail too. I"m not gonna worry about either.

Eomer said:
Circumcision also reduces the risk of transmission.
It also reduces the risk of penile cancer, which is another thing people cite when it comes to circumcision, but both are rare enough I wouldn"t recommend anyone already circumcised think they"re protected because of it, nor anyone circumcise their babies just on the outside chance the kid will grow up and not be smart enough to use condoms (or better protective measures).

It"s scary how many idiot 20 year old"s are fucking around saying they"re protected because they"re circumcised. While it technically may reduce the risk, it"s about the most negligible.... and I"m not personally going to rely on fractions of a percent when it comes to removing sexual tissue from my or a baby"s body.

So, yeah, so many other, better methods of preventing HIV that circumcision is about the last on the list (which is why it"s so maddening it"s STILL brought up to prevent all sorts of shit, and makes you wonder if it isn"t more a matter of an entire medical establishment trying to justify itself... see also: circumcision never "cured" masturbation as it was hoped, ooops).

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Ugly as sin and has to cover her face and wear sunglasses when she takes crooked pictures of herself in a bikini after getting absolutely hammered on a single Bud Ice?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
or with a bullet from a gun, to make sure there was one less ugly person in the world replicating themselves.