Girls who broke your heart thread

Kilivek_foh

shitlord
The responses show a lack of awareness of the problem. You look at it like modifying your behavior, modifying yourself, to achieve a certain outcome results in abetter individualbecause of that positive outcome. It"s not the case. The outcome isn"t important; the "you" is.

What society wants out of you, the cultural patterns it instills in its institutions to form your habits of thought, is notobjectively mentally healthy, only healthy in terms of adjustment. You can be perfectly adjusted to society by following these little guides, and yet you can be objectively neurotic.

The real key here, and this goes way beyond bagging bitches (yet is the most obvious example of it) is the following:society, through its norms and institutions, patterns into individuals to make them want to do what they have to do.

Things like fervent ambition, cockiness, greed are neurotic character traits that are made to be wanted, made to be good things, but they"re not healthy in any psychologically objective sense.

Crazy pscyho babble? You can see the evidence in this very thread. The very traits that are not mentally healthy are being made to be wanted, as positive, as something to change, mold yourself into. It"s like cultural bribery: do this and you"ll get this result, while ignoring what"s lost: your human self.

Fuck that. I am who I am, and no bitch will change that. If I want to send a love box or ignore a girl completely, I"ll do them, and I"ll do them without thinking because it fulfillswho I am, not some cultural defect patterned into me my Ezarticles and pickup guides.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Antarius said:
Ummm 32 - 17 does not = 20.

She wasn"t desperate to lock down a baby-daddy, she was married to the babydaddy until she was 26ish..

P.S. when she"s 40, assuming she didn"t have any more kids, all of her kids should theoretically be out living on their own.
Post pics of yourself or her.

You can blur out the face

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Fammaden said:
What are the contents of a love box?
I can"t divulge all the contents, but I can say that after opening it, you"ll need a wet-nap or two.

Seananigans said:
So you think learning how things work, and acting accordingly, is being an automaton?
Societal influences are predominately subconscious. Sure, sometimes you do something dumb and people notice it or point it out because it"s so taboo. But even then, it"s a mostly passive process: people get mad at you and that doesn"t feel good so you avoid that sort of behavior and behaviors like it in the future. You shouldn"t have to consciously make a list of all associated behaviors you should avoid.

Normal people learn how to act and interact in society. Fucked up people have to tell themselves how to act to seem normal. If you have to tell yourself, then you haven"t learned, and aren"t normal. The best way to learn is to then do it consciously, but that doesn"t mean it"s normal, ideal or at all healthy.

And part of "being yourself" is conforming enough to not be cast out of the tribe to live in the shadows and be eaten by a sabre tooth tiger.

If, in the course of "being yourself" you can never seem to not make dead baby jokes in any/all settings, then by all means start telling yourself how to act because you clearly aren"t capable of learning normally. Just be careful in how you justify the things you"re telling yourself to do because hookers are people too and strangling them isn"t cool.

Kilivek_foh

shitlord
popsicledeath said:
Normal people learn how to act and interact in society.
And then we get to it, to thepathology of normalcy. Is being normal, being adjusted to a society that is mentally sick a healthy state of mind for the individual?

Why don"t you read another how-to guide on how to behave in yet another social setting. That way you can be an even better robot. Who knows, you might even get sex with another robot tonight if you follow the article correctly!

You"ll learn how to walk, talk, behave, and think just like you"re supposed to - you"ll be pathologically normal.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Kilivek said:
And then we get to it, to thepathology of normalcy. Is being normal, being adjusted to a society that is mentally sick a healthy state of mind for the individual?

Why don"t you read another how-to guide on how to behave in yet another social setting. That way you can be an even better robot. Who knows, you might even get sex with another robot tonight if you follow the article correctly!

You"ll learn how to walk, talk, behave, and think just like you"re supposed to - you"ll be pathologically normal.
So then, what is "normal", Dr. Kilivek? Please define it for us. Your "fight the man!" schtick is getting really tiresome.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Kilivek said:
The responses show a lack of awareness of the problem. You look at it like modifying your behavior, modifying yourself, to achieve a certain outcome results in abetter individualbecause of that positive outcome. It"s not the case. The outcome isn"t important; the "you" is.

What society wants out of you, the cultural patterns it instills in its institutions to form your habits of thought, is notobjectively mentally healthy, only healthy in terms of adjustment. You can be perfectly adjusted to society by following these little guides, and yet you can be objectively neurotic.

The real key here, and this goes way beyond bagging bitches (yet is the most obvious example of it) is the following:society, through its norms and institutions, patterns into individuals to make them want to do what they have to do.

Things like fervent ambition, cockiness, greed are neurotic character traits that are made to be wanted, made to be good things, but they"re not healthy in any psychologically objective sense.

Crazy pscyho babble? You can see the evidence in this very thread. The very traits that are not mentally healthy are being made to be wanted, as positive, as something to change, mold yourself into. It"s like cultural bribery: do this and you"ll get this result, while ignoring what"s lost: your human self.

Fuck that. I am who I am, and no bitch will change that. If I want to send a love box or ignore a girl completely, I"ll do them, and I"ll do them without thinking because it fulfillswho I am, not some cultural defect patterned into me my Ezarticles and pickup guides.
You are nothing except an organism, whose ancestors adapted to survive in their environment. You act like caring about yourself is purely egotistical, you"re not arguing with anyone on this forum except yourself. Do you think your thoughts original? Do you think you"re carrying a banner of moral righteousness, and not just the selfish desire to maintain your pristine-pure belief of reality perpetrated by fiction, that may never have been reality in the first place? Altruism can be a commendable trait, in certain circumstances, but you"re merely white knighting an idea--because you"ve yet to adopt a healthy narrative in the alternate reality--the one I reckon you"ve already begun to realize you are living in.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Kilivek said:

Men sexual drive must be tamed by society. This has been the norm for most human groups. Maybe there is or was some aborigine society where if you wanted to take any women, that was cool too; but i cant think of any.

Kilivek said:

You"re a fucking psycho. You live in world where you don"t even know who is and isn"t agreeing with you anymore, what points they"re making, and how your opinion may or may not relate to what anyone else is saying. Talk about robot. At this point you just skim, see a keyword or two, and your everything-sucks-and-has-no-soul programming kicks in.

Have you considered you hate everything because you hate yourself?

In summary: I had no problem with what you said before. But, as always, you take a few good ideas, argue with anyone and everyone whether they"re making opposing points or not, make personal cracks about the things they so very clearly MUST believe (for your self-satisfying ideas to be sound), and then as you argue with your own neuroses push your perspective so far into the land of "wtf" that it becomes painful to watch.

I avoided responding to your previous posts in the hopes you"d toe that precious line between having opinions and having issues that you so often seem to straddle. Sorry the mere sight of my username seems to send you off the deep end.

ROBOTS!!! YOU"RE ALL FUCKING ROBOTS!!! ARRGGGHGHHHHH #tinfoilhat

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Kilivek said:
But it"s social conditioning. That"s the problem. "Learning how to interact with others" is a euphemism; it"s cultural and societal patterning onto an individual,and most of those patterns are not conducive to mental health.

If you follow articles like that, what are you? Who are you? Where is your humanity? You"re told what to do, be, act, and say along every step of the way. You"re an automaton, who"s dressed fashionably and says the things society tells you to say in order to breed, or again, to use another euphemism, to be "successful".

If you really dig down into it, you see that"s not only a sad state of affairs as far as individuals are concerned, nor is it simply mentally unhealthy; some of the traits are objectively pathologicallyforms of insanity, yet because they"re patterned by the culture and most everyone shares them, the neurosis doesn"t manifest.

So no, my prescription is completely, totally, and wholly be yourself, and by "yourself" I mean act in a manner that doesn"t require your thinking of how to act, just act. If women don"t respond as you"d like, that"s fine. It"s more important to act as you want than get some expected response from the act itself. See my above as to why.
You"re a lunatic.

You can"t use big words with absolutely 0 understanding of their meaning. One of theprime measures of mental healthis the ability to interact well with others and have relationships with other people. Another (higher-level) goal and indicator of mental health is positive interaction with, and contribution to, one"s community.

"Objective pathologically forms of insanity" - What the motherfuck does that even mean? You made that up. Before you make any other shit up, I"ll go ahead and warn you that I"m going to call you out on absolutely every single uneducated absurd statement you make. I"m studying to be a clinical psychologist.

Do you know what the empirically-backed therapy for social ineptitude or social anxiety is, that any clinician worth his salt would incorporate? Teaching principles of social interaction and roleplaying scenarios. Essentially practice. Precisely that mechanic robot neurosis objective insanity or whateverthefuck you said.

You sound like one of those people that takes pride in having minimal interaction with society and "being your own person." Lot"s of people are like that. I used to be. It"s an ego preservation mechanism when you don"t know how to interaction with people, so you act like they are everything that"s wrong with the world and if only the world was populated by people like you, things would be better.

Incidentally those people are also fucking MISERABLE to be around, further reinforcing their social withdraw.