Glass (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's M. Night Shitamalan. If course it sucks! Will never see another one if this weirdo ass movies.
His stuff is usually butt, sure, but Unbreakable and Split were good. I think there were quite a few people with their hopes up on this one.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Unbreakable has about a good 5 minutes in it. The rest of the movie is a bitchy kid that needs his Dad to give him a beating.

• 1Salty
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
lol you have to be a shamalama blind hater to say unbreakable was bad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Unbreakable has about a good 5 minutes in it. The rest of the movie is a bitchy kid that needs his Dad to give him a beating.

I didn't think you could top how dumb your political hot takes are, but here we are.

• 2Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Sandy vags up in here. I didn't say it was bad though I guess I didn't say it was good either. How about indifferent? The parts that were good were good but you can't deny the majority of the movie was a whiny kid dealing with his parents.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah but the thing you're missing is that's the part of it that's good for most people. Batman has a bratty kid, a bitch of a wife, and a miserable home life. It's a layered concept that could easily fall flat, but he treated it with the exact right amount of seriousness. Everyone has power fantasies... this man we're watching has the same reasons that everyone has to indulge them. In his case though they turn out to be real and not fantasies. And he struggles with the responsibility of it, as we all would and do when our fantasy becomes reality.

The juxtaposition of the two things was, and remains, refreshing. He did a tonally serious superhero story. Like Frank Miller did. Shamadingdong managed to say something about the human condition. It's not a new observation... but so what. It was well done.

I mean it's ok if it failed to connect with you on that level. But it's there. It's intentional. It's the point of the entire movie.

He might have only ever had two good movies in him. Unbreakable and I See Dead People. Both of those movies are actually clever. His other ones tend to be "look at me I'm so clever" wankfests.

• 2Like

Brad2770

There is so much I like about Signs I still enjoy it a lot despite the unfortunate "water kills aliens" aspect. I just pretend there's something else in the water that is actually hurting them.

35B37958-D1C7-41F7-AA33-CE048124147A.jpeg

• 2Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Funniest thing about this whole thread is how many different ways we refer to Shamalamadingdong.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
What a tweeeest! Unbreakable was a remarkable movie, with a dark, droning tone that a lot of people try and fail at maintaining in a movie. Sicario, and most of Hold the Dark, have similar tones. I loved all three.

And hated most of Shamalamalama's other movies. The Sixth Sense was successful only in how Shammy was able to HAVE the tweeest before people realized he was all about the tweeest. Going back and watching that movie a second time once you get the tweeest is half the enjoyment - he never opens a door! He talks to people but they never react! Brilliantly filmed.

But almost unavoidably a once in a generation thing. We all look for it now in HIS movies. We need to forget to enjoy it again. Kind of like the first Paranormal Activity which grabbed everyone by the short and curlies (my wife had all the lights on in the house for 2 days after watching it) but all the rest were unadulterated garbage. Like Blair Witch; most found footage films after this were terrible.

Anyway, I digress. This movie looks good. I plan on watching Splt this weekend.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
His tweeeest in The Last Airbender was that he was taking a giant rancid dump on the IP.

• 1Worf

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
His tweeeest in The Last Airbender was that he was taking a giant rancid dump on the IP.
yea but, what kind of fags were watching avatar the last airbender in the first place, to see the fuckedupness.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yea but, what kind of fags were watching avatar the last airbender in the first place, to see the fuckedupness.

I watched every episode of the Shannara TV series in the desperate hope that a miracle would occur before the end. Of course I watched the Airbender movie in hopes that it would be better than the trailers looked.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
m. night had lightning in a bottle with the sixth sense and unbreakable. there were a few other movies that had interesting ideas and/or good scenes but everyone kept trying to out think him on the twist. with his first 2 movies, no one was expecting anything so it was enjoyable. after that there's this indelible line where people KNOW something weird is coming out of left field. that's gotta be incredibly irritating as a story writer.

so here's my theory... m. night purposely made a bunch of ridiculous movies so people would stop thinking about what twist was coming, and would start thinking about his terrible vision. THEN he hits back hard with a twist like split being a sequel to unbreakable and everyone is back in the palm of his hand.

but here's the twist. because m. night always needs a twist. he actually IS a terrible writer and director.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Read the spoiler write up on reddit. This is not a twist movie, this is a shitty plot movie.

Reddit write up if you even want to bother:

• 1Barf
  • 1RAGE

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So the ultimate twist ending is that given the choice to resurrect his directorial career, he instead decides to give the world a middle finger instead.

• 1Worf