Glass (2019)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shamanlama is fine. I can't really think of one I wanted to walk out of. All where at least average and many were spectacular. Stop hating.

Your opinion is wrong, you should be forced to watch the happening, the village, the devil, and the last air bender back to back in one of those chairs from a clockwork orange until you understand the depths of your stupid.

• 4Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
He had a good run : Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs...

Then I saw the Village... which I was meh about, but didn't hate it.
Then I saw Lady in Water and stopped watching anything else of his thereafter. Never saw The Happening or Last Airbender.

This looks good though. I didn't even know about Split.

Sterling

El Presidente
He had a good run : Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs...

Then I saw the Village... which I was meh about, but didn't hate it.
Then I saw Lady in Water and stopped watching anything else of his thereafter. Never saw The Happening or Last Airbender.

This looks good though. I didn't even know about Split.
First 2/3 of Signs was pretty good but it went off the rails and ended very poorly. Most stuff since has been actively terrible until Split which was decent.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Signs would have been good if someone just told him this planet is mostly water.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
First 2/3 of Signs was pretty good but it went off the rails and ended very poorly. Most stuff since has been actively terrible until Split which was decent.
Love signs because I love Mel Gibson and UFOs and shit but the ending was retarded. Water allergic aliens?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
Love signs because I love Mel Gibson and UFOs and shit but the ending was retarded. Water allergic aliens?

One would think an advanced alien species who have mastered space travel would see earth and be like “fuck water, nope”.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Signs would have been good if someone just told him this planet is mostly water.

Shit not just this planet, water is fuckin everywhere in the universe. Hydrogen and Oxygen are super abundant.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
One would think an advanced alien species who have mastered space travel would see earth and be like “fuck water, nope”.

Same issue with the War of the Worlds movie, except replace water with disease

Sevens

Log Wizard
Same issue with the War of the Worlds movie, except replace water with disease
At least this had some historical reference, disease wiped out a lot of the natives when the europeans came to the new world, the water allergic aliens was just fucking stupid to the Nth degree...I mean just the fucking atmosphere is full of water vapor so they shouldnt have even been able to get out of the ships without space suits....and from that stupidity it just went down hill fast, and The Last Air Bender is perhaps one of the worst movies I have ever seen, it was an abortion of an abomination...Hell he couldnt even get the name of the main character right...That movie pissed me off so bad I wont watch another Shamalamadingdong movie. Fuck this arrogant cunt

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yea lets not forget Trailers can almost make anything look good. Watch that and tell me you aren't expecting some horror movie with an unknown monster. Then you end up watching that shit and goddamn you feel like that Shamalamadingdong faggot just ran up behind you and socked you in the head. It's so fucking bad. I will bet someone here $1,000 real world dollars this hack fuck will turn this movie into some ultra faggot bullshit.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Your opinion is wrong, you should be forced to watch the happening, the village, the devil, and the last air bender back to back in one of those chairs from a clockwork orange until you understand the depths of your stupid.

The happening was ok , I like apocalypse type movies and some of the death scenes were pretty eerie. I did not mind the Village, and I thought the Devil was good stuff. Its actually on either amazon prime or netflix (I have both, and put it on one of my watch lists, forget which though) right now. I saw it in the theater but thought it good enough to watch again soon.

Did not see the last airbender. Looked like a childrens movie with a bunch of child actors. Not interested.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is no targeted age demographic for his vision of The Last Airbender. The horror assaults the minds of all who view it equally.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

In your lists you guys are forgetting the somewhat recent The Visit (2015). Not a great film, but at least a decent one, unlike The Last Airbender (2010). I guess it can be considered the starting point of Shyamalan's return to form.

Also missing from the lists, probably because it's better to forget it even exists: After Earth (2013). This Will & Jaden Smith SF adventure is supposedly extremely dumb, pretty terrible and, even worse, some sort of scientology inspired thing... That's one of the only three Shyamalan directed movies I have not seen, the other two being Praying with Anger and Wide Awake, the movies he made before The 6th Sense.

Also, while we complain about the quality of MNS' movies, the guy remained a pretty safe bet through his career. Let's look at budget and domestic box office for his movies:

The 6th Sense: $40m -> $293m

Unbreakable: $75m -> $95m

Signs: $72m -> $228m

The Village: $60m -> $114m

Lady in the Water: $70m -> $42m OUPS! Probably still in the red even with the foreign box office.

The Happening: $48m -> $64m

The Last Airbender: $150m -> $131m OUPS! Probably in the green thanks to foreign box office ($188m). Also, by far his highest budget film and he got to helm it after two film that did not inspire confidence!

Devil: $10m -> $33m Not directed by MNS, but produced by him and based on one of his stories.

After Earth: $130m -> $60m OUPS! Probably not saved by the $183m of foreign box office.

The Visit: $5m -> $65m That's some serious return on investment!

Split: $9m -> $138m Not only is that some tremendous return on investment, that's the third highest domestic grossing film of MNS' career!

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh god, I'd forgotten after earth. I watched part of it out of morbid curisoity.

Yep. It was exactly the sort of terrible you would expect. A father's vanity movie to showcase his utterly average son.

I'm sure it was a nice bonding experience.

Brad2770

Shamanlama is fine. I can't really think of one I wanted to walk out of. All where at least average and many were spectacular. Stop hating.

I agree. My top three are Unbreakable, Signs and The Sixth Sense. The others were pretty good too. I never watched The Happening, so cant really comment there. I really did enjoy The Village. Cool idea, but I’ll admit the ending was a bit of a let down. I was still entertained and didn’t feel like I wasted my money.

I hope a Glass wraps things up and he doesn’t plan on some Unbreakable Universe and keep making them. It would definitely water down the franchise.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the devil is not bad, it's pretty good from a thriller/whodunit, ending sucked but eh shamalamadingdong.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Pretty good, then went to shit near the end is almost every one of his movies. Airbender and Happening were just terrible all the way through though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I stopped watching any move of his without major approval here after the Village.

Fuck that movie, and anyone who thought it was good, right in the face.

I suppose I should see Split though, since it was lauded so heavily here.

• 1Like