Gloomhaven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

was looking for ones like
No Pun Included Season 2 Scenario (Beyond the End of the World)
SC1 The Secret Cabal Season 1 (Secrets of the Lost Cabal) etc

--
while on that page, played any of the 10 scenario mini-campaigns?

And, see above for my comments on them. We tried, we really tried.

Goatface

And, see above for my comments on them. We tried, we really tried.
there are no kickstarter scenarios on the reddit page. Secret Cabal/Dice Tower/No Pun Included Season 2&3.

didn't realize those were the ones you were talking about playing. the BGG overview for them doesn't say anything about forgotten circles and frosthaven.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
there are no kickstarter scenarios on the reddit page. Secret Cabal/Dice Tower/No Pun Included Season 2&3.

didn't realize those were the ones you were talking about playing. the BGG overview for them doesn't say anything about forgotten circles and frosthaven.

Capital Intrigue was okay. One scenario was a bit of a drag. Into the unknown was fine too. The third one was straight garbage (which was for the forgotten Circles xpac) and then 4th one, the Blacksmith and the Bear, was for the Frosthaven Kickstarter. They were so overtuned it wasn't even remotely close to fun, entertaining, or interesting. I suppose if you're playing the 4 overpowered classes at level 9 and using prosperity 9 items they're probably fine...but that's not what they are intended for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They just announced the MSRP for Frosthaven will be $250. This is much higher than the estimate during the Kickstarter but lots of changes resulted in a much higher price point.

Existing backers are fine, but that is a huge number for a retail boardgame...

• 1WTF

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They just announced the MSRP for Frosthaven will be $250. This is much higher than the estimate during the Kickstarter but lots of changes resulted in a much higher price point.

Existing backers are fine, but that is a huge number for a retail boardgame...
Isn’t the content going to be roughly the same as GH? Going from $100 to $250 is nuts.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still really glad I backed out of that campaign. I may play JotL because I've got a new friend group interested, if they like it I'll go through Gloomhaven again. It's hard to justify more especially with other crawlers on the way.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Their backing got raped when they went full on woke. They are also getting cornholed by supply chain issues like everyone else, I am sure.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Isn’t the content going to be roughly the same as GH? Going from $100 to $250 is nuts.

GH was ~$140-160 at launch, depending on which printing wave you caught and when you caught it.

Honestly, with shipping and Bidenomics, that's not too far off of reasonable.

It'll be my last -Haven purchase though, because Isaac is a fucking cuck retard. At least he's gonna be losing substantial money now for taking this goddamned long doing woke rewrites of his campaign.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are you just assuming the former?
Nope. The designer literally told people who did not follow BLM could and should get a refund because he did not want to sell it to such people. Take a wild guess what happened next. Dude literally rewrote content and has publicly talked about rewriting the base game to be more "diversity minded". I guess it was some chick he was banging getting him into the woke train, not as though that would be a surprise. I think his whole SJW sperg out is still on the backer page.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Nope. The designer literally told people who did not follow BLM could and should get a refund because he did not want to sell it to such people. Take a wild guess what happened next. Dude literally rewrote content and has publicly talked about rewriting the base game to be more "diversity minded". I guess it was some chick he was banging getting him into the woke train, not as though that would be a surprise. I think his whole SJW sperg out is still on the backer page.
It's a little worse than your saying. He actually called them racists and the guy he hired to help him rewrite the stuff was one of those all White people are racist guys. I mean in Gloomhaven there are actual races that are significantly different from each other and not just in the melanin sense.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah remember that now. Plus he doubled down when the backlash hit. Not a surprise, but he doubled down super hard and alienated a lot of his original backers. We cancelled and we were far from the only ones.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's a little worse than your saying. He actually called them racists and the guy he hired to help him rewrite the stuff was one of those all White people are racist guys. I mean in Gloomhaven there are actual races that are significantly different from each other and not just in the melanin sense.
It was so bad he doesn’t even use the word race anymore to differentiate his races. He says that stereotyping the races IN HIS GAME is even harmful in the real world. “Not all OX men are brave and strong” type shit. Pretty pathetic beta male.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

1649973809433.png

• 1Rustled

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
There's a thread on the gloomhaven reddit right now, someone modded GH helper to work for Crimson Scales and Frosthaven. Get it while you can, because it will still work, the app is just being taken down.

A lot of copyright bullshit is just he said/she said shit, so I'm not really interested in the fucking drama. This dude had a chance to make a Frosthaven helper app, decided he didn't want to do it, so now they're clearing him out so they can find a dev who wants to. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
There's a thread on the gloomhaven reddit right now, someone modded GH helper to work for Crimson Scales and Frosthaven. Get it while you can, because it will still work, the app is just being taken down.

A lot of copyright bullshit is just he said/she said shit, so I'm not really interested in the fucking drama. This dude had a chance to make a Frosthaven helper app, decided he didn't want to do it, so now they're clearing him out so they can find a dev who wants to. Nothing wrong with that, imo.
The pre-order for the next print is out. I'm going to be hemming and hawing about this for a while.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Almost 2 years to release. You'll be waiting awhile yet.
Seems you were off by a year!
Not that I know when exactly it reached fully playable state but I picked it up again a couple of weeks ago and have been loving it ever since.
So glad I can finally enjoy this awesome game again, though a little sad I'll never have the real life group to deep dive into it.

ps still catching up on this thread!