Gloomhaven

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That is a crazy nice organizer. Did you friend happen to say how the assembly went?

I’ve used broken token several times. Their stuff is always fantastic and easy to assemble.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Added it to my cart when looking at it right after originally posting and got an email today offering 10% off it I completed my order and ended up pulling the trigger. Looking forward to putting it together in between the 40k stuff.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just remember adding a tiny amount of wood glue during assembly makes it that much more solid.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tried to run past to the scenario goal after we saw the sheer number of baddies, down the the very end with one hex of movement too many required to loot before we all died.

Still love this game!

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Started my campaign Monday, this game is pretty damn sweet.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Put together the organizer linked above (as well as their Scythe one) today and they were super straight forward and with their youtube videos pretty much impossible to screw up. They look really good in the boxes and look like they will be a godsend when I take the games to other people's homes to play. Only advice I can give beyond what they show you on youtube is treat the break points like the cut points on mini's and sand the little nubs down.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
finally broke this out and played the first scenario tonight (punched out all the stuff last night and got it ready), had 3 people (wife, son and me) and we went with kind of a holy trinity of Brute / Scoundrel / Spellweaver

played on normal difficulty and got through but the Brute (my son) got absolutely blown up charging into the second room. He basically played like he was the mother-fuckin juggernaut. Our card selection wasn't great off the rip as we same the game-flow but I really liked the game. I got the "nil damage" modifier card 2 times during the first scenario, which really hurt bad but we made it through.

we house-ruled a few things that I couldn't find answers to, maybe someone here knows?

Do you loot gold that drops from mobs as you move through it or only if you end your space on it? We played it that if you moved over it, you picked it up.

Does Retaliate work against ranged attacks or just melee attacks? We played it for both players and monsters as working against both ranged and melee.

If you start the campaign as a 3 person team and 1 person dies midway through, do the remaining unopened rooms spawn as if there are 2 people (instead of the original 3, since 1 of them died) or do you basically have to finish the whole thing at a huge disadvantage if one person dies? We played it where once the Brute died any further rooms were spawned according to 2 players but we had to finish the mobs that spawned in the room he died in, since we had 3 when we opened the door.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
found out that retaliate doesn't work against ranged attacks, but apparently there are some retaliates that have a range and you can hit everything into that range with the retaliate damage when attacked

we are looking forward to doing the 2nd scenario tonight. The setup and pickup was too time consuming so moved it to a downstairs game room instead of the kitchen table so we can leave it set up for easier play.

Del

Vyemm Raider
found out that retaliate doesn't work against ranged attacks, but apparently there are some retaliates that have a range and you can hit everything into that range with the retaliate damage when attacked

we are looking forward to doing the 2nd scenario tonight. The setup and pickup was too time consuming so moved it to a downstairs game room instead of the kitchen table so we can leave it set up for easier play.
Right. You also only loot at the end of the round and/or if you use a card that has a loot action. Example, if your card says Loot 2 that means you loot everything that is within 2 hexes of you once played.

Also, if someone becomes exhausted, you still play out the scenario as if it was the entire party playing.

Setting up the game is a huge chore without proper storage solutions and categorization. This thread helped me a lot. Y.A.S.S (Yet Another Storage Solution) |

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good call on the YASS organizers. Got a full set at Academy for 15 bucks and change and hot em set up before play last night, will help a ton.

I will check out the FAQ, thanks for that link

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
So my brother, a friend of mine and I have all become pretty addicted to this. I would have never expected it because my brother is barely a board game player, never touched an rpg in his life, and certainly isn't a gamer. But we've all gotten together and played Gloomhaven every night so far this week after work. We've completed 6 scenarios since Sunday (6 wins, 2 losses). Looking forward to playing again tonight. We've decided we're going to be raiding the Temple of the Eclipse. Sounds promising.

Also, City Events and Road Events were a very nice touch. So glad they're in the game. Probably one of my favorite aspects.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That’s awesome. Wish I could do dedicated gaming like that once in a while.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So there was a new wave that just got released. There is one more production run next month. Then there won't be another until June/July so grab a copy while you can.

I recommend discountgamesinc.com Jay that runs it is a solid dude and has super fast shipping.