God of War (2018)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This God of War is the Dark Souls of Gods of War, amirite?

I set it on the highest difficulty, but I'm at my first real brick wall. It's the group fight just after you find your first rune, and I just can't seem to get my shit together enough to beat it. I've gotten a lot better at getting the kid to distract and let me handle a more manageable number, but the projectile draugurs being able to 1 shot me if I've taken any damage at all is too much for my sleep deprived brain. We'll see if I can handle it better after some sleep, but it's looking like I'm gonna be lowering it down a notch :oops:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You pretty much always have to prioritize killing projectile attackers first or you are gonna be fucked. That's the same encounter that made me change difficulty and that's before the heavier enemies even show up.

Siliconemelons

Do they explain how the fuck he is not dead... or do they just, eh- he has a scar see..carry on- oh and it's norse gods now.

Don't need specifics or spoiler just a general "story' feel thus far

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Do they explain how the fuck he is not dead... or do they just, eh- he has a scar see..carry on- oh and it's norse gods now.

Don't need specifics or spoiler just a general "story' feel thus far
I got the upgraded digital version from the PSN store. It comes with a downloadable GoW comic book plus other items and hopefully that will shed some light on what happened.

The game is fantastic. It took me a while to get use to controllers but once I put it in classic mode it was much easier for battle. I wasn't a fan of attacking with the right triggers. Also the lore is amazing. This really has me wanting to read up on Norse mythology. If anyone owns a PS4 this game is a must buy.

who was the guy at the beginning with all the blue tattoos all over his body that was sent by Odin? I have a feeling I will meet him again cause he never identified himself

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I forgot about those two.

4k + PS4 Pro is a damn game changer. I thought there was no way it would look that good, and I was wrong.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
And Monster Hunter World!

Got the PS4 with Bloodbourne, HZero Dawn, MHW, and now GoW and its one of the most satisfying purchases i have ever made. I cant believe for so long i was a PC snob saying consoles were for kids.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just put in my two weeks yesterday and I mostly work from home. I'm thinking about buying this and playing instead of working today.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
From this day forward I shall only address my son as BOY!!!

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
who was the guy at the beginning with all the blue tattoos all over his body that was sent by Odin? I have a feeling I will meet him again cause he never identified himself

If I had to guess, it would be Loki. He can't be hurt (could be an illusion/projection), seems like a bit of a trickster and during the fight mentions he has a brother.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
From this day forward I shall only address my son as BOY!!!
Make a drinking game of how many time Kratos says it and you might die. Also funny to keep track of him saying "indeed" since the voice actor, Christopher Judge, said it all the time in Stargate SG-1.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If I had to guess, it would be Loki. He can't be hurt (could be an illusion/projection), seems like a bit of a trickster and during the fight mentions he has a brother.

Nope not Loki, it's given away pretty early who the stranger is, when you enter the hub area

Needless

Toe Sucker
I keep dying on literally the first group of enemies on the hardest difficulty hahaha sigh

Definitely restarting, its not even fun on that difficulty lmao

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So yeah this is fucking amazing so far, only taking 5 seconds to post this and go back to playing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users